Resolved: MarcNY - The Marc Discriminates Against Tenants with Cancer

Update by user Mar 09, 2018

This complaint has been retracted by the Original Poster.

Original review posted by user Jun 02, 2017
I've been renting from The Marc in MidTown NYC since 2016. I am fully paid, have auto-payments setup, and have never been late on a rental payment. After a long battle with cancer, including multiple surgeries, chemotherapy, radiation, and years of continued treatment and therapy I require the assistance of a Service Animal to help with my mobility. My Service Animal is registered with both the City and State of New York. He has a Service Animal tag issued by the City of New York. Despite the fact that it is illegal to discriminate against tenants based on a disability, they property management company (Columbus Property Management) is threatening me with "legal action" and they are refusing to accept my rent. All because this DOG FRIENDLY building doesn't want me to have a trained and registered Service Dog! If they're willing to do this to me--some protected by multiple pieces of legislation including the Fair Housing Act Amendment and the Americans with Disabilities Act--then just imagine how they'll treat you! RENTER BEWARE: Rent anywhere but at The Marc.
Resolved
ID
New York, New York
Cons
  • Discrimination
  • Michelle szeneitas
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Retract your threats of "legal action" and allow me to pay rent and live peacefully.

Resolved: Columbus Property Management - *** LANDLORD: The Marc Takes Pics of Tenants

Columbus Property Management - *** LANDLORD: The Marc Takes Pics of Tenants
I received an email from Michelle Szeneitas, the property manager for The Marc, with a picture of me that she took while I was walking my Service Dog up to my apartment. Talk about *** I had no idea she was taking photos of me or distributing them to people. It's really *** and I'm 99% sure it's not legal, especially since I have a disability and am protected under both the Fair Housing Act Amendment (FHAA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). I emailed Columbus Property Management's CEO, Alfredo De La Peña, but haven't heard back from him. Michelle Szeneitas did get back to me to let me know I'd hear from their lawyers, which sounds like discrimination and retaliation against a disabled person who has always paid rent on time.
Resolved
ID
New York, New York
Cons
  • Michelle szeneitas
  • Harassment
  • Lies
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
I would like employees to stop harassing me because of my disability including: Stop taking pictures of me. Accept my rent payment. Stop threatening me with "legal action" and allow me to peacefully reside at The Marc as I have been doing for five months.