Advanced Reviewer

AVOID Especially Yours Wigs - RIPOFF, SCAMMERS, FALSE ADVERTISERS!!

This is the most unethical company on the web. Not only are their agents rude, the wigs are overpriced and substandard quality. In addition to that, NONE of the wigs I bought even remotely look like pictures online or in their catalog and they cannot be styled to look like the pictures. The hair looks like something you would find on a doll at the Dollar Store. If you return a wig and use their label, they charge $8 or even a "restocking fee" of $19. I've spent close to $300 for several of their wigs (thinking and hoping I'd hit on a "good one") and I didn't. They are all about taking your money and they don't care one bit about customer service. What a major waste of money. LESSON LEARNED! Buyer beware.
ID
Cons
  • Wigs are not as pictured
  • Poor quality wigs
  • False advertising
Bad quality

Update by user Jul 15, 2017

Tom Jackson (picture shown) was the Broker In Charge at Gateway when this happened. He was made aware of the swindle. Paulette Gosden-Tumbarello and Tom Jackson are both now with Charter One Realty.

Original review posted by user Jul 08, 2017
This woman works for Charter One Realty of Hilton Head Island, SC. She failed to work for me as her client and swindled me out of my home. Not only did she insist I spend $12K to stage my house but when I didn't, she under priced it, refused to make a counter-offer and rushed to close the sale thereby eliminating other potential buyers from having an opportunity to bid. When I said I would not show up for the closing she not only gave that information to the buyers' agent, Mary Aiana Weisbrod, she said I would be sued by them. She took a profit of $6K and made sure I paid Mary . I actually lost money on the sale of my house and Paulette left me homeless. When I wrote about it on Zillow, she had her friend Attorney Thomas J. Finn of Hilton Head Island send me a threatening letter. I filed a complaint with the SC Board of Licensing.

All realtors are terrible, be on your guard and ask them upfront for their insurance for errors and omission, that means lies haha they all lie.

Bluffton, South Carolina
Service
Charter One Realty Realtor
Cons
  • Being swindled
$20000

Advanced Reviewer

Toshiba should be out of business!!

My laptop had a 1 year warranty. No problems except the DVD drive started sticking. At times it wouldn't open and DVDs were stuck in it. I called Toshiba and spoke to a foreigner who could barely speak English. I cleary explained I had no "birus" and there was nothing wrong with my "bindows"; I ony needed the DVD drive repaired. They very strong suggested I pay the $29.99 for shipping. When I got my laptop back they had completely wiped the hard drive and set it to Toshiba default. I lost a lot of vital information. I could not even navigate to Google, Yahoo or AOL. If that wasn't bad enough, the DVD drive wasn't repaired and still was sticking. I called them back and they told me "sorry but this time it will surely be replaced with a new DVD drive." Within a little over a week, I got my computer back with the same non-working DVD drive. The reason I know for a fact they didn't replace it was because I purposely marked the defective one. I spoke to about 7 different people and English was not their first language. Can you say "outsourcing"?Of course there is nothing they could do about my lost data except tell me to back it up in the future. I don't know what the *** software has to do with a DVD drive. This company sucks and the customer service is worse. I will NEVER buy another Toshiba product.
Bluffton, South Carolina
Product
Toshiba Laptop
Cons
  • Customer service reps
  • Poor customer service
  • Lying and poor customer serice
Damaged or defective

Hilton Head TV Repair

Hilton Head TV Repair
Update by user May 05, 2017

Owner John Barlow told me the part would last the life of the television. The television works fine but the sound is gone again.

It lasted barely a year.

It is little wonder that he refused to give me a receipt and a bill identifying exactly what part was replaced. http://hiltonheadtvrepair.com/

Original review posted by user Mar 17, 2016
Overcharges for service call and parts. $140 first time for an estimate and an additional $60 to install the part. He could have just said he charges $200. John Barlow (843.247.6202) is the owner with several locations. He didn't bring a receipt book with him and said he would mail it. I called him 4 times in a month and it was always "I forgot". This last time, he said it was an "inconvenience to buy a stamp and finding a mail box". Pretty unethical, I'd say. If you need your television repaired, DO NOT use Hilton Head TV Repair. Steer clear.
ID
#811910 Review #811910 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Cons
  • Poor customer service
Pricing issue

Advanced Reviewer

Sedgwick - Sandy Liles ignored maltreatment by Nurses Millicent Nelson & Stuart Henry

I was severely mistreated by Millicent Nelson and Stuart Henry at Trident Eye Surgery Center in Charleston, SC. It has resulted in permanently damaged eyesight. This was brought to the attention of Sandy Liles and she was rude, disrespectful and dismissive. She claimed they "did nothing wrong" but David T. Vroman, MD admitted they did and said he would file a complaint and later, very cowardly, refused. I asked Sandy for my medical records and she blatantly refused and hung up. This was reported to R. Milton Johnson, the CEO of HCA who hired Sedgwick to review my claim. They have all just ignored my claims and the nurses got away with causing permanent damage to my eyesight.
Memphis, Tennessee
Cons
  • Cover up for nurses neglect

Advanced Reviewer

Coastal Home Inspection Services - Careless Inspection - Do Not Trust!

They were hired to inspect a house before purchase. While it is appreciated that they boast they "are the only home inspection company in the area that checks irrigation", they left the water on. I received a $52 water bill for 9 days of service! That is neglectful. I live in an area where the people are elderly so I doubt my neighbors would have tampered with it. In addition, they missed a leak in the shower from the wall as well as poorly installed sliding glass doors. These doors are lopsided and have allowed pests to enter. When I had an installer come out to check them, without any guidance from me, he walked straight to the opening that should have been obvious to any professional inspecting the premises. I received an estimate of $3220 to replace the doors because they cannot be repaired and I have no idea what the cost will be to remove the slab-stone wall to repair the shower.

Dear Customer,

As I stated earlier, it is very unfortunate that you are dissatisfied. And while I will not likely convince you that your concerns are misplaced, I will at least respond (this will be the last) to expose your commentary as unreasonable and without credibility.

You did in fact send an email on Dec. 1st as you stated, (I never said that you didn’t). And I responded to your email with a phone call to you on the morning of December 3rd after I had seen the email. Therefore, your statement that “there was no response” is false.

We spoke at length regarding these issues. Unfortunately, you didn’t like my answers so you chose to write this negative commentary. However, as I stated before, we were not the last to touch the irrigation system, so it’s not possible for us to have left it on. Second, we did have some issues with the Master shower that should have been reviewed further based on our inspection.

And third, a gecko getting into your sunroom does not constitute a door in need of replacement.

The door was in fact operating properly and showed no signs of air or water infiltration. My wish is for you to have a nice Holiday and a wonderful new year in 2016.

@Owner

You never called me on December 3 or any other day. Rather than call you a liar, I will just say you are confused as to whom you spoke to because it certainly wasn't me.

Regarding the sliding glass doors, it wasn't "a gecko"; it has been several.

Don't try to minimize your neglect. Two installers have described it as "very poorly installed sliding glass patio doors doors" which need to be replaced.

Both showed me that the doors are lop-sided and one actually pointed out how they were crudely, manually, "cut to fit" resulting in the shoddy installation.

According to them: "Header is sitting on top of the stationary", "rollers on stationary", "bottom sill has a bow", "cannot remove stationary using suction cup", "metal frame needs to be replaced", "unable to slide screen", "several 'starter'/'hesitation' holes in glass door" (due to attempts being made to align".

At any rate, you should have noticed a large 2 inch gap that slanted to 1/2 inch.

My complaint is justified and stands.

I hope you have a nice holiday as well and a happy 2016.

#1081999

Dear Customer,

I stumbled across this post from you regarding your home inspection conducted by our company. While I am very sorry that you have experienced frustration over some conditions present at your home, I am equally sorry that your assessment of the problems is so misguided and your frustration towards our company very much misplaced.

As we discussed on the phone weeks ago when you called, the $52 first month water bill you refer to is NOT the result of our negligence. In fact, our inspection is what identified the broken head of the irrigation system at your home. This was reported so that it could be repaired and my understanding is that someone came to fix the problem. Hence, the repair person was the last one to touch the irrigation system, not us.

Any concern over leaving the system “on “should be directed at them, not the Inspector who uncovered the problem to begin with. Regarding the water issue in the shower, staining was reported on the flooring of the bedroom behind the Master bathroom as well as cracks in the tile of the Master shower itself. Pictures were included in the report to support these findings. This too was reported so that it could be repaired.

The other parties to the contract (Buyer, Seller, Realtor for Buyer, and Realtor for Seller) should then have negotiated repair of this item to your satisfaction. If that repair was not made, again your frustration should be directed at them not the Inspector who uncovered and reported on the issue in the beginning. As Home Inspectors, we can only report the defects identified. We can’t ensure that you read it, or that action is taken between Sellers and Buyers to remedy these issues to your satisfaction.

While it may be unfortunate that these items were not followed up on to your benefit, your negative commentary is directed at the wrong party.

FYI: Coastal Home Inspection Services has no less than hundreds of glowing comments from past inspection clients over a 10 year period stating that we are the best Inspectors they have ever worked with. All are plainly visible on our website.

These clients not only appreciate our reporting of the defects at their home but also understand that it is not our responsibility to initiate and ensure repairs to those items identified.

@Owner

First of all, before any complaint was written publicly, an email was sent to your office manager Jacque on December 1 expressing my concerns. There was no response.

In addition, your response very conveniently does not address the oversight of the two most costly repairs - the obviously poorly installed patio sliding glass doors and leaking shower. As so-called "professionals" these should have been noted in your report.

"Staining on the bedroom floor" and "cracks in the GROUT" are no where near the shower pipe that is leaking.

It is of little importance to me that you have "hundreds of glowing comments from past inspection clients over a 10 year period". That has no bearing on the neglectful report you submitted to me.

View more comments (3)
Service
Coastal Home Inspection Services Home Inspection
Cons
  • Missed costly repairs
Bad quality

Advanced Reviewer

Hospital Corporation Of America - HCA -R. Milton Johnson, Chmn & CEO - Ignored patient mistreatment resulting in damaged eyesight.

Wow, get a lawyer pronto. Do your research on attorneys, get a dream team and OWN THAT *** COMPANY. Good luck.

Nashville, Tennessee
Cons
  • Being abused by nurses millicent nelson and stuart henry

Finn Law Group - Tom Finn, Attorney - Hilton Head Island ***USE CAUTION***

Update by user Jul 08, 2017

The buyers' agent, Mary Aiana Weisbrod (picture shown) also received confidential information from Paulette. That information should have not been shared as I was the client.

Therefore, Paulette colluded with Mary behind my back to swindle me out of my home.

I filed a complaint with the SC Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation. Letter attached.

Update by user Jan 22, 2016

Additional information on Yelp.

Update by user Jan 21, 2016

Paulette Gosden is now a part of Charter One Realty and so is the Broker In Charge Tom Jackson who approved her swindle.

Update by user Nov 29, 2015

It is important note that Paulette also closed on my house in only 8 days which left me homeless!

There is additional information on this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Boycott-Bad-Realtors-and-Agents-150812****099389/?fref=ts

Original review posted by user Nov 26, 2015
This so-called attorney attempted to intimidate me based on the false allegations of his personal friend, Paulette Elaine Rocco Gosden Tumbarello. She is a real estate broker in Hilton Head, SC, who swindled me out of my home and I lost more than $20K while she pocketed $6K. She under-priced my house and when I told her to make a counter offer to the buyer, she refused. Paulette then met with these buyers alone after we had scheduled a meeting together. Tom Finn then had the audacity to threaten me with the attached letter.

Go Gettem folks. Love love this site. Thank you P.C.

@Anonymous

Thank you!

(gao)

View more comments (1)
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Cons
  • Intimidation
Reason of review
Intimidation based on lies!
$20000

Advanced Reviewer

Carolina Cataract And Laser Center - David T. Vroman, MD/Carolina Cataract & Laser Center, UNETHICAL/DISHONEST

On January 25, 2011, I had scheduled surgery for cataract removal, lens implant and a cornea transplant.(DSEK) I chose the Premium IOL (Toric Lens) which would correct my astigmatism and provide me with near and distant vision and according to my doctor, I would not need glasses ever again. Weeks prior to this procedure, I had several detailed conversations with Trident Eye Center outlining the entire process and made all necessary arrangements per their instructions, most notably having someone stay with me during the surgery and drive me to my hotel afterward. They also emphasized the necessity of lying flat on my back immediately after surgery with as little movement as possible. All instructions were clearly understood and agreeable. Things moved along very smoothly until approximately 15 minutes before the surgery. At that time, I was berated by a nurse at the Eye Center, Millicent Nelson about having "someone stay the entire night" with me. This came as a complete surprise because it had never been brought up in previous contacts with them including the night before when the ‘surgery prep call’ was made to me nor at the time of my actual check in. In fact, up to that time, the only related question ever asked was "Is there someone with you?" My doctor's assistant, who arranged the services of the caretaker, was also unaware of this "added requirement". This also posed a potential significant additional expense, as my arrangements with the caretaker did not include her spending the night. Plus, at that point, it was not even a possibility in her schedule. The berating continued and escalated when Millicent brought in Nurse Stuart Henry to assist with the strong-arm tactics. For reasons known only to Millicent and Stuart, I was singled out for their last minute plan changes because this harsh form of interrogation was not presented to other patients having similar procedures that day. This went on for well over an hour and was literally tormenting, when my caretaker firmly questioned them, more than once, as to why they were doing this to me and told them that I was about to have surgery and needed to be calm. This turned into a shouting match that lasted well over an hour. Needless to say this episode resulted in emotional distress evidenced by my blood pressure elevating to 166/100 which is normally 125/80. Not only did this interrogation continue but both Millicent and Stuart stalled when I asked to see my doctor. According to them, “it wasn’t necessary”. I had to actually demand that he be brought in. After Dr. Vroman was finally (and suddenly) called out of surgery and came to see what was going on, this same attitude and line of questioning persisted during their discussion with him. He stated he was unaware of this "additional requirement" for someone to stay through the night, it was never mentioned at his numerous previous surgeries and privately opined their browbeating was, to say the least, unprofessional. (He later offered to write a letter of complaint.) Finally, caught off guard and to appease the last minute demands of Millicent and Stuart, my doctor arranged for his staff assistant to pick me up, drive me back to his office then to the hotel. This made no sense at all since I had a caretaker with me. The bottom line irony of this entire ordeal, no one ended up staying the night with me. Had Trident followed their own initial instructions, this entire procedure would have been a smooth and problem-free experience. As a result of their last minute demands, what should have been a routine process turned into a gut-wrenching and stress-filled ordeal. Initial mutually agreed plans were quite simple; I was to leave Trident with my caretaker, go to the hotel - which I had already checked into earlier - and have the caretaker stay with me until I was comfortably situated. Instead, I went from Trident surgery room to their couch, was then transported by car with my doctor’s staff to his office, was escorted to a couch to lie on, was again transported by car and dropped off at the front door of the hotel. It had been made very clear to me that after the transplant, it was necessary to lie flat on my back for 24 hours with minimal movement. On January 26, when I went for my follow up visit and bandage removal, because I opted for the Premium IOL, my eye tested at 20/40. Needless to say, I was quite happy, however, the cornea slipped. It is my firm belief that the last minute changes demanded by Nurses Nelson and Henry which required additional, unnecessary and excessive movement was a major factor, if not the sole cause, of my cornea slipping out of place necessitating a second and third procedure. The second surgery was in March, 2011. This was a procedure where my doctor tried to "pull" (or refloat) the slipped cornea in place; however it resulted in 'folds" and I could not see at all. It was like trying to see through waxed paper. He then said I had to have another complete transplant, which I did in May, 2011. These additional procedures have been, and still are, emotionally stressful and a financial burden as well because both times I had to again hire the services of a caretaker, travel nearly 100 miles, one way, to get there and rebook a hotel room, be subjected to more anesthesia and pay for the use of the facility. It is important to note that, in March and May when the additional surgeries were performed, the "added requirement" of someone "staying the night" with me was never mentioned by anyone at Trident. Also of importance is, because I went directly from Trident to my hotel as originally planned, there was no cornea slippage as with the first surgery when Nurses Millicent and Stuart required that I literally be shuffled around. Due to the excessive surgeries in the same eye, it resulted in me contracting cystoid macular edema (CME) and permanently diminished vision. I am now receiving steroid shots in my eye (5 so far) every 4-8 weeks and my last vision test was 20/100. I cannot see clearly at less than an arm's length. One surgery had unnecessarily turned into three with permanent complications. I am a non-smoking 63 years old and in reasonably good health. I have had several medical procedures performed in the past and have NEVER had any complications. Although I received a note of apology and flowers from the Vice President of Trident, Jeff Simliss, that does not restore my sight. Also, I have filed a complaint with the SC Board of Licensing against Nurses Nelson and Henry.
Charleston, South Carolina

Advanced Reviewer

Trident Eye Surgery Center - Unethical treatment of a patient allowed by R. Milton Johnson, Pres. HCA and David Vroman, MD

This is a letter I sent to the president of HCA on September 19, 2014 Mr. R. Milton Johnson 5012 Hill Place Drive Nashville, TN 37205 Dear Mr. Johnson, I’m sorry to have to send this letter to your home but for nearly 4 years I have been trying to get in touch with you. All of my calls and correspondence were intercepted, ignored or “handled” by others who made it known to me that it was “just too bad” although I am left with severely damaged eyesight. That being said, I still want to make you personally aware of what happened to me at Trident Eye Center in Charleston, SC. The nurses involved literally “got away” with treating me in a most horrific manner and I am still suffering. I thank you in advance for taking the time to read my letter. Since this letter below was written, I ended up having 8 shots in my right eye to reduce the swelling of the edema - which Dr. David Vroman admitted did not happen until after the second surgery. My issue was the cause for the second surgery that led to a third surgery with severe negative ramifications of my total sight. I have had another cataract surgery with a corneal transplant in my left eye. The very next day when the bandage was removed, I had negative dysphotopsia caused by the reflection of the lens and also because my left eye was overworked by trying to do the work of both eyes, a "second cataract" had formed. I was advised by David Vroman to have YAG surgery performed and that didn't help and my right eye became somewhat "lazy". This past March 2014, I had a vitrectomy with membrane peel surgery in my left eye. Two very common procedures have turned into 8 surgeries. My last eye appointment was August 28, 2014 to try to correct the damage. Again, it is important to note who and what caused me the necessity of a second surgery (and more) and why. Dr. Vroman had assured me he would support me in my complaint against Trident but he and his staff became abusive and refused to return my phone calls. I was left to try to seek justice own. The SC board of licensing dismissed the case without any explanation to me other than “it’s dismissed”. The following is my original complaint. On January 25, 2011, I had scheduled surgery for cataract removal, lens implant and a cornea transplant.(DSEK) I chose the Premium IOL (Toric Lens) which would correct my astigmatism and provide me with near and distant vision and according to my doctor, I would not need glasses ever again. Weeks prior to this procedure, I had several detailed conversations with Trident Eye Center outlining the entire process and made all necessary arrangements per their instructions, most notably having someone stay with me during the surgery and drive me to my hotel afterward. They also emphasized the necessity of lying flat on my back immediately after surgery with as little movement as possible. All instructions were clearly understood and agreeable. Things moved along very smoothly until approximately 15 minutes before the surgery. At that time, I was berated by a nurse at the Eye Center, Millicent Nelson about having "someone stay the entire night" with me. This came as a complete surprise because it had never been brought up in previous contacts with them including the night before when the ‘surgery prep call’ was made to me nor at the time of my actual check in. In fact, up to that time, the only related question ever asked was "Is there someone with you?" My doctor's assistant, who arranged the services of the caretaker, was also unaware of this "added requirement". This also posed a potential significant additional expense, as my arrangements with the caretaker did not include her spending the night. Plus, at that point, it was not even a possibility in her schedule. The berating continued and escalated when Millicent brought in Nurse Stuart Henry to assist with the strong-arm tactics. For reasons known only to Millicent and Stuart, I was singled out for their last minute plan changes because this harsh form of interrogation was not presented to other patients having similar procedures that day. This went on for well over an hour and was literally tormenting, when my caretaker firmly questioned them, more than once, as to why they were doing this to me and told them that I was about to have surgery and needed to be calm. This turned into a shouting match that lasted well over an hour. Needless to say this episode resulted in emotional distress evidenced by my blood pressure elevating to 166/100 which is normally 125/80. Not only did this interrogation continue but both Millicent and Stuart stalled when I asked to see my doctor. According to them, “it wasn’t necessary”. I had to actually demand that he be brought in. After Dr. Vroman was finally (and suddenly) called out of surgery and came to see what was going on, this same attitude and line of questioning persisted during their discussion with him. He stated he was unaware of this "additional requirement" for someone to stay through the night, it was never mentioned at his numerous previous surgeries and privately opined their browbeating was, to say the least, unprofessional. (He later offered to write a letter of complaint.) Finally, caught off guard and to appease the last minute demands of Millicent and Stuart, my doctor arranged for his staff assistant to pick me up, drive me back to his office then to the hotel. This made no sense at all since I had a caretaker with me. The bottom line irony of this entire ordeal, no one ended up staying the night with me. Had Trident followed their own initial instructions, this entire procedure would have been a smooth and problem-free experience. As a result of their last minute demands, what should have been a routine process turned into a gut-wrenching and stress-filled ordeal. Initial mutually agreed plans were quite simple; I was to leave Trident with my caretaker, go to the hotel - which I had already checked into earlier - and have the caretaker stay with me until I was comfortably situated. Instead, I went from Trident surgery room to their couch, was then transported by car with my doctor’s staff to his office, was escorted to a couch to lie on, was again transported by car and dropped off at the front door of the hotel. It had been made very clear to me that after the transplant, it was necessary to lie flat on my back for 24 hours with minimal movement. On January 26, when I went for my follow up visit and bandage removal, because I opted for the Premium IOL, my eye tested at 20/40. Needless to say, I was quite happy, however, the cornea slipped. It is my firm belief that the last minute changes demanded by Nurses Nelson and Henry which required additional, unnecessary and excessive movement was a major factor, if not the sole cause, of my cornea slipping out of place necessitating a second and third procedure. The second surgery was in March 2011. This was a procedure where my doctor tried to "pull" (or refloat) the slipped cornea in place; however it resulted in 'folds" and I could not see at all. It was like trying to see through waxed paper. He then said I had to have another complete transplant, which I did in May 2011. These additional procedures have been, and still are, emotionally stressful and a financial burden as well because both times I had to again hire the services of a caretaker, travel nearly 100 miles, one way, to get there, re-book a hotel room, be subjected to more anesthesia and pay for the use of the facility. It is important to note that, in March and May when the additional surgeries were performed, the "added requirement" of someone "staying the night" with me was never mentioned by anyone at Trident. Also of importance is, because I went directly from Trident to my hotel as originally planned, there was no cornea slippage as with the first surgery when Nurses Millicent and Stuart required that I literally be shuffled around. Due to the excessive surgeries in the same eye, it resulted in me contracting cystoid macular edema (CME) and permanently diminished vision. I am now receiving steroid shots in my eye (5 so far) every 4-8 weeks and my last vision test was 20/100. I cannot see clearly at less than an arm's length. One surgery had unnecessarily turned into three with permanent complications. I am a non-smoking 63 years old and in reasonably good health. I have had several medical procedures performed in the past and have NEVER had any complications. Although I received a note of apology and flowers from the Vice President of Trident, Jeff Simliss, that does not restore my sight. He actually thought it was funny and told me I should be thanking him for the flowers. Also, I have filed a complaint with the SC Board of Licensing against Nurses Nelson and Henry. I tried talking to SVP Kevin Chilvers afterward but he refused to respond to my emails after Sandy Liles “adjudicated” the case and didn’t bother to phone me. (end) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Links associated with Johnson and Vroman http://hcahealthcare.com/about/ http://www.carolinacataract.com/ http://investor.hcahealthcare.com/leadership/directors-officers/r-milton-johnson

Spot on sir. Dr David Vroman should have his license revoked!

My eye sight after Crosslinking is so much worse!

Five minutes cost me out of pocket 2000.00. No nurse or doctor follow up!

@Anonymous

I'm sorry you also had a bad experience with Vroman. He is unethical, greedy and money hungry.

My eyesight is worse than before I met him. He got away with neglecting me as a patient and allowing his nurses, Millicent Nelson and Stuart Henry to abuse me,

View more comments (1)
Charleston, South Carolina
Cons
  • Way i was treated by so-called professionals