Jgs Beachside Rentals - NO PLACE TO STAY upon arrival; paid in full! JG nowhere to be found.

Poor communication leading up to the vacation date, so I became worried. I had seen good reviews of the resort, plus flipkey, etc.; however, "after" I paid in full, I dug up the HORRIBLE reviews of the rental company itself. I felt foolish but had already paid in full and was past the refund date. With this in mind, I shared my concerns (once I FINALLY reached John), and I was reassured repeatedly that my reservation was good to go. We drove 10 hours thru storms to arrive on 6/24/17 to find that he was nowhere to be found, would not answer texts or phone calls; the resort could not reach him and neither could his cleaning crew. There we were...6 of us parked in the parking lot next to a guard shack, with NOWHERE TO GO on a Saturday evening, during one of the busiest weeks of the year. The condo had not been cleaned; we had no access anyway. Come to find out, this had happened to others the same day. I filed a police report immediately. I worked tirelessly with my bank etc. to secure funds and make fraud complaints. The following business day, (Monday, today June 27th, 2017) a business associate of JG's called to inform me that JG had just been arrested, and was "on his way to booking." I was encouraged to make my way to the police station before we departed for home to sign some papers and file charges. I have been assigned an investigator who is handling the case but have not yet spoken to him. Now...for some "good news." Long Beach Resort was where we were to stay. The staff there was mortified that this had happened to us, but sadly, informed us that we were not the only ones, even before the day of our arrival. The property manager made some calls to friends in the area to find us a place to stay. A friend of his from iTrip Vacations, Whitney, has taken such good care of us - it has been so incredibly unbelievable how much she has done to accommodate us for a full week. I mean, TRULY take care of us! I have been in constant contact with Whitney since the debacle. There are indeed angels on earth, as Long Beach's property manager, and iTrip Vacation's Whitney saved our vacation. This is our last family vacation before daughter leaves for college and son leaves for the air force! "John" from JGs Beachside not only destroys family vacations; he also destroys memories (and wallets). I don't know what happens next regarding his business future, but should you run across an opportunity to rent from this company...RUN.
ID
Service
Jgs Beachside Rentals Long Beach Resort Condo Rental
Cons
  • Being completely scammed and left with nowhere to go
Reason of review