Restoration Hardware - Unethical business conduct and terrible supply chain management

We were told that dinning chairs we ordered were custom made and will be ready to be shipped by end of July. When we wanted to change the order 2 weeks after placing the order, the in-store sales rep informed us that products were ready to be shipped so couldn't make any changes. We then decided to stick with the original order. While we received our dinning table, we found out dinning chairs were not shipped together and they were actually back ordered till October! No one has told us this information. If we were known that the chairs will be back order, we would not have ordered them at the first place! This is really unethical business conduct! We called customer service for 3 times in 2 days and no one could tell us what is going on. I had to call 4th time to strongly express my dissatisfaction and they agreed to send loaner chairs. However, these loaner chairs were only available in 2-3 weeks. I had to insist getting them asap, then they decided to accelerate the shipment so I can get then within a week. I called every day after, and guess what every day I was told a different delivery timeline. It's been one week, we have not seen any loaner chairs and no one can tell us when we can get them. We have been sitting on sofa having dinner! They are doing a great job testing your limit! This gotta be the worst furniture shopping experience or retail experience I have ever had! I will strongly recommend anyone NOT to buy from this company. Their design is great but with the amount of money they charge plus unbelievable bad service, it is a complete rip off!
ID
New York, New York
Service
Restoration Hardware Shipping Service
Pros
  • Beautiful design
Cons
  • Telephone customer service
  • Delivery service
  • Did not seem to care
Reason of review
Problem with delivery
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered