USPS - Ongoing problem with station employees

I have been renting a post office box at this location for about 5 years. They have also about 40 lockers in which overflow or larger pieces of mail goes. They then leave a key to the locker in your box. For about the last year they have not been doing this and instead leaving a note in your box to advise you that you have mail. When you get the note you must go to the window after waiting in line for some time. Now I have my box as I am disabled and do not go to the station when they are open as they have only 2 handicapped spots which are usually taken and I want to avoid any traffic at those times of the day. OK, now that I have explained this I will go into the problems with this. I have lost count of the many times I have gone to pick up my mail and find this note. Mostly every locker has keys in them with very few being used. This means now that I have to make a trip there when they are open. At Christmas, I was notified that a gift I had been waiting for had been delivered. I get to the post office and find a note in my box and no gift for my son. Of course, they had all left for the holiday and no gift for me to give. Had to wait until after Christmas to pick it up. I have been paying on this box for about 5 or more years. When this renewal came due I decided I did not want it for another year but only 3 months. They left the renewal notice in my box and I planned to go to pay it in person a week before it expired. I was quite surprised when I looked at my bank statement and found they had jumped the gun and had taken $80 out of my account. I went to the counter and was told there was nothing they could do about it. So now I am out of this money and they say there is nothing they can do. They owe me $60 but I am just SOL.

Why does this still say USPA as it is USPS?

Reason of review
People that can't do their jobs right
Preferred solution
Notification from this post office that they will no longer just give me a slip but give me a key to a locker so that I can get my mail. ALso, a refund of the $60

UPS Store - What an unbelievable screw-up

This company really screwed up. I was supposed to receive a delivery on Christmas Eve which was a gift for my son. I knew I probably would not be around so I notified them on FB and arranged to pick it up at the store near me. I showed up there at 1pm and the clerk tells me it is not there but at another location on the other side of town. Since the traffic was bad and I was quite sick I asked the clerk to call and have someone drive it over to this location. He said he did not have their phone number and he would call a toll free number and handed the phone to me. After about 30 minutes and talking to 3 different clerks I finally got the right location. I explained it and was told not to worry that they would have it to my home within the hour. I waited over 2 hours and it never showed up. In fact, it never showed up at all that day. They tell me there is nothing that they can do and would deliver it on the 26th. So now my son has no Christmas gift. He came on the 26th and we waited all day and again no delivery. I call and am told it would definitely be the next day as it would be pulled from the trailer immediately. Same thing the next day. My son comes over and waits hours for his gift and no delivery again. Same scenario, I call and am told it will definitely be here on Fri. I tell them to deliver it before noon as that is when I will be here. Friday 1pm still no delivery. I again call and ask them to please get it to me NOW. They saythey have nobody there who can bring it to me. IT IS STILL SITTING AT THE WRONG FACILITY. Nobody bothered to pull it from the trailer. They say it will be delivered next year after the New Years holiday. I tell them that will no work and they need to figure something out. I am told my choices are to wait again or to come there and get it. I am to sick to drive so they tell me to take a cab and they will pay for it. So that is what I did. Then when I tried to collect my cab fair they refused. I have notified all companies that I deal with to never send me anything using UPS again.
Yuma, Arizona
Ups Store Customer Care
Cons
  • Lack of delivery and service
Problem with delivery
Full refund

UPS - You ruined our Christmas

This company really screwed up. I was supposed to receive a delivery on Christmas Eve which was a gift for my son. I knew I probably would not be around so I notified you on FB and arranged to pick it up at the store near me. I showed up there at 1pm and the clerk tells me it is not there but at another location on the other side of town. Since the traffic was bad and I was quite sick I asked the clerk to call and have someone drive it over to this location. He said he did not have their phone number and he would call a toll free number and handed the phone to me. After about 30 minutes and talking to 3 different clerks I finally got the right location. I explained it and was told not to worry that they would have it to my home within the hour. I waited over 2 hours and it never showed up. In fact, it never showed up at all that day. They tell me there is nothing that they can do and would deliver it on the 26th. So now my son has no Christmas gift. He came on the 26th and we waited all day and again no delivery. I call and am told it would definitely be the next day as it would be pulled from the trailer immediately. Same thing the next day. My son comes over and waits hours for his gift and no delivery again. Same scenario, I call and am told it will definitely be here on Fri. I tell them to deliver it before noon as that is when I will be here. Friday 1pm still no delivery. I again call and ask them to please get it to me NOW. They have nobody there who can bring it to me. IT IS STILL SITTING AT THE WRONG FACILITY. Nobody bothered to pull it from the trailer. They say it will be delivered next year after the New Years holiday. I tell them that will no work and they need to figure something out. I am told my choices are to wait again or to come there and get it. I am to sick to drive so they tell me to take a cab and they will pay for it. So that is what I did. Then when I tried to collect my cab fair they refused. I have notified all companies that I deal with to never send me anything using UPS again. Wasted my time and also my sons time waiting for his gift.
Yuma, Arizona
Ups Next Day Delivery Service
Problem with delivery
Advanced Reviewer

2 10 Home Buyers Warranty - Exasperating, unreliable, inconsiderate, no coverage when needed.

I have had this warranty company for about 8 weeks. I switched from my previous company as I thought I would save money on the premium. I believe they should give preference in service calls to those who are sick and/or elderly. I called last week for AC service since it was around 110 and my house would not cool down. AC needs freon. I told them I was disabled, sick, elderly, and living alone and this was an emergency. They told me they could not get anyone here for about a week. I told them that this would not do and I would try to find a company who could come immediately and they could reimburse me. I had a company out the next day but the warranty would not pay what they were charging. I could not pay the difference so I was then out $69 for the diagnosis. 2-10 assured me they would have someone here the next day. The guy shows up but does not have a 2 story ladder on his truck. I even made it clear to 2-10 in the beginning that a 25 ft ladder would be needed. He was unable to do anything but told me someone would be here today. At 4 pm I called the company and they tell me that the guy who has the ladder is off today and now it won't be until tomorrow. I was introduced to 2-10 at one of my CE classes and be assured next time they come to one of my classes I am standing up and letting everyone know exactly how they operate and no sugar coating. I will never recommend this company to anyone, anywhere, anytime. So now it is back to my original warranty company. the money I thought I would save went out the window with the diagnosis I had to pay. This whole mess has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Aurora, Colorado
Product
2 10 Home Buyers Warranty Air Conditioner Warranty
Cons
  • Slow or no service in timely manner
Preferred solution
Give preference to customers who are sick, disabled, or elderly

USPS - No response to my complaints at Phoenix, AZ locations

On Feb 18, 2017 at 8pm I went to get my mail from my box. A few hours later I realized that I did not have my keys which include the one to the box, my house key, and my car key. I immediately went back but did not see them anywhere. The next morning I called to see if they had them there. Was told to call back later. When I did they said they did not find them and to check the next day. Called then and they told me to call on Mon. Called Mon and only got the custodian as they were closed. Called Tues and they said they did not see them. By Wed I am getting worried thinking somebody had these keys and could have access to the box. I then went to the post office on 20th St and Camelback in Phoenix AZ and told them I wanted the lock changed. They then changed it and charged me for doing this and giving me new keys. On Thursday I went to check for mail and found the keys had been put into my box. Now the problem is I had paid all this money (and I am old and disabled with very limited SSA) for nothing. Had they put those keys in the box when they should have it would have avoided all my worries and money. I asked them to return the money and to put the old lock back. They said they were unable to do this. In the meantime I find that when you return the keys you are to get your deposit back. I gave them the old keys and they refused to give me back my deposit. I have made a report onlne with USPS but they have never even had the decency to respond. PROBLEM #2 Every week the grocery markets send out their weekly flyers which are to be delivered by Tues or the latest by Wed. Every Wed I check and no ads. I have called this post office (7th Ave & Osborn??) in Phoenix and reported this practically every week. Last week I tried to call them for 2 hours and just got a busy signal. Other time I try to get them and the phone just rings forever and then I get a false busy. The few times I actually got to talk to anyone they are no help and say they will have the supervisor return my call. Never happens!!!! What can a person do? I am way beyond being frustrated. We are paying for these services with our tax dollars and not getting good service.

We don't receive tax dollars. Learn more.

Also, you lost your keys. Your fault. Be grateful the lock was changed so quickly. You can't and don't deserve a refund.

Fixed income? Then you learned a costly lesson to be more responsible.

your tax money doesn't go to the post . your the one who lost the keys to begin with.

They may have just found them and you jump and call them names. There is no refund deposit for locks.

View more comments (1)
Usps Mail Service
Cons
  • Wrong expected delivery dates
  • Caused inconvenience
Reason of review
Both customer service and mail delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver my mail on date which it is supposed to be delivered and refund my money for the POB which I really didn't need if this had been taken care of in the beginning properly.

Cox Communications - COX is now scamming their customers

My friend told me what happened on her computer a few days ago. She got this message with blaring horns, etc telling her that there was a problem and her hard drive would be erased and it was from Cox. there was a phone number they provided for her to call to get this fixed. The number was not the Cox number she usually calls for support so she called the local Cox support number. She got an agent who told her that the only ones who can fix this is the number they provided and she should call that number. She called it and they remote into her computer and fixed it. After it was fixed they wanted $299 for the work they had done and any future problems. She told them she already had a plan for $199 a year which took care of all her electronic devices. They tell her then that they would accept $199 and match her coverage. Now what reputable company does that? She just hopes they did not reverse this fix. So Cox is now in cahoots with this rip off company. So if this happens to you do not call Cox nor the number that is provided. Call your local tech whom you trust.

This Pop-Up was not from Cox. Cox does offer CTS (Cox Tech solutions) when Cus need help. It is not $299.00 it is $99.00 for tech to fix the PC remotely then IF you want the service plan it is $9.99 a month.

@Anonymous

Then why would Cox tell her to call the PN listed on the popup?

Don't blame Cox. Your "friend" was the victim of some malicious software picked up by going to some shady site or clicking on an email attachment.

You might want to make sure you have anti virus software enabled and running on that computer and run a program like malwarebytes in order to find and eliminate the junk on the system.

Malware takes advantage of people with little, to no computer sense or ability. Good luck

@Machele Imf

She does have all of that on her computer and has all her puters, etc covered by Netgear for $199 per year. They provide all of that for her.

View more comments (3)
Cox Communications Customer Care
Cons
  • That they are a crooked establishment

Toshiba - Warranty work never completed

Early in Oct I noticed that the USB Port was not working on my Satellite laptop. I took my computer to Geek Squad for repair and was told they could not do the work since it was actually the motherobard causing this. I then called the Toshiba company to see how much it would be for this type of repair. When I told them what Geek Squad said about the USB port and it being caused by the motherboard theyday agreed that that was the problem. After getting it backed up I paid for the shipping costs and sent it to them. We will proceed with in warranty repairs, please allow at least 5 business days for the unit to arrive. A few days later I received an Email stating From: Brenda A Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 3:35 PM To: Cc: csr_toshiba@***m-us.com Subject: TOSHIBA CASE tc-1059**** Not covered by Warranty: Parts $7.47 (LCD COVER) $13.75 (TOP COVER) Labor $60.00 Total $ 81.22 ******Please note that these repairs are optional and if you would like to proceed with only in warranty repairs please advise****** **only if you reside in California will sales tax be charged 8.75% on parts only. If you would like to continue with the repairs for your laptop, please return the completed and signed credit card form by one of the following methods: Fax: 408-262-**** (attn: Katrina Cheng) Email: (PDF/JPG formats accepted only) We do not accept payment over phone due to needing a physical signature on the credit card form Payment will need to be received no later than (12/04/2015) to prevent your unit from being returned unrepaired. Repair process is approximately 2-3 days once the payment is approved, and the unit is shipped via Fedex 2 day delivery My answer to this was: Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 6:19 PM To: Brenda A Subject: Re: TOSHIBA CASE tc-1059**** Importance: High I knew about that crack and reported it on the form I mailed in to you. I know this is not covered under the warranty and I do not want this repaired as I sent it back to you only for the repair of the USB port (Motherboard). Please continue with this warranty repair only Their response was: We will proceed with in warranty repairs, please allow at least 5 business days for the unit to arrive. Best regards, Brenda A few days later I received the computer and nothing was repaired. They have inconvenienced me and had me pay to ship my computer to them. I immediately called and asked them why. They tell me it was due to the damage. I tried to tell them and had disclosed this and had been told the warranty repairs would be completed. I have called back 3 times since. The last person I talked with named Jay who said it is not the motherboard but the USB port which is not warranted. I think this is just an excuse to not do the repair which was diagnosed not only by Geek Squad but also their technician when I first called. I was not given the option of paying at that time for a USB repair but the tech also agreed about the motherboard. Perhaps they just want to sell you the packing box to send in. NOTE: the damage to the case was due to inferior materials used by Toshiba. Plastic instead of metal. I have vowed never to buy another Toshiba again. Just bought a new Lenovo, (NOT PLASTIC).

This company is not accredited by the BBB so therefore they seem to get away with this type of treatment of their customers.

Never do business with any company that is not BBB accredited.

This review has not helped me either in any way. Toshiba has never even tried to contact me to offer a solution which any reputable company would try to do.

The computer is a piece of ***

The remaining USP ports are also a problem. Nothing will stay plugged into it due to the wearing away on the inside of these ports.

Phoenix, Arizona
Cons
  • Taking advantate of consumers
  • Taking advantage of sr citizens and disabled
  • Customer service
Preferred solution
Repair my computer as agreed upon by your tech & Brenda. Also refund my shipping cost which was for nothing. Send me authorization to ship and return by overnight paid.

Chase Bank - Website problems

For months now I have been unable to access my 3 credit card and my mortgage accounts. I have to do a song and dance just to get into see any of this. This has been going on for many months now. I have called time and again to have this fixed. They fix it so for perhaps 1 day I am able to log in and then once again it starts. Today I try again and get this same message that my computer cannot be recognized. I call them and get the run around. I talk to 7 different people. This is outrageous for this to happen. All I want to do is check my accounts. This does not happen with any of my other financial institutions. As I write this I am now being transferred once again to internet services. Back to where I was when that person asked me to hold for 2 minutes while he checked on something and never came back. I guess he disappeared into the black hole. Now they say something about the browser not having the cookies. Wouldn't this be something I would find to be the same with all my other accounts? Only with Chase do I have this problem. RAY RUIZ, SAN ANTONIO TX, ONLINE TECH SUPPORT was the last person I spoke with who insisted this is a Google Chrome browser issue. I finally got off phone call which lasted for approximately 1 hour. What a waste of my time. I am seriously thinking of cancelling my credit cards and going elsewhere for my mortgage.
Chase Bank Mortgage
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Update by user Jan 08, 2016

I do not know why this is titled "Geek Squad" as they are not the company I have a beef with. The responsible company is #TOSHIBA.

This has not been resolved with this company and all they can say is that it has been damaged. I do not know if they understand English or...

Advanced Reviewer

Amtrak - Not just 1 but several very bad experiences.

My most recent horrendous experience was on Oct 23, 2015. I had got on the train in Chicago the previous day. The morning of the 23rd we were advised that there had been a freight car derailment near Gallup NM and we would be taking a bus from Albuquerque into Gallup where the train heading the opposite way would be waiting to take us westbound. It was chaotic. Got to ALB and was told to take our luggage and cross over tracks and sit in train on other side until our buses would arrive. Employees should be trained in protocol for matters such as this. They had notified me by email of this situation. EMAIL??? They don't even have wifi on the trains. I discovered this at a later date when I arrived home. I am a Senior and disabled and had no way to get luggage anywhere and had asked for assistance at any stops. I am standing there outside the train with all my luggage and not knowing how I can do this when a gentleman who was on the Eastbound train and waiting to board the train that I had just got off. He said not to listen to those employees as he knew where the buses were since he had come from Gallup on one. He was so polite and took my luggage to the waiting bus. If I had wanted a bus tour then that is what I would have planned instead of train. I do not travel by bus due to an accident as a child and I get quite sick on a bus. I got on the bus and it took about 2 1.2 hours to get to Gallup. The bus kept getting hotter and hotter and people were complaining. Finally we get to Gallup and everyone stands up waiting to get off and the driver gets off and locks everyone inside in the heated bus. People were screaming "Let us off, you can't hold us hostage, we are not children". After about 10-15 minutes the doors were opened and we got off Here there was an Amtrak employee that I flagged down who actually helped me to where the train was waiting. After I got on I noticed that outside there was a 12-15 ft high chain link fence that separated us from the parking lot. There sitting in this deserted unsecure lot was the checked in baggage. Anyone could have drove up and took their choice of items and left. By this time is is about 8pm. I am hungry, thirsty as I had planned dinner on the train. I go into the dining car and asked about food. The chef told me they were not prepared but had sent out for chicken. I asked how long it would take for them to cook and serve it. He said it was already cooked as they were ordering from Church's fried chicken. When I heard that I though I would take my chances on the lesser of 2 evils (Greasy fried chicken or snack food) I chose to go to the snack car. Tried to find something healthy and ended up with chicken soup in a cup and a beef hot dog. After eating this I felt sick to my stomach. In fact even the next day I was sick. After waiting some time for the rest of the buses we left for my destination in Flagstaff. Was able to get the attendant to unload my carry on bags but was left by side of train trying to get them to the station.What a chore as there is nobody there who helps anyone. As for claiming my baggage there is no baggage claim room. You have to go back outside and get it off the truck. Last time I traveled from Flagstaff to LA I had problems again with getting my bags on board. I always alert Amtrak when making my reservations that I am disabled and need help. They always tell me they will have help for me and not to worry. I verified this several times before I started my trip. Station attendant said he could only help me get my bags out close to the boarding area. I was left there and had to rely on other passengers to help me to the train. WHen I got to the train there was a lady conductor and I asked her to help me get my carry on bags on the train. Her response was "If you can't get them yourself then you will have to get somebody here and take the next train" (which would be a 24 hours wait). This Chicago to LA train I took 10 years ago with same kind of derailment problem in NM. That time when we had to take the bus they handed everybody a bottle of water and boxed lunch. This time NOTHING. I give up. It has been nothing but nightmare trips for me. About 7 years ago I was traveling from Maricopa, AZ to El Paso, TX. Train delayed 8 hours while my granddaughter sat in the El Paso station for 8 hours with a small baby. Leaving El Paso another delay and I didn't get out of there on time. About another 8 hour delay. Then about 8 years ago was delayed for hours somewhere in CA. I think I have taken maybe 1 trip that went smooth. That was in 2003 and the first trip I had ever made on Amtrak. One successful trip does not make up for all the bad ones though. I have written to Amtrak customer relations HO and asked for a refund for this latest trip. I had been offered a $100 voucher off my next trip by a rep on their 800#.. That is a joke. Whey would I ever want that when I do not plan to ride with them again. AMTRAK does not care anything about Senior or disabled persons. If you are in this category I would suggest finding an alternative way to travel.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Amtrak Customer Care
Cons
  • No help for disabled persons
  • No food for over 8 hours
  • Being promised one thing and then not following through
Poor customer service