Les Stumpf Ford - Ford Dealership Poor Customer Service

We have been loyal customers of Stumpf since purchasing our 2012 Ford Fusion from them. I have been a loyal Ford customer for the past 35 years. We have had our Fusion into Stumpf numerous times for body work and service work. This past spring, our Fusion was involved in an incident in the parking lot where my wife is employed. It took us almost 9 months to settle the issue with the gentleman that hit the car. Stumpf was our preferred choice for having the repair work completed. While our car was in for the repair work, my wife was using a rental car from Stumpf. She happened to have the car at the Wal-mart on the west side of Appleton and was hit by another patron in the parking lot. That person left the scene and was not able to be located. The damage to the rental car from Stumpf was a scuff on the bumper which likely required a complete re-paint of the bumper. I contacted Stumpf after the repair was completed to ask for some grace given this was a hit and run and no fault of my wife’s. I get the contract signature, I understand the cost, and I really don’t care about the $748.08. I shared with them I would be more than willing to settle the dispute for $500 if they would be willing to share in our risk and to continue our relationship with them as a good and loyal customer. The response I received from the team at Stumpf was certainly not what I expected. The Body Shop Manager, Service Manager and Rental Manager were on a speaker phone with me and when I asked if they would be willing to reduce the cost of the repair, the response was and adamant, “absolutely not”. I get the legalities of this process but there is also a human factor, customer service factor, etc. Had this been my wife’s fault, there is no question I would have immediately payed the entire bill. Our insurance company has recommended I don’t submit the claim since there is a $500.00 deductible. My wife and I make over $160,000/yr combined so I could care less about the extra $250.00, it really has just come down to how I have been treated by this dealership over $250. I am in the market for a new one ton dually and had planned to purchase a Ford. After this experience, my purchase will likely be a Dodge Ram 3500 Cummings. It is my hope that the $250.00 they are saving and the extremely poor treatment was worth the loss of a customer for not only their dealership but Ford motor company.

What the heck is Ford thinking! Ford obviously is top heavy in there top Management!

This is 1950x Thinking! Shame on them!

This is 1950x Thinking! Shame on them!

View more comments (1)
ID
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Service
Les Stumpf Ford Car Repair
Cons
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution