Verified Reviewer

Closets By Design - Fraud company

The woman that owns this or better yet does business as closet by design is con artist, in more ways than one.
ID
Niagara-On-The-Lake, Ontario
Pros
  • Talks a good game
Cons
  • Lazy workers
  • Bad work
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Verified Reviewer

McDonalds - Being disrespected by staff due to illness that prevents me from wearing a mask. HIPPA law violated.

I was approached by an McDonald's employee and asked to put on a mask, advised the staff due to my health conditions I am unable to wear one. After being nice about my disability to staff I was treated with disrespect, I was told they would not serve me, I repeated to the employee I would like to discuss this will your manger please have them come out. The manager came out said no mask no service, advised again my disability and the manager asks me what that was I explained that it was a HIPAA violation and the manager then went and got her personal phone and started to take pictures of me. And then I advised her she hadn't had my permission for that she then said it was for the guy behind me, we were at a safe distance and the guy behind myself had no problem with me not having a mask on at all. And asked not to be put into something she started. Then the many said, that she can do as she pleased per her franchise owner told her so, I advised I would have to call the police bc she took my picture with her personal camera for no reason and acted that she had every right. Then advised her I could also have the police brought in also to hear my side. I advised her that my doctor told me to advise people of the HIPAA law and if I was given a ticket from a police being pushed by a company that is violating my health risk by asking me to wear a mask I am unable to wear, And we would provide all documents to the judge and then sue McDonald's for allowing their employees to violate my rights. And refuse service due to a disability. So I advised again she told me She would serve me through the drive thru now explain how a driver of a18 wheeler semi is to use the drive thru, asked now I am supposed to my life in more danger and walk in the car line to the drive thru. No, that doesn't make sense at all the drive thru for one has a window of protection as much as the full body plexiglass the counter worker has, and if it's only to go carry out. No higher risk than the drive thru, also when asked why you're making a spectacle about me when you have employee wearing there make on their chins, drinking drinks while handle drive thru orders, also hair not pulled back no hair nets and gloves even grossed me out more. Let's play with our hair our face and cell phone with all the same gloves that are handling customers orders. Now to me that's more of a problem than me not wearing a mask due to a serious health reason. I do believe McDonald's makes so much money that they feel it's ok to treat people this way and not hold their own people or employee accountable for their protection to unsuspecting customers in the drive thru that didn't see what I saw. I just shake my head. Unbelievable be respectful to humans with rights and their disabilities during this crazy time. You're not above the law.

User's recommendation: Protest against McDonald’s, hold them accountable for there employee and franchise owners.

#1931389

Not reading all that, but if you have a disability that prevents you from wearing a mask, you really shouldnt be eating mcdonalds. You need to get someone to get it for you or make your own food. You are weak and unable to provide for yourself.

#1923761

You're out of line griping about this. They are not disobeying any known law by the practices you have described.

#1922619

Just stay away loser.

#1922369

HIPAA is for people who work in the medical field, and it says that they are not allowed to disclose information of patients. What you're trying to use in your defense is the ADA, the Americans with Disabilities Act.

The ADA requires accommodation, and is not a "free from whatever a business decides during a national pandemic" card - accommodation in this example IS taking your order in the drive thru.

They are a private business and are allowed to ask you to leave, as they offer an alternate solution to get you your precious fast food. Do your research, you clearly need it.

View more comments (3)