Avoid SEB Bank Estonia at all costs

I inherited a flat in Tallinn with an SEB mortgage, in 2013. Suffice to say that if you are not based in Estonia, AVOID SEB BANK AT ALL COSTS. The whole long, sorry saga is too long to go into here but includes them failing to transfer the mortgage into my name despite several pre-scheduled visits by me to them in Tallinn (I live in the UK), failing to provide a contact who speaks English (quite a feat, in Estonia!), insisting on a lawyer-signed letter+apostille simply for an online banking password reset, and then once I had sold the flat, trying every trick in the book to deny me access to the funds until the last moment when- against my instructions- they transferred the whole lot in Euros to my UK account, resulting in my getting hammered on the exchange rate. SEB Estonia 'customer service' is robotic and hides behind legislation, failing to offer solutions that later become apparent with persistence.
#1342001

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SEBEstonia/ Come to this group for more stories about SEB in Estonia.

ID
Tallinn, Harju Maakond
Service
Seb Bank Customer Care
Pros
  • Finally being able to close my account
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • Insistence on expensive legal bureaucracy for password reset
  • Getting ripped off
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution