HomeAdvisor's reply to:

HomeAdvisor in not trustworthy

Hi Steve,
We see that your review was successfully posted. The pro in question stopped using our service some time ago, therefore your review will only be publicly viewable if the pro opens an account with our service again. If you would like to further discuss this matter with a rep, please reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com or the resources you have already been provided.
-HASupport
ID
Service
Homeadvisor Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service is bunk
  • Contractors pay to be listed on the site
  • Employees lie
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Update by user Jul 19, 2017

HomeAdvisor called several times. They sent an email saying they were going to post my review.

They have not posted my review. They are not trustworthy.

Original review posted by user Jun 17, 2017

I used the HomeAdvisor website to find a local contractor to build a garage. I entered into a contract with the contractor and gave them a $7000 deposit.

The contractor never built the garage and would not refund my deposit. After three years I still have not resolved this issue with the contractor. As for HomeAdvisor, I sent them my online review of this contractor just stating the facts with the same description above, and I received a reply stating they could not use my review and refused to respond to my contacts asking why they would not use my review.

All you have to realize is that these contractors pay HomeAdvisor to list their services and they apparently will not post negative reviews (maybe contractors pay extra to block negative reviews). Therefore I don't believe HomeAdvisor is trustworthy in representing consumer interests.

Summerlin Dental - Not to be trusted.

On April 15, 2015, Cortnie Sanchez dropped a sharp diamond tipped drill bit down my throat. She said she was sorry. After more than two weeks of the drill bit being lodged in my small intestine and over $8000 in medical bills, the drillbit passed through my system. I sent her my medical bills. She had me go through her insurance company. They offered to pay $287 for my claim. I said no thanks. I spoke with Courtney Sanchez and she refused to take responsibility and directed me back to her insurance company. After more than two years, I can't find anyone to help me recover my financial losses.
ID
Las Vegas, Nevada
Service
Summerlin Dental Dental Crown Service
Cons
  • Being physically injured
Reason of review