I've had it with Comcast

I have been a loyal Comcast customer for years and recently they have been mailing me and sending sales people to my door telling me that I had to switch my Comcast phone service to digital before April 15th 2008 or my phone service would be discontinued. So I agreed to have it done after a sales person came to my home for the 5th time and she told me that it would be an easy switch over and I would keep my current phone number...So she set up a date to have it switched over and the independent contractor who didn't speak English very well comes to my house to do the work on a Friday and after he left I could only make out going calls and could not receive incoming calls. I called customer service and they tried for 2 days to fix the problem over the phone. Finally they sent out another independent contractor who couldn't speak good English and he fixed the problem and told me that I had a new phone number, I told him that the sale s person told me that I would keep my old number and he told me to call customer service and they told me that I could not get my old number back. I told them to come take the phone out because at that point I was very dissatisfied and stressed out over the whole situation. Customer service sent out another independent contractor to my home and he disconnected my phone and dissconnect my ethernet plug to my computer for some strange reason. And it took me an hour to figure the problem out so I could get back online. I called verizon the next day and they sent a verizon employee to my home who was an American citizen and he was very pleasant and hooked my phone service up in 30 minutes and now I am switching my internet and cable TV over to verizon. The word comcast will never be spoken in my home again I forbid it.
ID