Verified Reviewer
Etsy - Rude seller cancelled order for no reason
Seller cancelled my order without even asking. She leaves details out of the description in which it says handmade but what she doesnt say is she send the items to a seamstress to be made so she is not making them. Estimated delivery was 2 weeks when first purchasing...
#2036596

"..... Or if you would prefer I can cancel your order....." This what your text message said.

She is giving you a choice here. Thist sentence does not states... I am cancelling your order. Maybe you misinterpreted what she wrote.

I cannot understand you not being happy since she continued to push the date further back. Totally understandable. I live in Texas and every thing really was shut down. I can attest to that.

We were in a lockdown and now , that we are 'open' my city which is a tourist type place has had 300,000 every weekend. My town is a popular tourist area and out population is about 50,000. We have experienced this since it was ok to go places. As far as this person having someone else making her items.

I know of someone who evidently buys things from others and resells them. The person I know and this person is not the same. I know that the main requirement is that all items must be homemade or vintage. This person does fit the homemade portion.

The item does not need to be made by the shop owner. I do not believe that is in the rules. I cannot speak for the person who was selling to you. She does not work for Etsy so, in a sense Etsy cannot be blamed.

If she was employed by them then, yes that would be an Etsy issue. Life was crazy during the pandemic because everything was shut down. Parents in Texas could not go to work because schools and daycares were closed. Lots of parents had tons of issues.

This was a nightly thing on the news.

Hopefully, the people got vaccinated and Delta will not be as bad. Unfortunately, the current news says it is already rising for unvaccinated people.

View more comments
ID
Product
Etsy Salena Herring Profile
Pros
  • No pros
Cons
  • Was giving unprofessional excuses
  • Did the opposite of what was asked
  • Seller was rude
Preferred solution