Simply Pure Water Treatment Systems - Promised that my water would be good for drinking and cooking again.

Update by user Jun 11, 2016

don't waste your money !!! Hire a reliable company

Original review posted by user Jun 10, 2016
I am an 80yo senior who lives on a fixed income and needed to refurbish my well water filtration tanks , but everyone that I contacted wanted in excess of $1000.00 to do so. I came across Diton Desena's ad for Simply Pure Water Treatment Systems and called to see if he was willing to come up to Gainesville to help me with my system , and he told me that he could and quoted me a price of $385 , which was great , however when he arrived , he told me that one of my tanks needed a new Valve and that it would be an additional $105.00 , which was still half of what was quoted to me by the other companies , so agreed upon $500 for the job. After completion of the work and being paid , Dilton told me that I should be able to ,once again , get many years of pure clean water , and if there was ANY problems , to contact him and he would rectify whatever was wrong. There was a much smaller inline filter after the bigger tanks that were refurbished , so we left it in place since I had recently purchased a case (24) filters and could be used as an additional precaution of keeping anything that might have not been filtered by the larger system tanks that Dilton had refurbished and he said that it wasn't really necessary , but since it was already in place , and I had the filters , why not. A week after Dilton refurbished my tanks , I had gone down to release the rust that accumulates in the holding tank and looked at the small filter while I was doing that and noticed that it was almost completely clogged up with rust and silt and carbon powder which I had assumed was stuff still not completely filtered by the larger tanks , and proceeded to change the small filter. The following week I again went down to release the rust , and once again , saw that my small filter was almost clogged up. I changed it again , but called Dilton to ask why there was so much stuff getting by the refurbished tanks , but he did not return my call. I subsequently called and called and sent him messages from his web site the following weeks , but to NO avail and the water is NOT drinkable nor am I able to cook with it ,and is staining my sinks and commodes and I am back to buying cases of bottled water, which is pretty much a chore for me since I have had both of my hips replaced and am not supposed to lift anything over 20 pounds (they weigh about 30 pounds each )..Unfortunately while picking up a few cases of water on February 8th , 2016, I had tripped on the sign that was in the middle of the pallet and fell head over heels on the concrete floor , sustaining many injuries on my left side, including one of the hips that was replaced causing me additional pain . Dilton did the work refurbishing my tanks on November 13th. 2015 but I have really not been able to use it after 2 weeks of being installed. I am not able to spend more money , to refurbish my tanks, so caution people to be careful when they contact SPWTS to do work for them if they expect quality , OR guaranteed promises .

I also bought a water softer from this company at first Dilton was very nice so I called him for amy well pump had now water. He came charges me a in two days I had no waters again. Now he will not respond and I am so do for by water softer to be treated but that will not get done.

ID
Gainesville, Florida
Service
Simply Pure Water Treatment Systems Water Filter Tank Refinishing Service
Cons
  • Did not honor guarantee
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution