US Marine Engines - Got my money so never answer my call

I had two engines sent out to be rebuilt. As soon as the engines were returned and put in we notice problems. first the water pump was installed in reverse. The second thing was the compression was very low for a rebuild. The engine on the port side which needed the rebuild was going through oil after the rebuild. US marine engine said it just wasn't broken in. Now it's almost two years later. The engines had to be pulled and rebuilt again and first news I got was that the cylinders were cut bigger, but then they put back in the smaller standard pistons. You can actually move the pistons with your finger from side to side. The mechanic also informed me their was a bent rod. Said it probably happened when the engine was re assembled and someone at US marine engines was not paying attention. Only half the engine is torn down as of today but I can foresee more issues. The other engine seems to run ok but not what they promised and it ran ok before we sent it to them. We wanted both engines with the higher hp and fuel economy they promised. Now were thinking the other engine was not rebuilt at all and all they did was throw some paint on the block and a new ignition. Stay away from these guys they are only going to rip you off. Still trying to decide on what recourse to take legally.. I am just shocked they are still in business. I'm retired ARMY so those engines cost me a good chunk of my savings I can't replace. Stuck borrowing now to get them done right.
ID
Product
Us Marine Engines Engine
Cons
  • Bad service
  • Did not honor warranty
Reason of review