Compass Truck Sales - COMPASS DESTROYED MY DREAMS OF RUNNING A TRUCKING COMPANY

My first experience with Compass started back in 2010 when I bought my first truck. I was a new driver and they sold me a Freightliner Columbia 2004 for 30,000. I put 6500 down including trade in from a box truck and drove my *** off for 16 months to pay it off. The first problem I never missed a payment, then was time to get my title guess what their accountant was bad at keeping records and said I owed late fees. I said impossible. I made every payment on time so I had to retrieve all of my bank statements in order to prove I was correct. So I kind of let this go and said well I will try them again and buy my second truck. All *** broke loose and devastated my life with the second truck I bought. I bought a 2006 Freightliner Columbia and put a driver in it. After his first trip the engine started leaking antifreeze. I quickly called compass and the owner Mario says use the warranty. So I called a few shops and they told me that they have problems with the warranty getting their money and if the truck does not fall into specific categories then they would not fix truck. Now for the good stuff, I had a leak from head number 3. In order for the shops to quote me they had to go into the engine to see what was causing the leak. The only problem is the leak was considered outside and the warranty did not cover this. Well after 10k plus in repairs (out of pocket) the truck still leaks and compass will not do anything about this. The next thing I had a buddy that also bought a truck from compass, he truck had so much damage that it could not be be fix. Compass actually helped him and tried fixing truck which lasted for maybe half a day then they said well "you must be breaking truck". Right now I am financially ruined and driving for someone else. If your wondering about the first truck I bought well it didn't even last two years before the motor fell apart on the toll road. Paid it off in 16 months and that 19th month the engine fell apart.
ID
Summit, Illinois
Product
2004 Freightliner Trucks Columbia Truck
Cons
  • Devestated
  • Bankrupt
  • Killed my dreams
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution