Verified Reviewer

Update by user Oct 17, 2020

I received a callback but refused to refund me

Original review updated by user Oct 17, 2020
I signed up on July 31, 2020 and Canceled on August 3rd and they sent an email on August 5th that they would refund, and they did not honor my $200 refund. They sent me an email that they would refund and told me over the phone to just dispute the charge. Do not let them tell you to file a dispute on your card and then even though I have the email stating they would refund me I called them and they refused to refund my money. After calling 5 times they give some type of run around and argue with you over the phone, and they even hung up on me wasting about 1/2 of my day.
ID
Product
Janbask Training Course
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Verified Reviewer
Original review updated by user Oct 19, 2020
My husband and I went to Cancun back in April 2019. Never being to Mexico before we did not know about the people at the airport getting you to sign up for a timeshare presentation. So unfortunately we got rooked into going to this timeshare thing. I was recovering...
#1939238

Hi there, Just as I thought, like in all websites there had to be complaints regarding Vidanta and its scams. I hope my personal experience help you.

Last year my family and I went to one of Vida Vacations Resorts, Grand Luxxe Residence Club at Riviera Maya, and everything was perfect we even got invited to a free tour. We didn't know the place very well so we decided on going, we never knew that the price to pay was attending a more than 5hrs sales pitch. Since everything was new to us and we were very excited, despite the looooong talk, everything seemed so promising, we decided on doing a "good investment". It didn't take much time after realizing that all they wanted was more money and didn’t care for their clients, each time we called to reserve they didn’t have availability and in order to have more chances to reserve we had to give more money, supposedly “upgrading the membership”, besides the maintenance kept increasing each time, nothing of these was ever said by the salesperson and the resort mentioned they were not responsible for what was promised verbally.

Since no one was going to give me a solution, I found my own means. After reading about all the reviews about Vidanta and how thousands of people have got scammed by them and resale companies (which I think they are the same people) I started looking for a legitimate company that could cancel my contract with the resort. I looked in the BBB which helped me decide which companies had a good reliability and were trustworthy to hire. In there I found MTS (Mexican Timeshare Solutions) who helped me completely with the legal process and gave me legal advice during such.

The process lasted 5 months, and during that time I had resale companies call me every day, trying to convince me they had a very interested person on buying my timeshare as twice its price. Obviously this was all part of a scam. I remained patient until my attorney contacted me to notify that the contract was totally cancelled. Until this point I didn’t have to give any money upfront, I called the resort to verify this information and as he had said, I had nothing to do with the resort anymore, my timeshare was cancelled.

If you’re still dealing with this situation, don’t be, it is unfair what these people do. Do a research on the comments about this resort and you’ll find a lot of complaints of this Timeshare “scamming” industry.

Give it a try on cancelling your contract, also, research about timeshare cancellation companies that can help you. Good Luck!

ID
Solidaridad, Quintana Roo
Pros
  • Amenities
Cons
  • Complete misrepresentation
  • Sales tactics
  • Hidden fees
Loss