Verified Reviewer

Gillece Services - Very Expensive

Our sewer backed up 2 weeks before Christmas 2020. We called Gillece Services because they run a $99 special which is very good in that they will unclog your drain or you pay nothing. The salesman who is also a Plumber came out here and told my husband and I that the drain or trap was broken because he could not get his snake down the sewer. He told us that the job would cost $6500. We were very desperate for someone to fix it, but we are both senior citizens and no discount was extended. Looking over the web for the Pittsburgh area the average trap should only cost between $3000 and $5500 to fix. So, I feel that the job was expensive and the sewer is right out front next to the house. Therefore, there was no excess digging. We also had 4 feet by 5 feet wall section taken out and they wanted $1000 in addition to put it back up. It is apparent that they want a Plumber's rate to do a laborers job of clean up and building a wall. I was able to get a local person to rebuild the wall for $150- 200. The wall has not been completed yet, so I only have a range of no more than $200 for the wall. I believe Gillece Services has a very good system in getting the work done, but expensive and this is especially true for senior citizens and middle class people. We were just lucky that we could borrow the money from a bank. I hope Gillece will realize that times are hard and that we hope the drain gives us no further problems. I think they need to review their prices and hire some laborers. I do thank them for helping us and just wish it was less expensive.

User's recommendation: Call a couple of plumbers and compare prices before doing the work. Just ask over the phone how much or the range of what they would charge. Also, make sure you have financing. I also do not have any written warranty, so not sure about this.

ID
Service
Gillece Services Plumbing Service
Pros
  • Do have a good customer service and plumbers
  • Nice on phone
Cons
  • Price
Preferred solution
I think they should have senior citizen discounts.