Flipsy - Apple Cell Phone Trade-In Review

I sold my iphone 6 (Space Gray Verizon) to Kobixa on 3/13/2017. Kobixa promised to send me a $216.00 trade value for a Good Condition phone. I have an ORDER number and Receipt from them via email. I confirmed that the USPS delivered my phone to them on 3/18/2017. When I got worried that my money hadn't been deposited to my Paypal account in a week I started to check further into this. From their website, I tried to contact them. However, nobody ever reponded from the contact message page which I assume sends an email. I tried to call them, but the number was not correct. (Which I search for from a Business listing) I tried to contact Flipsy.com, where I got the referral for the Trade-In at Kobixa, and they haven't responded to me either. I've searching the WHOIS database and found two Gmail accounts for Domain owners from Flipsy and Kobixa. I sent them emails. To date, they have not responded. So, I believe that I've been a victim of fraud and Kobixa has stolen my Iphone. Kobixa appears to be either a division of WooCommerce or some relation. I need help.

Thieves!!!!!

I contacted Better Business Bureau and they attempted to contact Kobixa. Kobixa did not respond to BBB. Is there an attorney here who wants to help us redeem our phones or cash?

@Ida

We are sorry to hear about your experience with Kobixa.

We we do not have any affiliation with Kobixa.

If you found Kobixa through another price comparison site, I recommend contacting that company to ask for assistance.

Exactly, they are still doing this, I just sent in my phone, S8+, I guess I did not do enough research... now I am screwed out of my funds also!

I had the same as experience. Scam.

We're very sorry to hear you had a poor experience with Kobixa, especially since you found them through our service, Flipsy.com. We work hard to vet every vendor on Flipsy, and as soon as we learned about the issues with Kobixa we immediately reached out to everyone who contacted us about the problem and offered to pay for their phones.

We reached out to you on March 29th to let you know we would pay you the value Kobixa quoted for your phone.

We strive to ensure all of our vendors meet our strict Trust Verified requirements; however, in this exceedingly rare case a site like Kobixa slipped through. We apologize for our mistake and Kobixa has been removed from our vendor list.

We encourage anyone who was adversely affected by Kobixa to contact us at service@***.com right way so we can resolve your issues. User satisfaction is critically important to us, and we're here to make it right.

@Wretha Jmr

I was just subject to fraud from KOBIXA this week! I sold them my iPhone 6 S and was promised $159 for it.

I sent it off not last Wednesday but the previous Wednesday and still have not received payment for it yet. I tried to email and call them both of which have failed.

I also created an "account" with them to keep up with my trade in and have been unsuccessful with sign ins and I know the correct password I used. Something is definitely up, they have stolen my phone!!

@Anonymous

We are sorry to hear about your experience with Kobixa.

We we do not have any affiliation with Kobixa. We removed Kobixa from our search results in March of 2017 when we received reports from our visitors that Kobixa was not responding to their emails.

Similar thing happened to me. Kobixa gave me an excellent quote on my pristine iPhone 5c on Mar 5th.

I received the shipping pack, sent it back and cannot get back in touch with them.

They don't respond to emails or phone calls. Total Ripoff!

I believe this company stole my IPhone 6, they received my phone on March 9 and promised to evaluate within 24 hours. It's been 3 weeks now. Pleas be careful!!!!

View more comments (10)
ID
Service
Flipsy Apple Cell Phone Trade-In
Cons
  • Have stolen my iphone and not pay me
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

GoDaddy Deleted My Website of 3 Years

Because of their billing system, and the inability to use a back up form of payment that I uploaded, they literally deleted my website and all of its content over 3 years, for the non-payment of $9 from my monthly fee. No phone call, no letter, no nothing excepts emails which I found after the fact because I get so much spam and marketing junk from them. No I have to start my entire website over again. 100+ articles, interviews, etc. One thing is for sure - I won't be using them any longer. I would recommend using Blue Host or some other web host that is responsible. Crazy thing.
ID
Service
Godaddy Web Hosting
Pros
  • Prices
Cons
  • Deleting my website of 3 years
Reason of review