Verizon - Unauthorized Debit

Im writing regarding Verizon withdrawing $736.02 from my checking account after I returned the phone within the 14 days to try the phone and service. I only used the phone for 3 days. The phone was in pristine condition, and at the time, I asked the representative (Travis Pierce) for a receipt and he said We dont give receipts. You have to contact Customer Service at 1-80*-922-****. I asked again for some note, receipt or invoice indicating I returned the phone WITH NO DAMAGE in its condition from the factory. I only used the phone for a few days and decided it wasnt a phone I wanted. So again I asked for something to prove that I returned the phone. He (Representative Travis Pierce) told me customer service will refund all of your money since youre not on a contract. He looked over the phone and noted that it was in factory condition. He further stated my refund would come from Verizon in the mail. I then left the store feeling uneasy because, having worked in a customer service environment, I know a receipt of some kind is needed to get a refund. And sure enough, I have a debit (unauthorized on my Associated Bank checking account) for a phone I returned and NEVER SIGNED A CONTRACT. Today, 08/03/2020 I received a letter from Loss Prevention, at my bank , (SEE BELOW) needed information: CONFIRMATION THE PRODUCT(S) RECEIVED FROM THE ABOVE MERCHANT HAS BEEN RETURNED. CONFIRMATION INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TO: METHOD OF RETURN. CONFIRMATION INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TO, METHOD OF RETURN, DATE OF RETURN, AND RETURN CONFIRMATION NUMBER (OR A PHOTO COPY OF THE RETURN SHIPPING LABEL., and that OUR RECORDS INDICATE THE TRANSACTION WAS AUTHORIZED; THEREFORE, WE HAVE DETERMINED AN ERROR DID NOT OCCUR. I am very dissatisfied with Verizon and my bank that more wasnt done to get my money back. I realize my bank didnt or couldnt get a receipt because I had a hard time too; however, I spent 3 hours on the phone with Verizon and ALSO drove to Verizon, demanding some kind of invoice. Today, (on the phone) the Verizon Customer Service Representative, Earl @ 3:06pm, and another colleague of his, submitted necessary documentation, including the fact that Verizon needs to give a refund this unauthorized debit, and to give receipts showing item, cost, date, condition of device, etc. to the customer.

User's recommendation: Be certain to get copies, receipts and date, cost.

ID
#2096347 Review #2096347 is a subjective opinion of poster.
West Bend, Wisconsin