David Maus Chevrolet - What could be improved to make my experience better

August 4, 2017 Response to survey from chevroletcx.com What could be improved to make your experience better? This purchase would have been better if the dealer did not change the interest rate of the deal AFTER I had signed the original paperwork. The new "deal" I signed made my payments go up $21/mo., times 75 months this equals $1,575. It resulted in a payment of $260./mo. Originally the sales folks offered the car at payments of $260./mo with a financing interest rate of 6.9%. I said the monthly payments needed to be lower. The sales folks then came back with an offer of $239./mo, which included the interest rate of 5.9% for the financing with the period stretched to 75 months. I agreed to this and signed all paperwork accordingly, including the Sales Agreement/Contract. On Monday, July 24, I received a call from David Maus asking me to come in so I could resign the paperwork. Because, I was told, the financing company would not accept the 5.9% for 75 months @239./mo. They specified the interest rate for the financing had to be increased from 5.9% to 9.1%. I resigned all appropriate documents without protest. So, in the original negotiation, we agreed the price of $260. was too high. Accordingly, their next (and final offer) was for $239./mo.. I agreed to the deal based on what I was told would be the monthly payment. This all happened Saturday July 22nd. Now, anyway, I am stuck with a $260./mo. payment (which I did not and would not agree to.) If the sales people would have held firm on the $260./mo. cost I would not have bought the car. It seems to be unfair that the dealer can change the price AFTER I signed the original sales agreement. I expected to at least receive some compensation for this change, but none was offered by the dealer. I could have been uncooperative when asked to sign an updated sales agreement. In this case I would have turned the new car back in to the dealer. The dealer would then be stuck with a used car and ultimately would have lost several thousand dollars in value (since the car already had 620 miles on it) AND they would have lost the sale to me. I wish something could be done to make me feel less abused/taken advantage of.. Regards ... Alan 352-226-****
ID
Sanford, Florida
Service
David Maus Chevrolet Auto Loan
Pros
  • Big decision
  • Going through with a big deciion
Cons
  • Being tricked
Reason of review