Medium - Censorship rudely and poorly implemented

Type: Complaint To: medium.com Topic: Overall Experience I started a blog about my hobby where I review products that I buy. I made 450 blog posts when they randomly decided that my blog was some kind of spam, which could be true if I was secretly working for all of these companies or something, but I am not, and have no personal or financial interest in the success of the products. Their process is broken and the result of this is a very disrespectful waste of my time migrating my blog to a site without such absurd and rude censorship of content. I would like them to fix their process as to not waste other bloggers time who might create a large amount of content only to have it censored at some seemingly random and nonsensical point in time. I'd advise them to create a disclaimer that loudly proclaims their censorship when new users sign up to create their blog so it is abundantly clear which kind of content they will censor, so those bloggers don't waste their time and pick a more suitable and unbiased blogging platform for their content.

Did they give you a reason for stating your blog was spam? I've had a blog for years and people *** into these sites ALL the time and cause havoc for the host sites. I would imagine this is what happened.

@Anonymous

Nope nothing like that, they simply arbitrarily determined it was a spam blog, basically implying that my reviews were fake and simply created to generate revenue for products and drive traffic to them, when actually it was just my own personal blog about reviewing products I bought. It was beyond disappoint and at the end of the day, downright disrespectful and a completely immoral action.

View more comments (1)
ID
Service
Medium Customer Care
Pros
  • Ease of creating decent looking blog posts
Cons
  • Broken process for censoring content
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution