Junior Reviewer

French Connection - Avoid This Company; Selling Faulty Goods and Show Utter Discontent for Customers!

Update by user Feb 20, 2018

French Connection stated a would receive a response; two weeks later I have just received a threatening email from French Connection in Hong Kong and I am appaulled and disgusted and some what frightened by the tone of the message. How dare they tell me who to and not to contact.

I am entitled to contact who I want, when I want and I am entitled to freedom of speech and I feel the shareholders of the French Connection Group (FCCN) are entitled to know how they portray their name.

I have been threatened with regards to dropping this case and I am now making a complaint with the police in regards to threatening behaviour whilst there is an ongoing court case. I will be passing a copy of my reply and their message onto The Small Claims Court in Hong Kong and the shareholders of the French Connection Group (FCCN) as this type of threatening behaviour is not acceptable.

Update by user Feb 05, 2018

I received a message from French Connection on the 22nd January 2018 French Connection stating a would receive a response; two weeks later I have just received a threatening email from French Connection in Hong Kong and I am appaulled and disgusted and some what frightened by the tone of the message. How dare they tell me who to and not to contact.

I have been threatened with regards to dropping this case and I am now making making a complaint with the police in regards to threatening behaviour whilst there is an ongoing court case. I will be passing a copy of my reply and their message onto The Small Claims Court in Hong Kong and the shareholders of the French Connection Group (FCCN) as this type of threatening behaviour is not acceptable.

Original review posted by user Jan 21, 2018
I advise all customers to avoid this brand due to the poor quality of their goods and the total discontent they show to their customers and reading many of the reviews below I am not the only customer to feel this way. I purchased a women’s black jacket from French Connection in Hong Kong. The price of the item was $799.00 HKD unfortunately, I no longer have proof of purchase as I paid cash for the item and disposed of the receipt but as I am a loyalty card holder for this store then my purchase details should be held on my account. I would also like to add when I purchased the product I asked the sales assistant for a brand new jacket not one that had been on display so I assumed that the member of staff would have checked the product before bringing it out to me before I paid for the garment. This item had not been worn and all the tags are still in place stating the name of the company and the price of $799.00 HKD but when I took it out of my closet to wear it there is tear down one of the sleeves. I certainly would not have expected this from a company such as French Connection. I returned the item via registered post to *** in Hong Kong and asked them to investigate the matter but even though I have tried to resolve this matter with them they refused to deal with it and were insistent in returning the faulty item back to me. I heard nothing from them so I sent a further letter via registered post and as I still heard nothing from them I made a claim with the Small Claims Tribunal Ordinance and forwarded the documentation advising them of this; I received no acknowledgement or reply. Then with one week to the court case I sent them a further email giving them the opportunity to bring this matter to a close by accepting an exchange even though I had requested a refund but again I received no acknowledgement or reply. Three days prior to the court case I received via email a copy of their defense stating that the company cited in court is incorrect and the company does not exist; even though their name is on the tags attached to the garment and at the bottom of all the correspondence I have received. When we got to court it became apparent they are operating under different companies and choose which one suits them to which they operate under. They also stated in their defence that this item could have been purchased elsewhere but as the tags on the item state the *** name on it and the price was in Hong Kong Dollars so this was proof it had been bought in Hong Kong and could not have been bought elsewhere. As a loyalty card holder I believe this transaction would be on my record against my telephone number and would act as proof of purchase but as a customer I do not have access to this; I am unaware if the transaction has been recorded or could have been intentionally moved. I asked for a copy of my account records at the hearing but my request was refused by ***. The court case was then adjourned as the Judge requested *** locate proof of my loyalty card transactions and send it to me. This was subsequently sent to me but the details did not relate to me; this can be proven by the visas I have been issued by the Immigration Department in Hong Kong. Ironically no details relating to my loyalty programme have been provided, all the details that have been supplied in the statement relate to a period prior when I was residing elsewhere. Ironically the email address provided was not correct and this can be proven as this is the email address *** have being using to communicate with me; this was raised at the next court hearing. The adjudicator asked the representative from *** to confirm if the fault on the jacket was a manufacturers fault or part of the design; she confirmed it was a manufacturers fault. The court asked *** to go back to the manufacturer and come up with a resolution as the *** representative had admitted it was a manufacturers fault but they now state the manufacturer is no longer in business. I have asked for the name and address of the manufacturer they claim is no longer in business so I can do my own checks but they state they do not have to give it to me. At the next court hearing they claimed they no longer had a connection to the store I purchased the faulty item from but on again my own investigations the reason they gave this excuse was because that particular branch had closed down on the 1st December 2017. On the 16th December 2017 in my frustration I sent an email of formal complaint to Mr. Neil Williams the Chief Operations Officer and I received a reply apologising that I felt the need to contact him and he would investigate the matter and get back to me; six weeks later I am still waiting on that reply. Throughout this whole process I have continually been given false information by ***. I advise all customers to avoid this brand and their products as my situation is clearly an example of the utter discontent they have for their customers because if their Chief Operations Manager cannot have the courtesy to respond and allows his company’s reputation to be dragged through the courts along with the costs they are incurring it is hardly surprising that for the last nine consecutive years French Connection have made a loss. I have been more than amicable in trying to resolve this matter even willing to accept an exchange rather than a refund but *** have acted obstinately in my attempt to resolve this matter. I recommend customers spend their money where they are made to feel like a valued customer.
French Connection Jacket
Cons
  • Selling faulty goods and show utter discontent for customers
Junior Reviewer

Resolved: DKNY - Despicable Customer Service!

Update by user Sep 30, 2017

After contacting The Division of Consumer Protection (DCP) in New York a part refund was received from DKNY and the remaining amount from FedEx.

Update by user Sep 30, 2017

I went to return it to the store but it had closed down two weeks previously but even now after notifying DKNY they have not removed it from their website. Instead of wasting anymore of my time I chose to send the item via registered packet at my expense along with a covering letter and proof of purchase to their head Office In New York, USA. Upon receiving the item I was contacted by a DKNY representative telling me that there was no receipt included. I can assure you the receipt was wrapped in the faulty garment.

I was offered a repair; the garment was not repairable and under Cap 26 of the Sales of Goods Ordinance in Hong Kong as the item was sold to me as brand new the item has to be clear of defects (including minor defects) and should be faultless but DKNY did not feel they had to adhere to this. They offered me the sum of $25.00 USD which I refused as this left me $273.00 USD out of pocket. DKNY then chose to repair the item anyway and post it back to me via FedEx but I did not receive the registered package. I then had to go through numerous abusive, rude and threatening emails and in one telephone call from their representatives who were insistent that either myself or a member of staff in my building had hold of the package; which we didn't they reduced me to tears with their behaviour.

I even resorted to contacting their CEO who doesn't even have the courtesy of acknowledging, responding or to pass my email on to a member of staff who can reply on his behalf. After numeous months of dealing with DKNY and no resolution I contacted the Division of Consumer Protection (DCP) in New York; who's first response from DKNY was that they should not deal with me as I do not live in the USA even though they are happy to take business and money for goods from people living outside the USA as well as FedEx to investigate the matter. It appears the package had been delivered to another address and FedEx were unable to recover it. On enquiring on how I recovered my costs for the lost item it appears a member of staff at DKNY had fraudulently declared the item as only costing $10.00 USD; I was not aware DKNY sold anything costing in the region of $10.00 USD.

The Division of Consumer Protection (DCP) in New York and FedEx continually contacted DKNY as they had been refunded the $10.00 USD they claimed the item was worth and the shipping costs but I had been refunded nothing. Eventually I received an email from DKNY offering me $200.00 USD to bring this matter to close; I accepted although I did only recceived $192.00 USD as DKNY requested I picked up the processing fee not them when transferring the payment. FedEx agreed to pay the additional $98.00 USD so I was not out of pocket. At the time I was suffering with a severe illness and going through treatment and DKNY were aware of this but still ignored my requests to resolve this matter.

Now it have been resolved and proved that I was not a liar and did not have the package I have requested on two occassions in writing for a full apology but they do not have the courtesy or manners to provide me with one. I advise others do not buy from this company they sell faulty goods and have despicable customer service.

Original review posted by user May 25, 2017
I purchased a piece of knitwear from DKNY, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. When I took it out of my closet to wear and I went to remove the tags I noticed the garment had started to fray along the side and had a large hole. I went to return it to the store but it had closed down two weeks previously but even now after notifying DKNY they have not removed it from their website. Instead of wasting anymore of my time I chose to send the item via registered packet at my expense along with a covering letter and proof of purchase to their head Office In New York, USA. Upon receiving the item I was contacted by a DKNY representative that there was no receipt included. I can assure you the receipt was wrapped in the faulty garment. I have been offerred a repair; the garment is not repairable and under Cap 26 of the Sales of Goods Ordinance in Hong Kong as the item was sold to me as brand new the item has to be clear of defects (including minor defects) and should be faultless but DKNY do not feel they have to adhere to this. They have offerred me the sum of $25.00 which I have refused as this leaves me $273.00 out of pocket. I have received rude and threatenting emails from their representative and have even resorted to contacting their CEO who doesn't even have the courtesy of acknowledging, responding or to pass my email on to a member of staff who can reply on his behalf. I am currently sufferring with a severe illness and going through treatment and DKNY are aware of this but still ingnore my requests to resolve this matter. I find this absoulutly appaulling and astounding under the circumstances especially as Donna Karen herself is the founder of the Urban Zen Foundation and her own husband sufferred with cancer. I would assume DKNY would offer some compassion obviously not. I advise others do not buy from this company they sell faulty goods and have despicable customer service.
Dkny Clothing
Cons
  • Customer service

Revolve - Https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/58ede2b7f32d0d0a9cd6cbd6

I returned two faulty items to Revolve which I purchased from them online along with a copy of the receipt attached. One of the items had not even been worn and still had the tags on the garment and one had been worn once. I have had other problems with this particular brand when purchased from Revolve but never when I purchase from the company direct which makes me think they are selling rejects. I requested a full refund due to the poor quality of the items and I would have even accepted accepted a store credit but I was told by the Customer Service Department to either contact my credit card company for a refund or the company direct. I pointed out this was not correct as my contract was with Revolve; I heard nothing from them so I contacted them for an update on my returned items. I was told they had been returned to me but what Revolve had failed to do was return it to the correct address. I had emailed them on the 30th March 2017 to tell them of a change of address but they posted it to my old address on the 8th April 2017. Even though I have forwarded them the email advising them of my change of address thy state they have not received it and when I forwarded it to them they accused me of amending the email. I have now made a complaint against Revolve with the State of California Department of Justice. I advise all customers to avoid this company and purchase from elsewhere. Their clothes are of a poor quality and even concerns me that they are rejects. Their Customer Service staff are rude and unhelpful with after care lacking; spend you money with a company where it is appreciated. Edit
Cerritos, California
Service
Revolve Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service
Bad quality
Junior Reviewer

Surfstitch - Avoid This Company; Selling Faulty Goods and Despicable Customer Service!

I purchased the faulty garement on the 23rd November 2014. On the 23rd March 2017 I had to return 2 faulty garments back to Surfstitch one a Rip Curl Mimosa Dress purchased on the 24th April 2014 and one the Billabong Alyriah Skirt - Indigo; neither item had been worn, still with the tags attached but had clear faults. I subsequently received an email confirming the Rip Curl Mimosa Dress purchased on the 23rd November 2014 had been refunded to me in full. I then received an email confirming they could not refund the Billabong Alyriah Skirt - Indigo as it was returned out of their return policy even though the Billabong Alyriah Skirt was purchased after the Rip Curl Mimosa Dress which I had received a refund for. I have asked the company to offer an explanation but they will not give me a definitive response apart from below: I am unable to process a refund on this item that you sent as the Rip Curl dress was not meant to be processed on our end, and lucky for you that it was :) There is no consistency in their returns policy. I have asked to pass this matter to a superior but the person I have been dealing with refuses to pass my details on. I have now raised a complaint with the Consumer Council in their state.
Burleigh Heads, Queensland
Cons
  • Faulty goods and inconsistency in returns policy
Junior Reviewer

DKNY - Overcharged and Unable To Get A Refund!

I purchased an item from DKNY for the sum of 131.00 USD when I received my credit card statement they had taken the sum of 292.03 USD meaning I had been overcharged the sum of 161.03 USD. I sent the customer service department an email but received a reply telling me I would have to call them, this I did and spent 30 minutes on the phone from Hong Kong speaking to several members of staff including a supervisor but they were unable to trace my order. I subsequently sent then an email attaching a copy of the bill and the order form which accompanied the item. I received a reply advising me I would receive a reply with 1-2 days, 10 days later I have not had the courtesy of an acknowledgement or a response.
ID
Cons
  • Overcharge and unable to get the money refunded
Pricing issue

Max And Co - Sold Faulty Goods

I purchased a top from Max & Co. IFC store, Hong Kong. When I took it out of my closed to wear when I went to remove the tags I noticed a very large hole on the back of the item. I returned it to the store and was told it would be sent to their head office and I would receive a refund or a credit note and I would receive a telephone call when it was ready. I then received a telephone call and was advised they would be repairing the item. Firstly the hole is far too large to be repaired and secondly I purchased a brand new, faultless product and I am not prepared to accept a product with a flaw. I asked the person I spoke with to get a superior to call me back but I heard nothing. I then received an email days later addressed to the incorrect person. If I address a formal complaint I would appreciate it if they have the courtesy of getting my name correct. Secondly I am unsure if the garment has been inspected; it has a large hole in the floral material and is irreparable. I also purchased a brand new item and I expect to receive a brand new item not a defective one. Do not buy from this company they sell faulty goods and have despicable customer service.
Max And Co Top
Cons
  • Faulty goods
Junior Reviewer

Resolved: Revolve - Faulty Goods!

I returned a Gypsy 05 Smalti Long Sleeve Mini Dress which I purchased from them online (a copy of the receipt was attached). The price of the product was 1028.50 HKD. This item has been worn once and cleaned as per the instructions on the label but the material has bobbled and pilled. This is the second time I have had to return a Gypsy 05 dress to them for exactly the same reason. I certainly would not have expected this to happen a second time. I requested a full refund of the sum of 1028.50 HKD's or a store credit due to the poor quality of this item and the company's failure to monitor the standard of its products but they have refused.
Gypsy 05 Dress
Cons
  • Customer service
Junior Reviewer

Resolved: Liquido Active - Poor Quality Products and Despicable Customer Service!

Liquido Active - Poor Quality Products and Despicable Customer Service!
Liquido Active - Poor Quality Products and Despicable Customer Service!
Update by user Oct 28, 2017

A second pair of leggings I have purchased from this company which have split. I have contacted the company who have referred the matter to their Australian Office but they do not have the courtesy to acknowledge or respond to this issue.

Avoid this company at all costs as I will never purchase from them again. I will be passing the matter to Australian Competition & Consumer Commission to deal with this matter on my behalf.

Original review posted by user Apr 29, 2016
I contacted their customer service department in relation to a faulty pair of leggings I bought. I absolutely love the leggings but I am very unhappy with the quality as they split on one of the inside legs. I wore the leggings twice and washed them as per the washing instructions on the label. As a yoga instructor I would not have expected this. I have contacted the company via their website and as instructed returned them to the USA, I have now been told over one month later I should have returned them to Australia. The matter has now been passed to the company in Australia and I have repeatedly been asked for information that have already been provided to the USA; nobody appears to have the common sense to pass the information on. They now state they cannot find record of my purchase and can do nothing. I advise everybody to avoid this company as there after care service is none existent and the customer service staff are rude and unhelpful. I will not be purchasing from this company ever again I will spend my money with a reputable company such as Lululemon whose products can be trusted and their customer service is professional.

Wow for a pair of leggings? You must be really poor.

@Anonymous

Anonymous would you care to elaborate on your comment as nowhere in my post does it state how much I paid for this product so as you have chosen to remain anonymous I can only guess you have some affiliation to Liquido Active.

View more comments (1)
Liquido Active Leggings
Junior Reviewer
I purchased three items from Tillys for International shipping to Hong Kong: all their orders are dispatched via Borderfree. When they arrived I kept one item, one was defective and the other unsuitable. I chose rather than returning the items through a third party...
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Cons
  • Incompentant customer service staff
Pricing issue