Verified Reviewer

Extended protection plan a "heads I win, tails you lose" for Lowes

I purchased a clothes washer in December of 2017 and got a great discount. I also purchased a 5 year extended protection plan. Last month, the washer quit working so I scheduled a service call. The tech told me he would be ordering two parts but thought he would only need one. Today, I discovered that Lowes is reneging coverage under the plan and is only willing to settle for the discounted amount I paid for the washer and they are not even including anything for the remaining two year of the plan they are not honoring. When I initially called, the representative lied and claimed that the repair parts were not available. The second representative, a supervisor, claimed that Lowes had decided the cost of repairs was too great yet they would not tell me any details. I finally reached out to the repair folks who had seen the unit and the amount of repairs would have been almost $200 less than the value of the washer. I will never buy another appliance from Lowes. The people seem pleasant enough but at the end of the day, they will rip you off if it will save them a couple hundred dollars.

User's recommendation: Avoid purchasing major appliances from Lowes and NEVER buy the extended protection plan.

ID
Pros
  • Knowledgeable and friendly staff
Cons
  • Does not honor costly extended warranty plans
Loss
Preferred solution
either pay me the retail value of the appliance when purchased and a pro-rata share of two years of unearned protection plan or fix the washer as they should have.