Verified Reviewer

Explore video interviews
Update by user Dec 05, 2020

So airBnB refunded me their service fee of $571.99 and sent it to a PayPal account that does not belong to me and has put the responsibility on me to get the money back from PayPal. I had spent four hours trying to get this money returned and PayPal finally figured out that the money had gone back to Airbnb because the account was in active.

Airbnb is still insisting that it is in a PayPal account that I have to somehow get PayPal to release the money to me but PayPal has given me proof that Airbnb actually has the money returned.AirBnB is one of the worst companies I have ever had the unpledged are of dealing with! They do nothing to help the client and during a pandemic it’s absolutely mind-boggling.

Original review posted by user Sep 24, 2020
Cancelled our rental on March 21 2020 for our rental in Austin Hosted by Eastside Villas that was scheduled for October 22-27 of 2020 through Air BnB w/ a deposit $2581.62 due to Covid related complications. Which we had booked in January of 2020. The host nor Airbnb will refund our money due to their strict policy of "no cancellations" UNLESS THERE ARE EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES. COVID FALLS UNDER THAT CLAUSE. We have been fighting with them since March to get a refund. Our business was shut down due to Covid on the 13th of March 2020. We are now hiring an attorney to recoup our money. DO NOT USE AIRBNB OR EASTSIDE VILLAS. They have no compassion for the current climate or what people are having to endure. These are huge businesses which are not interested in the welfare of the clients. Losing $2600 is a big deal to us especially now!
Featured
ID
Service
Airbnb House Rental
Cons
  • Will not refund deposit on a cancellation on nine months out
Loss