Bad Experience with Easy Street Vacation Rentals, Destin, FL

This vacation house rental company tents to overcharge customers after they check out of the rental properties. We brought two dogs there for 4 days, one was white and one was white with yellow spots. We paid the pet fees ($160) and clean fees ($300) in front. After we checked out the house, we received a bill of $400+ deducted from our $500 deposit. One of the charges was, "There was a great amount of BLACK pet hair throughout the house and on the furniture" for $60, along with other charges. But, we had WHITE dogs. Another one is "dragged sand throughout the house and decks" for $50. This house was several blocks from the beach. We didn't swim on the beach because it was too cold in the winter. Basically, they have no intention to refund your deposit. You really don't want to spend big $ on the vacation and then have to deal with these rude poeple afterward.

I also had a horrible experience with easy street vacation rentals. I was charged for a golf cart that was supposed to be included in the price.

When I noticed the charge(the day after we got there) i called the owner. I had autorized him to charge my card for the insurance fee that the website said you had to pay in order to use the golf cart. When the owner arrived to discuss the issue, He was extremely rude!!! He said that when I booked the rental it was not included.

Their website was changed the same day I booked!

He refunded only a portion of the charge and offered a discounted rate to keep it the reaminder of the time. I will NEVER rent from them again because of the way the owner treated me!!!

I saw their add on tv in relation to losing business and the oil spill. I'm glad that I research properties before I go to them.

After reading this and other complaints on other sites, leads me to decide that I dont want to deal with the hassle of trying enjoy my vacation and then have to fight with the owner over things that should be ready for me or the deposit once we leave. Maybe he didnt lose money from the oil spill maybe he lost it from bad business practices.

We were considering booking at this rental company but have found too much negative information.What is surprising is the Owner is actually calling his customers names which is a big turn off.Thanks but no thanks,our money can be spent just as well elsewhere.

View more comments (2)