Rentcollect Global - Collections and bullies

Update by user Jul 07, 2016

The full payment was made to the original source who told IQ Data International to back off. This does not resolve their actions. As soon as time permits I will report them to the appropriate government agency.

Original review posted by user Jun 01, 2016
This collection agency, IQ Data International, is the epitome of evil; breaking the dept collection act through intimidation and lies. This is standard for this industry. I am reporting them. Sadly, I had a lease debt reported to this collection agency which is located in Washington state. The fact is that they will say and do anything to get your money and even tack on illegal fees and interest. Why are they motivated? They get nothing is they collect nothing. The fact is you DO NOT have to deal with them. They lie to you and say you cannot do that. Do it! Any money they collect they get 50% or more of it. And the reality is they cannot do anything until they document their efforts for 90 days. So go back to your debt source and make a deal and stick with it. They will bully you. Take command of the conversation and tell them each time that they cannot call you and you will only accept correspondence in the mail. They broke the law and called me multiple times, at work, on my cell, to my HR department, to my wife, and even called my child. They broke the law and they scared my family with intimidation amounting to extortion. They had no intention of understanding the situation and blew off every excuse and refused to listen. Now that I when back to the source and paid the debt without fees and interest they hold nothing over me. Yet they continue to call which amounts to extortion. Their business ethics is repugnant and they should be punished.
ID
Los Angeles, California
Service
Rentcollect Global Debt Collection
Reason of review
Problems with payment

Shuttle2lax - They charge even when you're NOT picked up

Update by user Jul 07, 2016

After writing this review of multiple review sites and fighting through the credit card company. The credit card company said they would permanently provide the credit.

On Yelp the owner said he would grant the credit. But, unless they change their notification policy and provide a direct phone number to a live person this situation will happen again and again to others.

Original review posted by user Jun 01, 2016
In good faith we signed up for Shuttle2LAX. They provided no means to cancel or contact them in case of unforeseen problems. We panicked when we found out our flight was later than we thought. The website provides only email to contact them. I sent two emails to contact them that we would be late; one from their website and one from my gmail. They did not reply. They did not inform me that Shuttle2LAX was really Prime Time Shuttle. So even when we landed their was no way to find them; their people are Prime Time Shuttle and we were looking for Shuttle2LAX. Even the information desk at LAX never heard of them. We had to rent a car to get home. By all rights they should be responsible for that too. But they greedily charged us and refused to return our money for services we never received. They have unfair business practices and make it impossible to contact them.
ID
Los Angeles, California
Service
Shuttle2lax Shuttle Service
Cons
  • Leaving me helpless at lax
Reason of review