Verified Reviewer

NordVPN - Charged my credit card for 3-year subscription on "auto-renewal" without permission and refuses it issue refund

Update by user Feb 01, 2021

EDIT TO TYPOS: Nord VPN auto-renewed my VPN service without my knowledge and when I saw the 3-year "auto-renew" on my credit card, I promptly asked for a refund. They refused to provide it, falling back on some fine print policy when I signed up for a promo three years ago.

I asked multiple times, explaining that this expense is extraordinary for me during pandemic times. I had no knowledge of this auto-renewal despite the company insisting they "contacted me". I never received, opened or read any emails of the sort.

This can be verified - my "unopened" email is reported in most email software programs. I would have never renewed Nord VPN had I known that there was a roll-over subscription.

Original review updated by user Feb 01, 2021
Nord VPN auto-renewed by (not very reliable) VPN service without my knowledge and when I saw the 3-year "auto-renew" on my credit card and asked for a refund as I did not wish to auto renew for 3 years or any length of time. I did not receive any emails regarding the upcoming renewals, I was completely unaware and they can confirm this as any email software will show 'unopened' vs 'opened' emails. We are in a pandemic, I do not need this expense, and the company chose to be uncooperative and gave me a robotic answer over and over that was not at all helpful. This is nothing more than a money grab. The customer service team referred to some fine print when I originally subscribed to a promo offer THREE years ago, as their fallback response and they refused to acquiesce. I find this unethical, not very understanding and a money grab. I want a refund on my card. If this sort of thing happens with apps in the Apple store, Apple will step in to help get your money back. Nord VPN - shame on you.

User's recommendation: Do NOT get Nord VPN.

#2003549

brutal

#2003548

"I had no knowledge of this auto-renewal " Translation: I didn't bother to READ or UNDERSTAND the terms I agreed to. In addition to blaming someone else for my foolishness, I'm trying to pull the COVID card as a way out.

There, I fixed it for you. You shouldn't have said you understood the terms when YOU agreed to them.

Listen, Personal Responsibility 101 is down the hall, to the right. Enroll now, classes are forming...

View more comments (1)