Verified Reviewer

Resolved: GEICO - Increase in umbrella policy premium

Update by user Jul 26, 2020

I called and was helped by another agent with the Geico umbrella policy. They did a policy review, and the explanation of the increase was much clearer.

My daughter is considered a youthful operation, but when she turns 25 this year, we'll be able to return to our regular rates. Glad that I pursued this, as I really like Geico as a whole!.

Original review posted by user Jul 26, 2020
Last year we obtained an umbrella policy with Geico for $389 for the year. We just received a bill to renew the policy for $642. Unbelievable 65% increase. When I called to question this, the agent said that the increased rate is due to the rising cost of medical expenses in Colorado. I am shocked and disappointed in Geico as a company for doing this. It is completely unacceptable, and we will be shopping for a different car insurance and umbrella policy today.

User's recommendation: Don't purchase an umbrella policy from Geico!

#1900722

Geico insurance has never been the cheapest. Always best to get quotes from other companies, but stay away from online companies like Progressive, etc. Find one with a local agent so if you have a problem you can sit down and discuss it with him.

Resolved
ID
#2081537 Review #2081537 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Geico Premium Auto Insurance
Pros
  • Good customer service with claims and fair car insurance rates
Cons
  • Unreasonable rates for umbrella policies
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution