Verified Reviewer

Stanley Steemer - Overcharging for service rendered and very high pressure "Up-selling"

Original review updated by user Dec 14, 2020
They were not even in my front door before they launched into the "up-selling". I thought the disinfectant (so-called) process and the Scotch Guard would be more intensive. These two processes took them about 5 minutes maximum total for both and cost me $286.00 for 60 square yards for virtually no product applied---literally only "spritzed on". What a joke. If anybody is reading this I am located in the S.W. part of Chicago (Beverly neighborhood)----don't use unless you are willing to say a loud "NO" to the extras. And they charged me for an area rug they did not clean. I would not let them clean it because I had a lot of stuff on it that I had cleared out from the room being cleaned.

User's recommendation: Do not use unless you completely resist the addition of disinfectant and Scotch-Guard. The actual cleaning (removal of dirt) was about a 7.5 out of 10.

ID
Service
Stanley Steemer Cleaning Service
Cons
  • Actual cost was 3 times higher the the quote
  • Disreputable and unethical business practice
Preferred solution