WORST WORKMANSHIP !!! DON'T BUY ONE

Keystone RV #1713411
I totally agree with you! I'm hoping more like you start paying more attention before they buy a new RV. Lots of junk out there. Maybe if everyone out there refused to do any purchases for next 2-3 years, then the RV manufactures out there might??? cleanup their act and start manufacturing a decent product!

Thor Industries #1713407
I purchased a new Jayco Eagle 321 RSTS, and the cold water line under the sink was loose - I hand tightened it 2.5 turns- on the first outing? Small water drops behind the shower wall ? The removable spray tap also leaked at my kitchen sink> All junk plastic parts and fittings. My service manager replaced the tap, and water line with a stainless steel line at my request. So where is Jayco's so called quality built? Build them in 1 day! Pure junk!

Thor Industries #1713405
Unfortunately the govt. cares less. Remember you have Trump in power and he is a waste of tax payers dollars !
0 1

Thor Industries #1713403
I brought up this a few years ago, regarding Thor Industries owning majority of the industry. As for law suits against these companies? Good Luck! My only suggestion is if you are planning on doing any purchase do a on line search and avoid buying any RV manufactured by them! My suggestion is go with Grand Designs. I own a Jayco and had 19 issues in the first year. 2 years later it appears to be fixed, BUT.... My concerns are now with the slides, and the dealership installed one slide topper awning 3/8" too low and the aluminium cover hangs up and will cause issues. Unfortunately, its off warranty and the dealerships don't care, as they have your money. Do a search before you buy and avoid any product manufactured by Thor Industries! Remember you were told.
comment to review:

Abysmal quality control at Thor - don't buy!

Thor Motor Coach #1525328
I purchased a Jayco Eagle 321 RSTS and its pure junk! I have numerous postings on this site, but what I would like to point out is- if you do a search on how many Rv companies THOR INDUSTRIES owns, you will find 17 companies. I suggest everyone researches their future purchases and "DO NOT BUY ANY OF THESE UNITS'! Again 17 companies- Don't buy any and hopefully they will go broke!

Buyer's be ware

Jayco #1462668
JUST ANOTHER "QUALITY BUILD BY JAYCO'! PURE JUNK! Check out You Tubes 7 hr build on a Jayco trailer. What a joke! Quality, Omish built! I had mine flood out on my first outing. I gave my wife do do over splashing water around or having a bath in the sink! LOL! turns out the water line under the sink was hand tightened only from factory, and worse yet my dealership never tested or inspected it prior to leaving the dealership. NO QUALITY, NO SERVICE!" JUST QUICK BUILD, SELL AND THEN ITS YOUR PROBLEM. I just looked a Grand Design and there is a company that puts 100% quality in there RV's.
comment to review:

Quality is not a Jayco feature

Jayco #1462664
Now you got me started! No surprise with Jayco! Just another quality build as they say in their brochure? So what is Jayco's excuse for *** builds? The OMISH ran out of plastic clips to secure the wiring, or what about the flex plastic that you can secure and hide it all in? Again no regulation, NO one to inspect the quality of the builds. I am glad people are posting this, as I am waiting for the day that Jayco goes under! Unfortunately," everyone out there before they buy" MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOY BUYING ANYTHING FROM THORE INDUSTRIES, AS THEY OWN MOST OF THE MANUFACTURING RC COMPANIES OUT THERE! BUY ELSEWHERE! AGAIN, BUY A JAYCO, YOU BOUGHYOURSELF JUNK!

What a piece of ***!

Thor Industries #1433155
I'm wandering if its a problem with the plumbing underneath- connections/elbows, the way it was built. It was to much work for the RV dealer to remove the under side protector and insulation to repair it! Pretty bad. I purchased a Jayco Eagle and 2 months later was diagnosed with prostate cancer, so I totally understand. After years of hard work, and finally fulfilling a retirement dream, and then getting stuck with a major headache. I am looking into a Grand Design Solitude, they look far better built and solid. Quality is far better. Nothing can be more disappointing than issues like yours or others who had slides, virtually falling off their Jaycos, or getting stuck and cannot retract them or local dealerships, won't fix it because you did not buy from them! ??

Quality Control Sucks

Thor Industries #1433153
I totally agree with the previous comment on impulse buying! Best advice- take your time and research reviews on the product your are interested in purchasing. These are major purchases and Thor is buying up all the rRV companies these days. The only care about building them quick and pushing them out the door. I impulse bought a 2017 Jayco Eagle and had 19 issues with it. Only used it for 5 months, its in the shop for 4 months. So BEST ADVICE- look over the quality of the build and DO"T get caught up in all the nice features of the unit. For example: How many people take the time to grab a flashlight and look under the storage at things like huge plywood gaps in the 5/8" flooring? I never did until i noticed the floor squeaking- flooring was not screwed down in one area, in the hallway to the bathroom it separated as well. Upon closer inspection from my propane tank access, I noticed the plywood was virtually thrown down and then screwed, or lack of screws. My RV dealer was shocked! So much for Jayco's Best in the Industry manufacturing. Again, Thor Industries purchased Jayco I owned a Thor prior, and had continuous water leaks from end to end of the unit. It was full of mil...

Camping World of Houston - BEWARE OF THESE *** ARTISTS

Camping World #1430288
I posted my review on Googles website- reviews! The dealerships never post negative reviews, only the good ones. Example: Haylett Rv and Josh the RV Nerd videos are often ignorant comments! I posted a comment requiring proof on which RV manufacturer has today a 36" insulation and R-52 insulation values?? Really! How do you get 36" insulation into a 9" -10" maximum space if that, when you have AC ducting and have to allow air space as well? Josh to this day has not provide the information to me or to the people who think his videos are great? He is full of *** yet some people think he is the greatest? I have done personal walk throughs with friends and pointed out major flaws with today's rv's and pointed out the quality as well! "NO trash talk, (of other manufacturers) But the truth!" So don't always believe in what Josh the RV nerd says !! My advice is walk through numerous rv dealers inventory, and pay extremely close attention to the quality of the product and the Build as well. We often get our selves into trouble at looking at all the great features, never to quality! You could be saving yourself a $50,000 to $80,000 headache! If your a first time buyer? Take an experienced friend to point out those good and bad features! All the best in RV hunting!

Camping World of Houston - BEWARE OF THESE *** ARTISTS

Camping World #1430278
Stay away from any product made by Thor. I had one and I had major water leaks all the time. I carried a few tubes of silicone in my 5th wheel all the time. Unfortunately, Thor is buying up a lot of Rv companies these days. Gone are the days of quality builds, so check out the reviews on the net! Whether its your RV dealer or what others are saying about the product! You could be saving yourself a major headache and avoid being stuck with junk!

2017 Jayco Eagle 321 RSTS- major issues

Jayco #1430277
Update: Front cap that was damaged by RV dealer has been replaced $5000-$6000 replacement. Back warped frameless window has been replaced. Plywood was covered over with another sheet to hide the gaps from future buyers! RV dealers quick fix. I will fix the squeaking floor myself- the 3 ft by 4 ft. area in front of bed and dresser. The pantry with the huge 3/8 gap was somewhat repaired. Cosmetically looks better, but the gap got shifted to the fireplace side, which fit perfectly before! Interesting that the huge gaps are common on majority of Rv dealer websites? Panels were coming apart on both sides of pantry- quick fixed with many staples! Had the techs. cover them up with a thin moulding, stain and putty! Should work, until I can sell it! The 1/4" hump in the bathroom, from the plywood not installed from factory? Well the rv supervisor said I have 1 more year warranty on it? I guess tearing the whole bathroom apart is too big a job! I guess he is hoping I will sell it and it leaves the province, so they don't have to deal with it . Just a few of the major issues finally repaired. Not sure if I am going to deal with a flood, under my island again? Bought a roll of teflon tape and have a Jayco Emergency repair kit made up already! Keep you posted- Season #2.
comment to review:

Don't want to take responsibility for their own action

Jayco #1430261
That is brutal! Jayco needs to stand up and be accountable for the quality of their products! I had an issue with my brand new awning with a 3/16" hole in it and the LED light strip had major waves it. Apparently Jayco said Dometic had to warranty the replacement. So it was replaced eventually! No such thing as quality builds these days. I guess I will be carrying a small tarp and a roll of duct tape with me in my travels ! I heard other complaints with AC units leaking, and major damage, due to poor quality roof seals. Good luck! Jayco, should take it back and give you a new unit or your money back!
comment to review:

Jayco- Buy a Jayco and you bought yourself a major headache!

Jayco #1428420
Followup: So after posting a "Nasty review and being ignored for 2 months!", my local dealership took responsibility and replaced the front cap with a new one and not repaired it. ($5000-$6000 repair job!) The flooring issue?? They cut some 2x2's and referced the separated plywood joints? the huge plywood gaps and covered up with plywood from the underside? the bathroom hump is untouched and was told by the supervisor I have till next year? Seriously, where has our RV industry gone to? Mass produce them, sell them and then your stuck with the headaches and junk! Check out the You Tube video on Jayco's 7 hr. trailer build? After watching that video, you will stay away from all Jayco's! My new 2017 Jayco Eagle had 19 issues, I checked in today after 3 months, 1/2 have been repaired, the other 1/2 have been missed! Finally a new frameless back window- last one had 8" on daylight between the glass and seal. The main awning was finally replaced- had a 3/16" hole and the LED light strip had waves in it? As per the service rep. this is common on the Jayco's! He said they have replaced a lot already. How difficult can it be to run a straight line? Also said that their cheap plast...

HAYLETT RV COLDWATER, MI

Haylett Auto And Rv #1412250
Stay away from this RV dealer! Anyone that presents himself in that manner should not be doing sales for the dealership! This company is strictly interested in sales only! Once they have your money, they don't care anymore! Josh who does videos for them should be promoting business, but is tarnishing his own reputation, by making stupid comments!
3 1
comment to review:

Major safety issue and poor customer service

Haylett Auto And Rv #1412246
Josh from Haylett rv, that does a lot of their reviews has a lot in inaccurate information on his videos. He is a big trash talker! Anyone who post comments that says there is 36" on insulation in a roof, has some very serious issues! Avoid this company! Not sure why they would have a goof like him do videos for them!
2 6
1 reply
what he said was companies are claiming r values that would require feet of insulation and that those values are ridiculous. you either misunderstood or are deliberately twisting what was said.

2015 Jayco Pinnacle Rv Review from Brooklyn, New York

Jayco #1412031
Drilling won't stop a crack, due to a poor quality design and weak frame! Look at how much clearance between the slide opening and the hidden frame? if you were to examine it closely you would find the problem is a major design issue ! Jayco or Thor Industries build these thing, so fast, that no quality control happens at the factory! That is why I am going with a Grand Design!- 10-12" frames, not 8" frames. My Jayco 321 RSTS looks like the back end is sagging already? In a year or 2, I would not be surprised if I start getting cracking in the side panels.

2015 Jayco Pinnacle Rv Review from Brooklyn, New York

Jayco #1381232
I'm wandering if it's a major design issue and poor support with the slide. Not a lot of support under that slide and probably a fairly heavy unit as well. I'm not impressed with the cheap frames on the Jayco's. I have a 2017 Jayco and it looks like the back portion of my 5th wheel is sagging. Too light weight of frames- 8" 9". It is almost 38 ft. in length. I checked out a Solitude by Grand Design and they have nice heavy frames. I think its purely design in your case, lack of support, too light of frame material maybe lack of angle supports on the hitch. Mine is going in for a full front end cap to be replaced, so I will check out the frame when the cap gets pulled off, as to how solid they were constructed. I am seeing some small bulges in the lower fibreglass panels. I think the manufacturer is trying to save on weight and they go with lighter gauge of steel and a lot of aluminium, is used as well for the floor. Mine has been a headache from day one, going with The Grand Design Solitude! Better built for the extra money, better warranty! Quality product.
3 0
comment to review:

Pass on Jayco, you've been warned.

Jayco #1381220
Totally agree with you! I had my new Jayco Eagle 321 RSTS for 5 months now and first time out, the underside of sink shelf was flooded out. I checked the connection, and had to hand tighten it 2.5 turns. Thought it should be tight and continued leaking. Talked to sales manager about water leak issues and he said that it is a common problem with the cheap plastic fittings they use. They replaced the water lines with the steel braided one, and never had an issue after that. Part of the problem is, that the lines are not tightened properly from the factory. I have a small trace starting to show up from the back of my shower fittings as well. So appears that now will have to be replaced as well. As for my fridge it works great so far. I'm concerned over the AC unit on the roof, and potential water entry. Not keen on the quality of the gasket they use to seal the AC unit to the roof.

Thor Industries #1378197
I share the same grief as the rest of you! But another way of getting more attention, is post your nasty reviews on your dealerships website as well! I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I vow to see Thore industries go under as well as my dealership! There is no accountability these days. Thore is buying out a lot of RV manufacture company's. The best way is to educate "ALL potential future RV purchasers, little by little Thore's sales will drop! I own a brand new Jayco with major issues. Short story, when things get repaired?? I will be selling my Jayco junk! I talked to a dealership that had said, that they are considering, dropping the Jayco line, built by Thore Industries! Tell your friends! I told probably 200 Rv'ers already! Going to make it my mission, till Thore closes it doors!
5 0
3 replies
KZ are junk too. Not even 2 years after buying a brand new trailer, I started having problems with the side of the trailer due to a manufacturers defect. Buyer beware do not buy KZ as they do not stand by their junky and dangerous products.

2016 JAYCO 317RLOK BUYER BEWARE

Jayco #1345178
My last one was made by Thor and I see they bought out Jayco? Was a water trap. I carried tubes of silicone with me at all times! Every edwindow, access panel- exterior boot access, propane storage tank, access seeped water. I had to remove a lot of linoleum to dry out the delaminated plywood. Back window: panelling - had to totally remove it and replace. Water line sprung a leak under sink. Had to virtually- gut, 1/4 of trailer! It was full of mildew and black mould. Finally sold it and bought a Jayco! Just another headache! Built by Thor.

2016 JAYCO 317RLOK BUYER BEWARE

Jayco #1345174
I ageee with you 100%! Jayco is absolute junk! Nice looking on the outside! Nice plan, BUT- the quality of the build is junk! So much for quality! Just a few issues with mine: main door , you can see daylight at bottom, frame was damaged and installed- new at factory? Screen door is warped. Can see daylight 1/2 way down and across the bottom. Small bugs can get in. Back frameless window: can see 8" of daylight from inside. Quality build! Pantry door has 3/8" gap to 1/8" on top. Have 4 plywood floor squeaks. One which runs under the shower?? The whole bathroom needs to be torn apart. One in front of the bed and dresser, forgot to screw plywood down? Slide with dinette and theatre seats: when fully retracted,- 3/4" gap at top to nothing on bottom. Seal is jamming up? Bottom support bracket was not welded 90 degrees square. 3/8" piece of valance missing - torn out. Staples not filled in on trims. Panelling is delaminating on pantry and closets. Less than 4 months old only! Towed out to our acreage 85 Kms. Our retirements investment- $73,000 - poorly constructed by Omish! So much for Jayco's best on the business and best in quality? Yes- all BS! Save yourself a the grief- "Don't buy a Jayco!"
1 reply
I'm curious here. You have all of these issues, and especially with the screen door and the back window that you said you could see 8" of daylight from inside. Before you even bought the camper and did a walkthrough to look at it, why didn't you check the windows / doors, etc out? These and all the other issues you are reporting would have been easy to spot by a simple walk through.

Jayco - Eagle Travel Trailer Review from Holly, Michigan

Jayco #1344754
Pretty sad that there is no regulations that allow RV company's like Jayco to get away with "Junk- builds"! I just discovered my linoleum has jumped up 1/2" and about 7" long, by the corner of the dinette/theatre chair slide. Paneling on steps to bath/ hallway, staples let loose. Floor sheeting- squeaks now 4 feet down from other plywood joint. Discovered a 3-16" hole in awning. 3/8" of valance damaged- piece missing. Currently at 11 defiencies. Less than 4 months sine I purchased my Jayco Eagle 321RSTS. RV Dealership told me to wait till winter for warranty repairs? Save yourself the grief! Don't buy a Jayco! Absolute junk!

Poor workmanship

Jayco #1337162
Very disappointing that one has to deal with such issues, due to quick mass production, and that no quality control is taking place at the production plant. These units are being shipped out and no PDI's being done? Worse yet is my dealership failed to pick up on major issues as well? BEST ADVICE: I can give is stay away from Jayco! I spent $76,000 on my new 321 RSTS and have 9 issues already. Moved it 65 kms and parked at my acreage, retracted the 3 slides and discovered major issues! (See my review) worse is I have to wait till winter for service, as my local Dealership is too busy selling units and has no time to service it? They take your money, then you have to wait for service for 6-7 months- till winter? MORE ADVICE: When purchasing a new unit, keep in mind the construction end of the unit, look for squeaks in floor (plywood not screwed down), humps in the floor, where the plywood has not been seated (tongue and groove). major issues in my trailer, and whole unit was built over it, now how does dealership plan to fix it?? Tear the whole bathroom apart, can just imagine the damages afterwards! check pantry door gaps, delamitation on pantry panelling and trims loose already...

Lemon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jayco #1333975
Tom, check out the Montana's by Keystone. I wish I never changed my mind and bout a Jayco! Junk!
comment to review:

BEFORE BUYING A JAYCO PLEASE READ THIS !

Jayco #1333971
Glad that there is sites like this to offer good advice to potentials customers! I nearly bought a Montana by Keystone! Sorry I didn't. Jayco has a nice exterior, but the quality of the build is junk! I have at least 9 issues, worst is plywood separations and squeaks in the flooring. Less than 2 weeks old! Contacted my dealer and waiting for a response! Best advice I can give to any potential Jayco buyer, look closely at everything in detail, you will be shocked to find a lot of poor quality workmanship!
3 0
comment to review:

Fenders broke off during travel

Jayco #1333968
I noticed mine when I brought it home, gently bent the brackets in. They looked like airplane wings! LOL! Another fine quality build by the Amish! Yes they should have replaced them and spared damaging their reputation!