DanceShoesStore - Horrible Returns Policy

Update by user Jul 30, 2017

After complaining about $15 restocking fee, they say they are going to waive it. But they indicate it will take 4 weeks to get a refund, which is much longer than industry standard of 5-7 business days.

They are continuing to charge $9 for reshipping, even though they will not provide a shipping label, and I have to go to the post office and pay my own money to ship it back. So this "reshipping" fee makes no sense.

Original review posted by user Jul 29, 2017
I would like to warn folks about ordering dance shoes from DanceShoesStore.com. I was not a very savvy consumer this time, so I am responsible for some stupidity. But here's the story: Upon ordering, I wrote in the special instructions section my concern that the shoes might be sized a bit big, and asked if an 8.5 women's would really be correct for me. I received no feedback. When the shoes arrived, they were WAY too big. Yet, they are pointed, and so I don't feel I can get a correct fit by going down half a size, because then my toes will be squished. So I need to return them. I'm finding out that to return them for a refund, I have to pay $15, PLUS I have to pay $9 for "reshipping", whatever that is, since I also have to go to the post office to pay at least $7 of my own shipping fee. I paid $34 for these shoes originally. And to get them, I had to pay almost $19 in shipping and handling. So let's do the math: I paid $53.91 to get the shoes, and to send them back, I will lose $31. My refund will be approximately $22. In other words, I will have lost 3/5 of the money I spent, and end up with nothing. This is not "safe buying" for consumers. It is highway robbery. It's shocking that these sorts of policies exist these days -- most retailers went to risk-free shopping decades ago. Do not buy from this company unless you are willing to lose over half your money if the shoes don't fit well -- which is always a risk when shopping online.
ID
Cons
  • Returns policy
Reason of review
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution