Explore video interviews
Yes someone stole my account with my debit card and had three rides with Uber. I would like it to be investigated my name is kristopher white thats kristopher with a K you can reach me at 813-468-****

Hi Kristopher, The same thing happened to me twice within a months time on 2 different debit cards. I do not have an acct with Uber nor have I ever used Uber.

The 1st time was 3-2-22, I first contacted my bank. They canceled my card issued me a new one also gave me copy of charges, amount. Date & time. I then emailed Uber got a rep named Sumit K.

She asked me for the 3 amounts,date & first 6 & last 4 # of my card.and screenshot of charges on bank statement. I sent all of the above. Sumit got back to me very quickly inform me that the first name of the person that used my card was Jaquita & charges were for Uber in California, I live in Missouri. The 3 charges were refunded back to me from Uber within 24 hours.

Now another later on 4-28 & 29, 3 more charges show up on my acct. Now mind you this is a completely different debit acct #. So I contact my bank cancel that card get new one & all info. I then send Uber an email to same one I sent to before & I get an email back that they are no longer responding to that email that I have to send thru my Uber app, which I do not have.

So I went to help section on their website got an email, sent them all the info for the 3 charges plus screenshot. I received at least 6 different email from different reps each time saying they need this or that. They kept requesting the same info saying when they received the info they would be able to help me. I sent them the info they requested on all 6 emails.

They then tell me that they have check all their accts & can't find the charges & that I should contact my bank, which I did. They said that 2 of the charges were still pending & that Uber probably had not received yet but that 1 of the charges had definitely gone thru & they should show that they had received it. So I emailed Uber with this info & they never responded back. So I sent them another email stating that I wanted to SPEAK to a supervisor, either have one call me or give me a ,# that I could call them.

Never heard back. So I checked my bank statement today & the 2 pending charges had now gone thru. So instead of emailing, I filled out form that is on their help section on website. I get email back asking for all the same info I had already sent them at least 6-7 times.

So then I get email that this has been sent on to a department that handles these things. Pretty soon I get another email again asking me for all the info that had been sent several times before but I sent all info again. Then I receive an email telling me they can't locate charges. 1st I want to know how they getting my info 2 different accts.

2. Why can't they locate charges, they did have problem a month earlier even gave me 1st name of person that used it. 3. Why if somebody has my card info that Uber is the only place it was use both time & 3 charges each time.

And if they can tell me the first name of person who is using it then they should have more of that person's info, why don't they turn it over to the authorities for stealing someone's debit card & using it.

This isn't over, I have found a # that hopefully I can talk to a real person & get to bottom of this. Wish me luck

View more comments
Featured
ID
#2441909 Review #2441909 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Land O Lakes, Florida
Preferred solution
Someone stole my debit card account number and had three rides with Uber