Harveys Furniture - Cheated on the delivery process, delay claims and poor quality of product and sale

I. ordered. 5 pieces of. sofa. and 6-chair dining table. from them in December 2018. while taking payment of more than £5,000. they promised the delivery or sofa in 16 weeks. after 12 weeks in March 2019. their sales guys call me and say that they have a problem with their shipment from China. it will take another 16 weeks. but I will be. eligible for compensation of delay. when I asked him how much is the compensation they said we cannot tell you unless we deliver you. they refused to share their policy of delay before delivery. after another 18 weeks of wait. they delivered me the wrong product. On complaining about that. they said they will replace. the wrong product. with the correct product will take them another 16 weeks. They allowed me to continue using the wrong product. saying that it will not affect my compensation rights after a wait of another 20 weeks. if I needed neither right product. making it almost. 52 weeks off today. what's the delivery the final product and I asked him about you know what would they do about my 1-year long wait. he came back and told me that as per the policy they will give me a compensation off. £72. After using my money of around £5K for 52 weeks, making me wait for 1 year and offer me a compensation of £72/- for 52 weeks delay. I find it a scam since they refused to share with me the compensation or delay refund policy before delivery and upon delivery come up with meanless reasoning to not or refuse to accept responsibility such as the delay was due to shipping company, you were provided with an alternative product to use and the list goes on....... After this ordeal, 26 weeks later, the sofa has dismantled into a very un useable shape due to manufacturing defect & poor quality workmanship....which they flatly refuse to accept and say since you did not buy our insurance policy ( which was priced at almost £500/-) we will not be doing anything about it...in other words asking me to throw the sofa away.

User's recommendation: I have been cheated and buy from them if you are up for burning your money.

ID
Romford, England
Service
Harveys Furniture Delivery Service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution