Frys Electronics - Ripped off by Fry's

purchased a HP Computer from Fry's in December for a Christmas present. About 2 week of using the computer, it developed a problem. it took around 20 minutes to start-up. We brought the computer back to Fry's and they told us there was something wrong with the computer and it wasn't working correctly. We were talked into exchanging the computer for the same one. They told us there they've never had a problem with this computer & it was a very good one. 3 weeks into owning the new computer we had the same problem. We took it to the service area as before and they checked it out and told us we could return it. We then had to take it to the return area for exchange or return. That's when Fry's became unbearable. They told us that we could not return it because it was past the 30 days when it was not past the 30 days on the 2nd computer. They told us we would have to pay them around $240.00 for thier warranty in order for us to exchange that computer. They had me leaving in tears. I spent $1,100.00 on this computer that is defective. ( I know that I can go to the manufacturer but I wanted Fry's to honor the return) When we brought back the 1st computer they told us we could bring the new one back if we have any problems. They flat out lied to us. Their excuse was that we had made an even exchange so the new computer doesn't count as "NEW". I feel that they just wanted more money from me. I will never shop at Fry's again. I'm sorry that I had to even give them 1 star. I do not have a scanner to include my receipt.
ID
Encino, California
Product
Frys Electronics Warranty
Cons
  • Only wanted me to pay more
  • Untrained to help
  • Service
Reason of review