Resolved: NEVER Give Christus Health Insurance Your Bank Information

NEVER Give Christus Health Insurance Your Bank Information
Christus Health Insurance withdrew $1217 from my account IN ERROR yesterday, 5/16. I spoke with customer service and was told it would be fixed within 24-48 hrs (which is bad enough). As of this morning I had not gotten my money back, though my $265 monthly payment check has been cashed. Now they are telling me it’s going to be 5-7 days to get my $1,217 back. Taking $1,217 could result in hundreds of dollars of overdraft fees. This is not just “inconvenient”. What if my rent check was due? What if I had an emergency? What if I need to buy groceries? I've only got about $100 left in my checking account after this fraudulent charge. I have emailed them asking to a) Give me my money back NOW. b) Delete every piece of financial information they have about me in their accounts. I do NOT want these people having access to my bank account. No one has replied. I hate sounding like a ranting lunatic, but for a company to take $1,200 out of your bank account IN ERROR and then not put it back for 5-7 business days is disastrous for some of us. Never give these people your bank account info. When I spoke with the first customer service agent, she immediately recognized my problem. Apparently it happens frequently.
Resolved
ID
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Service
Christus Health Health Insurance
Cons
  • Being wrongly charged 1200
Reason of review