Star Furniture - Unprofessional and Irresponsible

I bought a furniture item from Star Furniture. Before delivery, the deliveryman called to say they will delay the deliver from morning to afternoon. In the afternoon delivery period, the furniture item did not arrive. I called the customer hotline and there was no proper answer. Told will arrive 20mins after the call. Still did not arrive, and they said will arrive after another 20 mins. All in all the delivery man came 60mins after my repeated calls. Worse still - the delivery man did not place the cardboard under the furniture item (like any trained delivery man would) and dragged the item on my parquet. My floor was scratched and dented. Even worse still - all of a sudden, the deliveryman came into my house with a camera and dash to my third floor trying to take a photo. I am ok with a photoshoot but not without my permission? Must worse still - I got angry with the disrespect in my home and told the deliveyr people to leave. They refused even when I threatened to call the police. So this sums up the experience with the irresponsible Star Furniture ordeal I went through : - Late delivery and no notice - Repeated assurance and retiming from service staff not honoured - Irresponsible damage to your home property - Trying to infringe your privacy and take photo in your house without your permission. - Refuse to leave your premises even after repeated calls (its like forced entry) I am certainly not buying from Star Furniture anymore. THe factual account of my ill experience is listed for your consideration of how Singaporeans should not be treated by any service provider.

Let me tell a story of mine. I will never buy anything from Star Furniture due to followings:

1. Bad Attitude

2. Irresponsible Management

3. Delivery

Bad Attitude

Right after purchasing my flat, happened to pass by one Star Furniture store, and knew that’s the last day of promotion.

We were quite hesitating to buy a set of bed frame and two side tables, coz we haven’t viewed other stores yet. But the sales kept saying that’s the last day, and the price will sure higher later, so we decided to buy it, in a hurry.

However, one week after, we knew the price still the same. That’s okay, let’s forget it.

Then I measured my house, found two side tables are too big for the room, so called the sales to see whether can get one table returned.

The sales refused, and when I asked why he bluffed it’s the last day promotion, he lost his temper, shouting on the line: “Did I force you to buy? Did I? did I? ”.

Gosh, never experienced like that, I complained to the customer service.

Irresponsible Management

The operator accepted my complaint, and promised the management will look into it, and call me back two working days after.

However, one week after, I didn’t get any call from Star Furniture.

I then called back to check, and finally a manager called me back, said the sales got warning letter.

Delivery

I’m really fed up. I’ve booked the furniture more than one month ago, and confirmed the date of delivery. Just now they called me, said no goods available, have to postpone the delivery to two weeks later.

I don’t think they can survive long if they continue making the mistakes.

Product
Star Furniture Account

Star Furniture Singapore - Non delivery of items

I bought a furniture item from thius company on full payment cash terms with delivery. The item was supposed to be delivered on x date in the morning. Just before the delivery, I received a call that the item will be delivered in the afternoon. At past the afternoon delivery timing, and with no one informing me why the item is still not delivered, I called the customer service hotline of the company. - A very green sounding service staff answered the call and after some checking she said that the delivery will be delayed by a further 20mins. I told her my unhappiness about not having been informed and the company;s irresponsibility in not sticking to delivery timings. The staff chuckled and I was seriously offended. - 20mins past the very delayed timing, the item was still not delivered. I called the sales person outline to let them know what happened and that I would not buy the subsequent items I thought of buying from the company. But there was no answer from the sales staff on what happened and when the delivery can be done. - I called the service hotline again and was routed to the customer service supervisor. THe person sounds rude and should be trained in service. I asked to speak to her supervisor and was told that all persons more senior than her are not around and can not be contacted. so now.... hours after the promised date for a fully paid item, the furniture is still not here, and no responsible word from Star Furniture. Please take note and think twice before buying anything from Star Furniture.

Things are even worse than I though

1. Just now (two hours after I thought the Star Furniture staff left), another Star Furniture staff appeared within my built in compound. ie he past the main gate where my garden area is.

2. I asked him how he got in, he said his other colleague is still in my compound and press my main gate to let him in.

This is basically illegal entry into my house by the Star Furniture staff. The first staff is illegally staying in my compound with my neighbours now all aware of Star Furniture's unprofessional behavior.

My god - its really unsafe to deal with such people. Now I fear for my family's safety and I just called Star Furniture. They have not reverted.

Please take special note of my experience before even stepping into Star Furniture again.

An update to my ill experience at Star Furniture

I bought a furniture item from Star Furniture.

- Late delivery and no notice

- Repeated assurance and retiming from service staff not honoured

- Irresponsible damage to your home property

View more comments (1)
Loss

Terrible Management at Kindergolf AMK Hub - No care for students (Negative Review)

My child was enrolled in a preschool level golf programme Kindergolf in Singapore (AMK Hub branch). In Dec, we were told by the school teacher that the franchiser had broken into the school and forcibly taken over the school (I did not know that this can happen in Singapore). As a result, the franchisee can no longer assess the school and continue lessons. On the same day of the "break-in" to the school, the Kindergolf owner and franchiser called me (and other parents). I was told that they could not confirm when lesons would continue and that they will get back to me quickly. A month passed and there was silence. In Jan, a lady called Catherine claiming to be a customer service staff from Kindergolf said they can resume lessons. I questioned about the lesson days but she cannot confirm. The school has no records of my child's development. They also requested for me to waste my money and time with another assessment session when its clearly the fault of their aggressive business takeover that caused us parents grief. My child had a long break in lessons, change of teachers (and with credentials unknown to me), unknown time, loss of child's training records and level, loss of time and money... all because a business operator such as Kindergolf chose to pursue an aggressive possession of the business of their own franchisee. In fact I do love the franchisee's staff and service which contrary does not reflect in the parent Kindergolf organisation. I am writing this because I regard the way (I as a customer) Kindergolf treats its customer to be akin to trash. I am writing this because they were supposed to get back to me but can't. I am writing this because they now owe me money as I deem it a breach acceptable levels of services which should be provided (ie they should refund me).
Loss
Dishonest Maid Agency in Singapore Kovan Area. You may do a search on his various cheating events. Recently an advertisement website by Anthony Manpower which had many customer complaints could not be accessed for awhile. To minimise other consumers being cheated,...

Beware of Koosh employment agency!! They practise scam to multiply customers over with replacement fees!

They post a terribly wrong match and then are quickly happy to do a replacement even before the maid is taken home because requirements don't match ! However you end up coughing extra for documentation for second placement.. Also the next maid becomes final placement! Again, koosh don't disclose correct information to the next maid and are forced to commit with an unsuitable employer..

When maids are unable to adjust because of the bad match, employers are asked to cough up full sum all over again!

They are cheaters.. Don't trust koosh employment agency!

View more comments
Service
Manpower Customer Care
$2000
The owner of Anthony Manpower and Employment Agency (Anthony) oversells before a customer signs on the line. Ultimately, the maids do not match what he promised (and said he personally interviewed) in terms of verbal ability and other work attitude areas. These are...

www.rapidmaid.com maid agency cheating agent Kasim changed his website name to www.rapidfire.netmaid.com.sg

View more comments