Update by user Jan 18, 2013

Jan. 18, 2013. To this date, no response from World on Wheels.

Original review posted by user Dec 18, 2012
RE: 2009 Maserati Granturismo S I negotiated an agreed purchase price of $75,000 on October 17, 2012 with their seller broker through my broker, Todd Nixon, of Augusta Motor Group. A full detailed description was provided to my Todd Nixon describing the car as flawless with no issues. We were also advised that a new battery will be installed by the dealer(implying a Maserati dealer). Arrangements were finalized for payment and transportation of the car to Seattle, WA. The car arrived with a dead battery (it was a non-compatible battery for the car with improper attachment of the battery connector board). There was only one well worn key fob, no no-recall letter and service record from the Maserati dealer as promised. All the damage observed upon arrival were documented in detail by the transport company as existing prior to loading - right rear bumper damage, at least five minor door dings on passenger side, two deep paint chips on driver door, damaged front right bumper on underside, badly marked passenger visor, center console lid broken, lower body paint completely worn off on backside of both front wheels, curb damage on all wheels, upper part of front chrome grill frame deformed and detached, luggage compartment carpeting damaged and rusty, both headlight units were fogged up and engine vibration at idle(the Seattle dealer confirmed that the oil sump was overfilled by TWO quarts!). We contacted the seller by phone confronting him on misrepresenting the car, His reply was simply we paid a "cheap price". That is not a satisfactory answer for misrepresenting the car, and especially, from one professional to another. Inspection by the Seattle Maserati dealer revealed that the front bumper was damaged & just re-painted on the car without repair, rear bumper damaged, front undertray damage on left side, right side rocker panel badly scraped, only one remote which was damaged, stone chips all over hood and roof, both door panels have numerous dents, damaged console lid, damaged steering wheel, repair of right & left rear quarter panels poorly done, all four wheels curb damaged, battery replacement is non-compatible, etc. The estimated cost to repair all the issues is approximately $6000-****. Further attempts to contact the seller by phone were futile. I have also filed my complaint through the BBB seeking payment of $6,000 to cover most of the repairs. Take full precaution when dealing with World on Wheels of Miami.
Surrey, British Columbia
Loss

Marino Performance Motors - Reneged on Contract

I negotiated an agreed purchase price of $84,500 with their broker representative, Todd.through my broker, Todd Nixon, of Augusta Motor Group, subject to a PPI to be performed at Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale at my cost of 477.50. We received the inspection report back with some service and warranty issues. We then attempted to contact their representative,Todd, but he refused to respond. All our calls were ignored. We later discovered the car was sold to another buyer. I am seeking a refund of my PPI cost without any success. The sales manager, Gil Courchene, has also ignored my request. Buyer Beware is all I can say.

ADDITIONAL INFO

On December 10, 2012, the business provided the following information: BBB

In response to this alleged complaint, Marino Performance Motors would like to respond to this statement and state the facts. First and foremost Marino Performance the entire time was dealing with Augusta Motor Group from the beginning and not this person above. Furthermore, Augusta Motor Group explained to us that they had a client for the car and wanted to have the car inspected. In good faith we made arrangements to have the car brought to the dealership and brought back after the inspection was complete. Keep in mind that we didn't have a deposit or bill of sale during this. After the car returned to our dealership we did not hear from the broker. After nearly two weeks passed we sold the car to a retail client. It's unfortunate that this person maliciously took the time to attempt to badger our business on the internet but our great reputation and excellent Ebay rating will prevail and tell the truth.

RESPONSE TO MARINO'S RESPONSE (Dec. 12, 2012) BBB

I already stated in my original complaint that Augusta Motor Group was representing me in the negotiations. An agreed price was agreed upon and then the car was transported to Ferrari of F. Lauderdale for a full Pre-Purchase Inspection in which Augusta Motor Group paid the $477.50 fee on my behalf. The day after the inspection which was satisfactory, Todd of Agusta Motor Group tried to contact Todd of Marino Performance to complete the purchase through Manheim O.V.E. wholesale auction house (the car was posted there for sale). All calls were ignored. Augusta Motor Group later discovered on O.V.E. that it was sold to another buyer. $477.50 is owed to me via Agusta Motor Group per Todd Nixon. Further contact info can be provided. This type of underhanded sales tactics seems to be quite prevalent amongst Florida used car dealers.

Surrey, British Columbia
Loss

KitchenAid - Kitchen Aid Can Opener

KitchenAid - Kitchen Aid Can Opener
Ditto to the anonymous complainer of this supposedly better quality can opener. We used it no more than two dozen times. Cost us $13.00 + tax!! Yes, Kitchen Aid products have gone the way of the dinosaurs! I agree that the dollar store can opener last longer. 13...

I ended up throwing mine away, and I paid over $15 for mine. Never worked from the beginning, and the retailer told me that it was 'kitchenaid's problem'

What a waste.

View more comments
Vancouver, British Columbia

Dazzle White - Refuse to give Refund

The continued saga with Dazzle White/White Smile. My third call (and you do have to hold for a long long time!) to effect a refund of a 27 July charge yields a new excuse - They claim my Visa card is blocking their attempt to refund. I immediately called my Visa card services and they confirmed it's Total *** Avoid this vulture company. Besides, the product is a complete scam! For a Crest kit of $40, you can have your teeth whitened and last for 6-12 months. And no hassles! BEWARE! Don't believe one word of Linda's.

Some lawyer should read this to see how they are breaking the law and help all the people getting scammed!!!There is no way you can use Dazzlewhite or Dazzlesmile for a 14 day free trial without them charging you almost $100 and keeping your money for about 3 months, even if you can remember to cancel and track product back to these thieves!!! Assbrite and retired in Georgia!!!

Karla S. Don't give up. Keep pestering them and if returned product, contact your credit card company.Aracall, you might consider another job as you could be implicated in a class action lawsuit.

Ordered my free trail and like the stories above got scamed Am now in the process of trying to get a refund on my credit account. it looks dismall what a rip off and scam this company is.

Dear WAFA ABBOUD,,,,,,,,,after all these months, you are still lying.

You are NOT getting a refund even if you have a cancellation number. I returned my "free sample" by gicng it back to the postman "MOVED....RETURN TO SENDER", no cost to me. Then I called my Mastercard/ Bank of America......they are well aware of Dazzle's scam and willingly changed my number immediately.

edhardy - your organization(it's not a legitimate business) makes every effort NOT to make the refund but rather to continue to scam unsuspecting customers with small print and unauthorized subscriptions to unsolicited services. In addition, your pricing is totally inconsistent which is contrary to good business practices.

Also, being a US company, it it very suspicious to use a Canadian bank for your business. Is that for tax avoidance???

I TO HAD A PROBLEM DAZZEL SMILE. I ARGUED WITH THEM.

NOTHING HAPPENED, SO I CALLED BACK TO TELL THEM I WOULD SPREAD THE WORD THEY WERE SCAMMING PEOPLE & TOLD THEM I WOULD CONTACT ALL MY E-MAIL BUDDIES & PUT COMMENTS ON ALL ADS I FOUND ON COMPUTER ABOUT THEM WOULD WARN THEY WERE SCAMMING PEOPLE. STOPPED PAYMENT, I STILL HAD BOX & PAPER THEY SENT IT IN SO THAT HELPED TO.

GUESS WHAT NO PROBLEM REFUND! GOOD LUCK!!

This is listed on the Better Business Bureau's website about the compnay Dazzle White:

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.

Reasons for this rating include:

BBB concerns with the industry in which this business operates.

550 complaints filed against business

157 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.

Overall complaint history with BBB.

Advertising issue(s) found by BBB.

BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.

Length of time business has taken to resolve complaint(s).

BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.

View more comments (7)
White Rock, British Columbia

White Smile/Dazzle White

Avoid Dazzle White/White Smile like the plague. They are the worse scam advertisers that I've encountered. The "Free Trial" also automatically enrolls you a monthly subscription of Dazzle White itself(even if buying from them) and weight loss programs. The subscription is a small amount (3.24-7.14). So really scrutinize your credit card statements. Some banks will also charge you a foreign transaction fee "FTF" because their bank is located in Canada! Free trial period is only 14 days but require 3-4 weeks to notice results! I was charged $58 for one trial pen and then $58 for next batch of pens. I had to send all back in order to get refund. complain loud and threaten to report them or they won't refund. As for the monthly subscription fees, that's insidious as easily to miss on your statements. Call them for refund (they cannot legally charge you as you did not sign for the charge - again complain loud! Also call your credit card company to refund the FTF. It has been a nightmare that will span at least 3 months in order to get all your refunds back. BEWARE!

i got sucked in too :(.. i had to cancel my credit card and get a new one.. *** ppl with their *** scams

:cry notice this scam when i found out a friend of mine got scammed too>dit card and they already charged me $79.48 =(

does charge back still works if i just canceled the card somone reply to this thanks..

. Is that for tax avoidance???

I was also scammed by these lowlifes. When I saw that charges on my credit card statment I immediately contacted them and they told me that not only had I been charged $92 and $78 for the first month but was allready charged the same amount again before I recieved the second shipment.

I cancelled my card right then.

When I called for a refund I was told that I would have to send back the second shipment on 9/17 but did not recieve it till 9/18. Please let everyone you know not to deal with these people or fall for any advertisements on the internet.

I called and cancelled the Dazzle White subscription and mailed it back and was finally reimbursed. Then, after the deadline date for cancellations, I received 2 small items on my debit ($5.00+ and $8.00+) for their weight loss programs which are online.

I was able to cancel these but no refunds because I am past the 40 days allowed for refunds -- never mind that I was billed AFTER the 40 days!

A real scam. I don't know why the Better Business Bureau hasn't done something about this 'company'.

I called and cancelled the Dazzle White subscription and mailed it back and was finally reimbursed. Then, after the deadline date for cancellations, I received 2 small items on my bebit ($5.00+ and $8.00+) for their weight loss programs which are online.

I was able to cancel these but no refunds because I am passed the 40 days allowed for refunds -- never mind that I was billed AFTER the 40 days!

A real scam. I don't know why the Better Business Bureau hasn't done something about this 'compnay'.

Contact your credit card company and cancel your card immediately. I did this before any future charges from Dazzle White.

I will have to go through statements to find my regular automated payments and switch to the replacement card's number but thats much easier than hounding these scammers for a refund.

Still wondering if these products actually do whiten teeth(which is what I was trying to find out when I came upon all the sites crying fowl.)

If you've been conned, first thing to do is to call your bank and cancel the card you used to take the free trail offer so that they can't take any further payment.

I have no idea if I'll get my money back but I am going to post about this scam and report to all consumer and government bodies until they are stopped. Every one of us should do the same.

I canceled within the stated time period, returning the product and receiving verification of that. The following month I found 2 charges on my card one for 6.95 and one for 8.95 that I couldn't place.

I called the 800 number listed on my statement to figure out what it was. Sure enough they said by signing up for Dazzle white (which is now Dazzle Smile...they change their name and web address frequently) I signed up for a weight loss program and some nutrition program...which I know were offered and I DECLINED. Whoa. I told the guy I was calling my credit card to deny the charges as I did NOT sign up for those programs.

Then and only then did he say they could refund the money (though he freely offered to cancel my account).

I looked at Dazzle Smiles terms and conditions, NOTHING about this 3rd party that was charging me). Bad news!!!!

I've been getting involved with and using the internet for purches both full and trial for years. This outfit is very good at what they do, which is scam the public.

The true details of the "trial" are well hidden and can cost a bundle. I'm just getting started at canceling so wish me luck.

View more comments (11)