A1 All German Car - Quality decline at once reputable mechanic

The quality has fallen off considerably since the son took over. I was a long time customer, over 30 years. They knew me when I was expecting so I never expected the careless treatment my son and I received last year. We brought a car in, more than once, to be inspected for my son prior to purchase. They took forever and then gave a small list of what the car needed. Nothing urgent they said. We purchased the car. We had the car 2 days before the axle went and it had to be towed out of a parking space. Suddenly the car needed a power steering pump, wheel bearings, etc. The initial bill over $2000 not counting power steering pump and a few other things replaced a month later. The tires that were ok on recent inspection needed replacement or no inspection sticker. More repairs were needed. Ok it was a used car but why have a mechanic inspect it if he won't tell you these things. Then the crowning glory. The power steering pump that was supposedly replaced by A1 in June of 2016 leaked just out of warranty and the steering locked. I took the car to a very reputable shop that friends use. They said it must be replaced again. must have been a bad part. I fear to take it back to A1 after this mess. Friends of mine will not use them. We have been in the neighborhood most of our lives. We are very disappointed we really trusted them and considered them friends.
ID
New York, New York
Service
A1 All German Car Vehicle Inspection
Pros
  • Way it used to be years ago but no more
Cons
  • Poor communication
  • Quality declined treated old customer badly
  • Poor quality
Reason of review