Cold Spring Advisory Group - Research

I caught wind of Cold Spring Advisory and Louis Ottimo and researched them. The more I dug, the more ominous it began to look. A former broker that was barred from the securities industry now collects upfront fees to go after people like him. I received a call from Louis Ottimo about a month ago, partly in reference to the article I wrote in September about him and his affiliation with Cold Spring Advisory, and also about me reaching out to a client. none answered the call, though I'm not surprised. You can't defend a house of cards against even a hint of a negative wind. Louis claims to be just a consultant, but my research into the matter revealed that he had far more access to the day to day business affairs of Cold Spring Advisory than he claimed. In fact: Louis Ottimo was the sole source of their client lead list; he engaged with and choose the lawyers that would represent said clients; he generated the checks to pay such lawyers; he alone interviewed all clients and their stock portfolios; and; he alone determined the up front fees to charge said clients. By this account, whether he was paid as an employee or a consultant, nonetheless made him essentially a de facto employee of the company.

We just received a threatening telephone call from a John Murphy at Coldspring Advisory based upon an article we wrote exposing their antics and operation and “cold” calling victims from lists they obtained from the bad brokers themselves. If we did not take down our article, they would hire people to write bad reviews about us all over the internet.

Seems now that they are giving financial advise. The last i was a aware brokers barred from FINRA weren't allowed to give financial advise under law, and Louis Ottimo has been barred and appears to be the driving force behind Cold Spring Advisory

View more comments (1)
ID
Cons
  • Research ive done disputes their claims