Verified Reviewer

Premier Chicago Movers - Unprofessional, potentially illegal moving company

Update by user Aug 20, 2020

Both Premier Chicago Movers and CSI (independent company that handled claim) will not communicate; ignoring ongoing requests for the Bill of Lading which is my legal right.Their proposed $100+ settlement window closes 8/31 so I'm assuming they are trying to ignore me until that closes.

Update by user Aug 20, 2020

Audio recording of CSI staff claims person stating the move was illegal is available upon request.Audio of mover requesting 70% instead of agreed up 60% available upon request.Audio of mover showing me previous customers driver's license and credit card on his phone to valid that is the used payment method availabe (but hard to understand).Handwritten inventory sheet copy available.

Original review posted by user Aug 20, 2020
I am reporting a horrible moving experience and clear violation of my rights that I had with Premier Chicago Movers and A&F. Initially they were late picking up items and moved the date a couple times. I was flexible with this but when they finally arrived the process just got worse. I tried my best to understand but there was a significant language barrier. The movers did try but I dont understand Spanish and the process was not clearly explained. When loading the truck, the mover noted that there is supposed to be a form for him to complete on inventory and bill of lading. He didnt have either of those things so took a piece of paper and wrote my item numbers and brief description. This didnt seem right and I questioned it and he said he didnt know and brushed it off. I requested a copy of the form he made highlighting my items and he refused, giving me nothing. I requested the Bill of Lading or any documentation of pick up, agreement, etc and he refused. They left with my items on the truck and gave me nothing. Upon arrival to my location almost 3 weeks later, late again, a different mover brought in the handwritten piece of paper and told me to check off the items during the process. I was shocked..especially when many items were badly damaged. The mover did not provide me his name or any identifying information and made me pay him cash before giving my items. He didnt give me a receipt or provide me an option for change as I had overpaid. I asked about these damages (ex. Brought in my bike in 3 pieces-destroyed an expensive race bike); he said file a claim. No paperwork was ever given to me as well during this process and I literally have no legal documentation of the move. I attempted to file a claim with CSI and it took weeks for them to move on it as they said the move was illegal due to no bill of lading. Premier Chicago eventually sent a picture of a Bill of lading but it was impossible to read and just a snapshot with a camera. I dont feel it was even mine as it never existed until then. In an email chain, CSI refused to proceed until Premier Chicago said they were going to call him. I dont know what was said on that call but the process moved forward after that. No bill of lading was ever produced after multiple requests. I am still requesting this and have documentation and a recorded phone call for your review for proof. They offered me a little over $100 for a settlement on items damaged worth well over $2200. Now the company or CSI wont return my email requests for the Bill of Lading or any communication whatsoever...assuming because my window to accept the proposed $100ish settlement closes soon and they likely want me to disappear.

User's recommendation: Avoid this company or file Federal claims if you have already been scammed.

ID
Service
Premier Chicago Movers Moving Service
Cons
  • Illegal practices
  • No communication
  • Unprofessional
Loss