Legacy Crossroads Apartments, bad management

Terrible place to live. I am tired of dodging the dog waste to get to my car. People throw cigarette butts and beer cans off their decks, so you better watch out. Loud music at all hours. Paper thin walls! Management doesn't care what goes on as long as they get their money that is their ONLY concern..... Oh and how could I forget about the car break-ins. All this for only $775 per month. The bugs are a free bonus! What a deal. I resent paying all this rent and having to endure these conditions. I am pissed.

Love this place. I have been a resident here since 2009.

The management really tries to take care of issues as they arise. Over the years I have had a few inconsiderate neighbours and the Managers have taken prompt action when required. The new Manager Kacey is professional and is more efficient than Tonya (who thankfully has left) The current team is excellent. I have noticed in the last few months that a few questionable individuals are beginning to move in and this worries me.

I only have one more year and then I am gone. For the most part, this is a lovely place to live.

Location is great and love the fact that I can walk to nearby stores! :)

Really bad place to live ( Criminal Apartment)

Bad Management, Does Nothing when the get Bad Tenants ( Criminal ) Record. how can you approved a criminal with more than 15 arrestation to live with, others and do Bad things to residents. be advised dangerous ( not safety Apartment)

i hate these apartments

I have stayed at quite a few college apartments and this place, expecting it to be nicer than old college apts, has the thinnest walls I have ever seen. I can hear the people above me walking (normal), the people beside me basically talking (not normal) they play the radio all day long and I can hear every word, the people adjacent so above and beside me talking and having a good time (not normal).

As for the pet issues I feel like I live in a kennel. They have zero bark policies and I have called animal control before because of a hound dog that houls at 2am. On top of that it is more pricey than most. Also with alot of new people moving in most look rough.

This place is and will continue to go downhill quick.

I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER lease from here again. College places with a hundred parties a night are more quiet than here.

I've been here since July 2009 and overall I've been very happy. Yeah it is a bit pricey, but my building is pretty quiet for the most part.

Occasionally my neighbor gets loud in the breezeway, but other than that you really only hear other people when doors are slammed. The staff has always promptly addressed any maintenance concerns and have never been anything but nice to me. Parking lots are well lit at night which makes walking to the fitness center safer.

I was unaware there were car break ins in the complex until a notice was sent around, but that happens everywhere. I've walked by and seen people leave GPS units and removable stereo faceplates in their cars.

Sorry but you get what you deserve for doing that. I'm planning on purchasing a house after my lease is up in July, but otherwise I'd renew unless something awful happens between now and then.

:( Comment ON CRossing@***g

Bad Manager, does nothing when you get bad tennants she does nothing ,she say her hands are tied call the police,this is just lazy but yet when I brought a kitten she said 250.00 now its on your lease,well loud noise is on the lease she say sorry its your problem

:cry I have a very serious problem the tenants upstair are from *** ,he and his family run from 2am until 5 am in the morning and pounding metal objects on the floor the ceililng just goes shaking, he claims its the 3 yr old ,it must be superman child, the manager does nothing ,I cannot afford to move now ,what can I do ,I have complain seven times and the manager does nothing , barbara

-a little pricey but well worth it for the location, newness & amenities (if you use them)

-There is a little problem with mold/mildew on the windows during the winter due to condensation, but should be expected with new windows.

-bills can be a little pricey as well, but hey, we are in Cary, not Raleigh.

-The recycling does get full pretty quickly, but I have notcied it has gotten better in the last month or so (at least that means alot of people are earth friendly:))

-I really only walk to/from my apartment to my car so I dont see alot of the pet issues, but I have seen letters in my door about it, so im sure it is a problem.

-the police car belongs to the courtesy officer, who lives here, and is proven by criminological studies to deter crime from happening in the first place. it doesnt mean that there is alot of crime, because once again we are in Cary.

I have lived here for almost 2 years and i have not had a single problem UNTIL...the *** people above me moved in!!! It sounds like they are constantly running marathons in their apartment. Leagacy has a 3 strike your out kind of noise violation policy, and so far the people above us have 2 (and thats with us being very patient and considerate). Upon the 3rd complaint they will be evicted, and I CANT wait for that day!!!! Overall, Legacy is a great place to be, and is not a "college apartment" environment. I have been very satisfied with all of the staff and the whole experience.

ERIN IS THE SWEETEST, AND THE APARTMENTS ARE AWESOME! THE TUBS ARE HUGE.....YOU DON'T GET THAT EVERYWHERE. AND, WE LIVE ACCROSS CROSSROADS, WALKING DISTANCE. THIS BLACK FRIDAY RESIDENTS CAN JUST WALK OVER TO BEST BUY.

THIS IS THE MOST CONVIENIENT LOCATION. APARTMENTS ARE GORGEOUS, HUGE AND CLEAN. I HAVE SEEN MAYBE ONE OR TWO BUGS. THE KITCHEN AND CABINETS ARE AWESOME.

AND THE STAFF SOMETIMES DONT CHARGE FOR REPLACEMENT OF THINGS WHEN THEY CAN.

SUPER NICE PEOPLE, TAKE CARE OF THEIR RESIDENTS.

I BELIEVE THEY LIKE ME.

I have lived at Legacy for close to two years. I am apauled at the amount I am paying for 3 people for water.

My bills are averaging close to $160 dollars a month. We each shower once a day and we make it a point to keep it about 5 minutes. In other words..get in and out. We run the dishwashe once a week and wash clothes maybe 4 loads a week and still get $160.

The town of Cary told me that each building is metered on ONE meter and not to individual apartments. That means less cost for management..to put one meter per building versus 12 or 18..(number of actual units)..then they divide the water bill up..So guess what..if your neighbor has a leak or leaves their water running and takes 30 minute luxury showers..YOU PAY FOR IT!!!

Im outts here when my lease is up! And YES..there is DOG *** everywhere!!!!

View more comments (19)