Verified Reviewer

Emerald Nursing and Rehab of Columbus - Denied information about my mother and was not allowed to clear out her room

Update by user Aug 26, 2020

It has been very difficult for me to add these updates, because the situation has continued to worsen. When I was clearing out my mom’s room at Emerald, I saw blood on her bed.

Emerald administration would not tell me why there was blood on her bed. To the best of my knowledge, my mother did not have an IV administered at any time at Emerald, nor was she injected with anything, nor was she intubated. As a non-medical person, I am trying to think of all the plausible reasons why there could be blood on my mother’s bed. Maybe one or all of these procedures were done to her, but Emerald isn’t talking.

They referred me to AseraCare, the hospice facility that was involved in my mom’s care. AseraCare also refused to answer me as to why blood was on her bed.

It’s becoming more and more obvious to me that there is a great deal of cover-up going on. The question is, why?

Update by user Aug 23, 2020

Update 8/21/20 - My lawyer had previously called Emerald Nursing and Rehab to tell them that they needed to set up a time for my mother's 3 children who live in Nebraska to come and clear out her belongings after her death. Emerald then called me and we set an appointment.

When we got there, we found her room had been ransacked. Books had been pulled off the bookshelf and were in a heap on the floor. Her photo albums were missing, as well as personal cards and letters. Emerald would not say who had done this, or who had been in her room prior to our arrival!

How can a legitimate care facility do this? How can they legally operate this facility?

Their treatment of residents' family members is horrible! This is beyond appalling.

Update by user Aug 20, 2020

Update - I just received a phone call from the facility. They are now allowing me to get my mother's belongings. This is a positive step!

Original review posted by user Aug 19, 2020
My mother lived in Emerald Nursing and Rehab, an assisted living facility in Columbus, NE, for about a year. She was well cared-for and was happy there. Unfortunately, the staff of Emerald does not work with the family members of the residents; they work against them. When I called to ask how my mother was doing, I was told they could not give me that information. When my mother asked me to make a doctor's appointment for her, the facility told me I was not allowed to take my mother to the doctor. My mother was placed on hospice, without my consent, even though she did not have a terminal diagnosis. Medicare (the taxpayers - you and I) paid for the very costly and unnecessary hospice visits. When I asked why my mother was on hospice, no one would give me a satisfactory answer. When my mother passed away, NO ONE from the facility called to tell me! Then, I was denied access to her room to clear out her belongings. Clearly Emerald is a very secretive organization; the question is, why? What are they hiding, and why is the most basic information about the resident not given to the family members? I would never recommend this facility to anyone.

User's recommendation: I do not recommend this facility to anyone.

ID
Lincoln, Nebraska
Product
Emerald Nursing And Rehab Of Columbus Retirement Community

Verified Reviewer

Weight Watchers - Paid extra for personal counseling - never received it

I joined Weight Watchers Online and paid extra for the perk of having a coach call me and talk to me one-on-one. No one ever called me. Ever. Not once.

User's recommendation: Don't pay for the non-existent "personal coaching".

ID
#2068709 Review #2068709 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service