Ascentive phone number

Ascentive is now sending out emails saying they will "renew your subscription to ActiveSpeed using the credit card on file for $29.95". I have received two of these emails so far and have no idea where they even got my name. Ive never even heard of them before nor have I ever installed them in my computer. Their phone number is 1-88*-550-**** (weekdays 9am-5pm eastern. Everyone should start calling their number and jam their lines. Im sure they dont give a darn. It does no good to send them emails either because they done answer them.

Thanks for the phone number, I called it and went to Sales... sounded like it was in India, but they did cancel my $29.95 and I got an email confirm from them. I hate auto-renewals for this kind of stuff, but they did refund it without much hassle.

I just wanted to say thank you for your post. I needed their phone number, they actually charged my acct.

and i needed to call but they do not have a phone number listed on their site so Thanks. :grin

#120253

:( Do not ever try to "free/trial" version of this software at finallyfast.com. One of our employees recently noticed a charge on their corporate credit card from Ascentive.

I contacted Ascentive's customer service and was informed that the charge was for an automatic renewal of the software after the year's free trial. How is this free if you bill my credit card without authorization a year later?

They said they would cancel the subscription and reverse the charge. We'll see...

#119052

Durch Visa Card habe ich die Software mit Nr. 888-550-**** bei Ihnen gekauft.

Dieser Betrag von 57,88€ wurde von meinem Konto abgebucht.

Leider kann ich dieses Programm nicht nutzen, wegen fehlender Installationsoftware und Freischalltung. Bitte um Ihre Unterstuetzung.MfGleopold

My wife and I spotted an ascentive charge on our bank card which led us to these posts.

Before the charge showed up we've never heard of Ascentive or their products and have never visited their web sites.

We're calling the bank to stop any payments.

Hello, this is Chris Gordon, Email Marketing Manager at Ascentive. During the weekend of Dec 11th to Dec 13th, a subscription auto-renewal email was accidentally sent to everyone in the Ascentive email database.

This database includes not only current and former customers but also recipients who may have received any information from us in the past.

The email you received was only meant for a small number of our subscription users. Ascentive would like to assure you that we do not have your name or credit card information and that this was not an attempt to obtain this information.

At no time would we request that information unless you had previously activated an account with us. We offer our apologies for the error and you will receive no further emails from us in the future.

I received the same e-mails. First one Sat.

morning then the second one in the afternoon. Sunday received the email saying the my account would not be charge.BS I checked with my bank and, it had been charged 2weeks before I got the emails.

Called and got nothing but another BS recording. My bank is going to go after them for the unauthorized charges.

Ascentive's Privacy Policy

The following discloses our information gathering and usage practices.

We may share your unique identifying information with outside parties when they are helping us fulfill your order. We have safeguards in place (strong encryption, passwords, and limited access policies) to protect your information on our systems and when being communicated to our order fulfillment partners, such as the shipping warehouse.

We use a cookie so you don't see our pop-up offer more than once per day. The cookie contains the date you saw our popup. If you have disabled cookies in your web browser, you'll see our popup offer every time you exit our web site.

Ascentive's Revenue Partners program provide site traffic to www.ascentive.com in exchange for a percentage of sales revenue. When you order an Ascentive product and you have been referred by a Revenue Partner, the following anonymous information is provided to the Revenue Partner to calculate revenue and verify our compliance: order number, product name, product cost, and date/time. No customer identifying information is provided to Revenue Partners unless that Revenue Partner is responsible for helping us fulfill your order, in which case your personal information will only be used by Revenue Partner to fulfill your order. Ascentive is not responsible for information you choose to provide directly to an Ascentive Revenue Partner via their web site.

Our site uses an order form for customers to request information, products, and services. We collect visitor's contact information (like their email address) and financial information (like their account or credit card numbers). Financial information that is collected is used to bill the customer for products and services. Miscellaneous optional information collected on the order form, such as connection speed and operating system, are used in aggregate to help us make decisions about developing new products and services. Contact information you provide on your order form may be used occasionally by Ascentive or select partners to announce free updates to software items ordered, special offers and related promotions. You may opt out of this at any time. We are committed to respecting your wishes for use of your personal data.

Security

This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Ascentive uses passwords and SSL encryption to protect the security of this information.

Other Ascentive Software

Our software may include links or recommendations for other Ascentive products that would complement your current purchase. If you decide to activate an account and provide us with your email address, you will be automatically subscribed to receive Ascentive’s periodic newsletter (SpeedElite) in the form of an html email, with information including, but not limited to, software updates, discount offers, and new software releases. If you do not wish to receive these announcements, you can remove your name from our mailing list by the unsubscribe process detailed at the bottom of each newsletter or contact Ascentive LLC via our web site at www.ascentive.com and request to be removed from our list. Ascentive LLC does not sell or trade customer information. Any customer contact information is kept private and never given out or sold to a third party.

Correct/Update

This site gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided.

* You can send us email at the Ascentive Support Center.

* You can send mail to the following postal address:

Ascentive LLC,

201 Spring Garden Street,

Philadelphia, PA 19123

You can call the following telephone number: 1.215.320.6000

Legal Disclaimer

Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site.

Contacting the Web Site

If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact:

Ascentive Webmaster,

201 Spring Garden Street,

Philadelphia, PA 19123

after reading this it makes me wonder what do they find legal.......procedure?

I got the same 2 e mails and it's obvious it's a scam. At the top it says Dear and no name follows, just a comma.

It's typical for these types of e mails to have bad grammar or spelling. I have never downloaded a product with this name or given my credit card number so they can't have a number I have never given and so I don't have any account with them. If you call that number and are told that your credit card number is needed to access your account, which you know doesn't exist then it is a scam to obtain your credit card number that they were never given previously so they can charge you for something you never bought.

Don't be tricked into allowing people to get money from you. Just ignore the e mail or report it as spam, fraud, or a scam.

If you feel that this place commited fraud against you, go to my posting under the "no support" tab and read.It gives you good advice on how to handle this situation.

View more comments (17)