Advanced Reviewer

Covington County Hospital - Incompetence/rudeness in my health care at Seminary Health Care in Seminary, Mississippi 39428

Update by user Aug 12, 2020

Covington County, Mississippi for clarification of Covington County Hospital System, locate din Collins, Mississippi, 39428.

Original review posted by user Aug 12, 2020
I went to see James Shivers (Nurse practitioner), at Seminary Health Care (part of the Covington COunty, Mississippi Hospital System), located in Seminary, MS, (104 West Main Street, Seminary, MS 39479, ,or PO Box, 1149, 701 South Holly Avenue, Collins, MS 39428), and I have a chronic wheezing problem, along with mucus build up, trying to cough it up since October 2019, but I have been seeing him for treatment since March of 2020. I have gone through 20 days of the antibiotic "Bactrim", and 5 days of the antibiotic, Azithromycin to no avail. Now, I received a letter (see attachments), that says he no longer wants to provide care cause "it didn't work out", and I have no idea what he is talking about? But, the care I was receiving was the worst health care I have ever received, except from one other health care provider. (There is a lot of incompetence in our society these days). I guess they got their so- called "medical degrees"/"nursing degrees", from a convenience store". I was supposed to be treated for Chronic Rhinitis", chronic Wheezing, coughing up phlegm, "ashma". Went through 20 days of Bactrim, come to find out non of that worked, I had pneumonia, so the nurse practitioner (Jame shivers), didn't know too much about what he was doing. THe nurse who worked with him, was rude. I called her and ask her if she could contact him to see if he could call me in some medicine as it was getting worse, and she said, "I don't bother him on his day off". So I decided to look for another healthcare provider, and I found another "doctor", I see in October. My condition was so bad, I have an appointment with a lung doctor september 14. So I am exercising my right as an american consumer and submitting this "negative review", to help others avoid unnecessary spending of money, to go there, you'd be wasting your money, throwing it out the window. I have included in this review copies of letter I sent him, and the letter I received from him, along with part of my medical record that shows, they cannot even tell what gender I am, even by looking at me, I mean I Have been a male gender for 62 years, lollll. Now, if they can't look at you and tell if you are a man or woman, (under normal conditions), there is something wrong with that. They also had in my medical record that I drank 6 alcohol drinks a day, more than that in a week, (I don't even drink alcohol). when I ask them why they have "incorrect information in my medical record", , the reply was, "They do everybody like that", I said "wow", what if wrong information like that in a patients medical record interferes with insurance claims, etc? I never told the nurse who ask me a few questions on my first day there in march, 2020 that I drank alcohol everyday? She asked me quote, "have I had any alcohol to drink this year"? and I told her, :yes, I had a little wine in a shot glass on passover in April". That was all I said, lollll.

User's recommendation: Do not use the healthcare provider mentioned in this review.

#2087246

This patient sounds like an *** and someone who was difficult from the moment they walked through the door.

Covington County Hospital Medical Care
Cons
  • Bad healthcare provider

Update by user Aug 09, 2020

It is Keith Chevron In Seminary, Mississippi on US Highway 49 north, for clarification.

Original review posted by user Aug 09, 2020
I stopped at Keith Superstore address being; 2078 Highway 49 Seminary, MS, 39479, and as I always do, I fille dup my vehicle and paid at the pump. Also, as I have done several times in the past, I had to walk inside store to obtain a receipt, when the customer is suppose to get a receipt "at the pump", when through filling up. I have informed the clerk there, (even the store manager ), on several occasions, that the pump is not giving people receipts (even though it ask if you "do you want a receipt at the pump"). The pumps are relatively "NEW", (SEE PHOTOS). The purpose of getting a receipt at the pump is so the customer does not have to go inside unnecessarily, I reminded the manager of that as well on several stops in the past to no avail. (She always says, well, "I'll tell the owners", or "we don't service the pumps"). I Guess she lied or the owners don't care too much about advancing their business, or about the customers. Getting the receipt at the pump is suppose to be a "convenience", that why they are called a "Convenience store", or convenience stop "superstore"

User's recommendation: I wouldn't remommend stopping there at Seminary, Missisisppi Keiths and getting gas at pump, if yuo're expecting a reciept given to you at the pump, (even though the pumps are new).

Keiths Superstore Cashier
Pros
  • Gas
  • Fluids
  • Oils

Update by user Mar 14, 2020

Maybe the staff/doctor got upset cause I enquired about the new blood pressure meds he prescribed to me, I think it was recalled by the FDA (see screenshot). We live in a twisted /perverted society and people will make up all kind of things, say all kind of negative things about a person if they get mad at you, even make up lies, fabricate statements, etc.lolllll.

I Know I Haven't done anything to his staff. BUt as a consumer, I Have the right to question his methods, the medicine he prescribes me, and the right to file negative reviews if need be. But, for his inf, Doctors are a dime a dozen and there are more doctors here in the community where I live, he is not the only one.I remember he wanted me sometime ago, about 7 months ago to go to a sleep center and get tested for insomnia, but I told him "I don't have any problems sleeping", so they called me anyway and set up an appointment and I told the staff nurse, whoever it was, that "I did not need an appointment cause I do not have any sleeping problems".

I also told her that, "that would be a waste of insurance money to have a procedure that I don't medically need". She acted like she got mad on the phone with me, wow, lolll wah a society we live in.

Update by user Mar 13, 2020

Dr Bobby Jones works out of The Family Clinic of Seminary, MS , part of Hattiesburg Clinic of Hattiesburg, Mississippi.

Original review posted by user Mar 13, 2020
I went to the doctor on March 2, 2020, for a routine check up and the doctor changes my blood pressure medicine because I told him ever since he upped my dosage of blood pressure medicine I was having a dry cough a lot, and I was having mucus problems for 6 months. Anyway, he changed the brand to another type and so far it has been doing real well. I have been having problems with swallowing a little bit the staff made an appointment for me to see a Stomach and throat doctor, which I called and cancelled because I have to have someone go with me (Because they put you under when they do an endoscopy). Well, my brother is going to go with me, but he had a procedure himself, so I have to wait till he is well enough to go with me, so he can drive. Well, yesterday, March. 12, I received a letter from the doctor stating he no longer wanted to be my physician and in 30 days he would no longer be my physician. He gave a "vague reason", said I had a"relationship problem with his staff", and I can't think of anything I have done but cancelled the appointment(s) until another time. I have encountered rude staff there in the past, not all of them are rude just a few and if I was him, I would want my staff to be more patient friendly. Most of the women (all women), in the front office looks to be very young, maybe just out of college, so maybe they need to take a course in public relations, lolll. Anyway, I Have done nothing to his staff and if they say I have other than cancel an appointment a couple of times, then they would be telling a flat out lie. So he has a right to refuse service to anyone in this land of capitalism, and I also have a right to submit reviews regarding his business, the way I was treated, and the quality of service. I have waited there as high as an hour before being seen, and when you call to cancel an appointment (it is my right to do so as a consumer), then they act like they are perturbed about it. The doctor prescribed me some blood pressure medicine that one batch of it the FDA recalled in 2018, Valsartan. I called about that, and they seem to get angry when I asked them about that, I even sent a screenshot of the article from WEB MD website. Someone from the doctors' office called me back and told me that that was part of another Lott that was recalled and the drug stores responsibility, not the doctors fault. But in that phone call there was civility, so I don't know what he is talking about, the allegation is vague. YOU can read the letter in here. SO in response, I wrote him a letter back (See photo copy), acknowledging his letter and it was certified and the letter I sent to him was certified as well, and I sent it out this morning from post office.

User's recommendation: check out other cinics in the area, there are better ones and more staff are more competent.

District 5, Mississippi
Hattiesburg Clinic Doctor
Pros
  • Cost
Cons
  • Not patient friendly
  • Rude staff
  • Wait a long time
Apology

Us Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - Don't bother filing a complaint

I filed a age discrimination complaint against the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce on November 2018, and the investigation was biased and was not thorough, even though I sent the field investigator (Jones), from the Mississippi Field Office of EEOC, all the relevant evidence to show that the agency did discriminate against me in the hiring process. The investigation was over by the end of July, 2019. The investigator and I talked and sent emails over the course of the so-called, "Investigation", but the respondents sent fabricated statements about me that were not true and, I had disagreed with the investigator and his supervisor about some things, and it was at that point that it seemed the investigation was halted, slowed down quite a bit cause I never heard from them for a long time in between the disagreement and the closing of the case. It was case #423-201*-00299. The Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce did hire a guy a whole lot younger than me, I am 62 and he was in his twenties. I drove 85 miles to the interview and I thought I would be hired, but I was wrong. SO if the EEOC says they will investigate age discrimination, that would be a lie, it was for me cause there was no reason for them to not be able to find a determination of discrimination was found against me when they had all the evidence in front of them. Maybe President Trump needs to drain the EEOC (Mississippi Field Office in Jackson, Mississippi), while draining the swamp. It appears that the age discrimination act of 1967 does not work for seniors, i mean protect them from hiring discrimination because of Age Discrimination investigations of age.
Us Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Customer Care
Cons
  • Waste of my tax dollars
  • Biased
  • No thorough investigations

Resolved: Southern Pine Electric - Do not recommend

Southern Pine Electric - Do not recommend
Update by user Mar 12, 2020

They repaired the light outage

Original review posted by user Jan 26, 2020
I reported a security light out in the parking lot at WIndwood Manor Apartments (Apartments for seniors and the disabled), and it is for safety reason(s) that it needs to be working at night at all times. Now I know that the security light might go out at some point, but when requested for it to be repaired or replaced, southern pine should get on the case and fix it ASAP. It has already been reported that is needs to be looked at a while back, to no avail. IT is a safety issue that needs to be looked into promptly. I have a video of it to show and a screenshot taken of it last night.
Resolved
District 2, Mississippi
Pros
  • Electricity kwh price is reasonable
security light won't work

Resolved: Fortiva - No recommendation

Fortiva - No recommendation
Update by user Feb 18, 2020

The company sent me a refund check in the amount of $61.50, for the maintenance and annual fees I was charged before I closed the account. They sent me a email asking if I wanted to open a new account with a $79.00 annual fee, loll, wow, what a disgrace, makes no good business sense to me.

Update by user Feb 18, 2020

The company did refund the annual fee as well as the monthly maintenance fee. However, I did close the account cause I did not want to continue paying the fees associated with keeping the account open.

They sent me an email wanting me to open another account with a annual fee of $79.00, but that is the reason why I closed it to begin with, after not having a fee for the first year. I don't see good business sense there.

I told them that I might consider opening an account again if there is no fees what soever, as of today's date, no response from Fortiva. I guess they don't want to keep good paying customers.

Original review posted by user Jan 19, 2020
ON January 13 and 14, 2020, fortiva MasterCard Credit card charged me an annual fee of $49.00 even though I am not using the account any longer as I closed it. I should not be charged a annual fee if I am not using the card, and also they are charging mea excessive maintenance fee $12.50 per month, started January 13 and 14, 2020 and when I called to inquire about it, I could not understand the representatives cause they could not speak English too well. As a result I ended up closing the account because of the excessive monthly maintenance fee and the annual fee of $49.00, and not being able to understand them speaking, and they could not understand me too well cause they wanted me to keep repeating myself. IT was quite frustrating to say the least. Anyway, my point being is I should not have to pay the annual fee cause I closed the account in the first month of the annual cycle when I was billed for the fee. MY account is current and I have never been late with a payment, always on time, etc. I know I will never do business with them again, it is a ripoff, a scam as far as I am concerned. IT is a shame that they do not like to keep loyal, good paying customers because of the fees they charge, even for customers who have had account over a year, so sad.....
Resolved
Product
Fortiva Credit Card
Pros
  • Good cash line
Cons
  • Excessive maintenince fees and annual fee
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss

Southern Pines Animal Shelter - Bad service with adopting pets

Southern Pines Animal Shelter - Bad service with adopting pets
Update by user Sep 20, 2019

For clarification, I wanted to adopt a dog (preferably a male that won't weigh over 25 lbs when it is fully grown), and still do want to. THe apartment complex where I reside only allows pets 25lbs or less when grown.

Original review posted by user Sep 20, 2019
I wanted to adopt a pet at southern pines Animal Shelter in Hattiesburg, Mississippi and I wanted a small dog (under 25 lbs grown), and I went there last sunday, was there at 12 pm, as required, when I got there, there was no pet and I had called them before I left going there (it is about 21 miles from where I live). The rep there told me I would have to check back and to submit my wish to adopt the kind of animal I wanted on the wish adoption part of their website, and I will get emails when the type of pet I want is available for adoption there at the shelter. So Wednesday morning, September the 19, I received a email informing me that an animal I am interested in is available (I got the email about 8:30 am, (they don't open until 1pm everyday, closed on Wednesdays). THey close at 5 pm. SO I called to see if the animal was available after they opened at 1pm, and gave the attendant the pet ID #, and she put me on hold, and forgot about me on the phone, she never came back on line, I had to hang up and call back. I was on hold for about 25 minutes or so. So when I called back the rep told me that dos was no longer available even though the email said it was. I complained about the rude service and I spoke to someone there might had been the manager, I don't know, but she said sometimes the emails or not updated as animals are adopted, I said "well, you need to update that cause of people are told the animals are available, but when they get there the animals are not available because of the not-up-dated email in formation, then people has wasted their time and gas money. She didn't seem to care about that. They want the public to give donations, and want o adopt animals to good homes, but they need to get their stuff straight, I suspect it is because of poor management, and incompetent employees. I don't know if I am going to rely on Southern Pines Animal Shelter to let me know when an animal I am interested in is available for adoption, the information might not be accurate or up-todate.
Southern Pines Animal Shelter Pet Adoption
Pros
  • Adopt animals
Cons
  • Long phone holds time
  • Poor customer service
  • Dont update animal information
Not as described/ advertised

Southern Pine Electric - Can't get a paper bill, representative rude, hung up

I called Southern Pines Electric Power in Hattiesburg, Mississippi to ask why I don't get a paper bill in the mail, (I did not sign up for paperless billing), and the male represenative was rude, was angry cause I wanted to get a monthly paper bill in order to pay my bill every month. Consumers have a right to get a paper bill in order to pay for the usage. I was not able to get to get my request as the representative hung up on me and when I called back I ask to speak to the director(manager), and the same person hung up on me accusing me (falsely of swearing at him, (which I didn't), when I aske him what did I swear, he hung up on me. I called back a third time and a female answered the phone and when I asked her what her capacity there was, she hung up. I have never experienced such poor quality of service before in my life. All I want is to request that I receive my bill in the mail, (snail mail, USPS), not online. What is the problem with those employees that work there in the Hattiesburg, Mississippi location?
Southern Pine Electric Customer Care
Cons
  • Rude staff
Poor customer service

Grifols Plasma - Poor communication and service at Grifols

Someone called me yesterday representing Grifols(she said she did not work there), but wanted to know "why I haven't been there in several weeks", well I told her well, the last time I was there, the Kiosk didn't work too well, and after they screened me, I went to sit down and wait for them to call me to go in the back and donate, so I sit and kept waiting, waiting, waiting and then I found out that they were telling people to go donate based on numerical values, and I was there early in the morning before anyone, and I noticed others kept going to the back before me (even though I was there first), well, there were three ahead of me, anyway, I was there sitting about two hours, and when I enquired about it, the person (manager), was very indifferent to why I was asking, she was rude, and I got up and told her to remove my file as I was leaving and probably will never return, she said "OK". They apparently don't realize, I don't have to donate, I work, have good job, (been on same job for 25 years). They treated me as if I was some stranger off the street, like "they are doing me a favor by "allowing" me to donate. I have been there many, many times, but up and until they change their attitudes, behavior, etc., I will not donate again at that place. They don't pay enough to have to put up with their attitudes. Getting paid twenty dollars on first visit then 50 on second visit, is not worth my time putting up with their crap. I think new management should be considered and they should consider vetting their employees.
Lowry City, Missouri
Grifols Plasma Customer Care
Pros
  • Helps others
Reason of review
Poor communication and quality of service

Hewlett Packard - Bad quality of service

I Purchased a "Smart Friend", service on June 30, 2019, to be able to trouble shoot my PC system in case of slow or stuck downloads. It just so happens that A new Windows 10 feature, accumulative feature, 1903 was down loading really slowly, so after I had done all that I knew to do myself, I purchased for a total of $53.49 the service mentioned above, but the technician who tried to help me, was not learned, and he was rude, indifferent to my situation, so after being on the phone with him for over two hours, and he took control of my PC remotely, and he removed some files that needed to remain, so I repaired the problem myself. I called and immediately ask for the service to be cancelled and my credit card refunded the amount, since it was a recurring payment of $14.99 per month, they charged me a one time activation fee of $35.00, $3.50 tax and $14.99 monthly fee, ridiculous to say the least, but anyway, I did not really care about that, the service was really lousy. SO a rep I spoke with the same day(morning), said that he expedited my request to for the service to be cancelled and my refund credited to y visa credit card. A rep called me on July 4, 2019 and was rude, and said, "We don't give refunds", so I told him consumers have the right to get a refund for a bad product and for a bad service, not a "store credit". So he hung up on me. I would not recommend doing any future business with Hewlett Packard "Smart Friend Care Package), it is not worth it at all. SO I contacted CFPB FTC, BBB and filed complaints about that company and company practices. Agreement # CA00000518******** I will be posting reviews on other websites as well about the bad quality of service I Received on June 30, 2019.
Hewlett Packard Smartfriend Technical Support
Cons
  • Absolute worst
  • Bad tech support and getting the run around from support staff
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy