Local Lighthouse - Scammed my 79 year old father and is still harassing him

I work with my dad in a small business. He received a high pressure sales call from Local Lighthouse promising many things including a high tech website geared toward our customers for $99 (this website is a joke). That is what my dad thought it cost for a year. The guy on the phone agreed, got my dad's credit card number, and talked him through the docusign which my dad signed in an 'oral' agreement with the guy on the phone and "not at all" to what was on the docufile in writing that literally didn't show up on my dad's computer because he has the images enlarged so he can see them (due to impaired eyesight); he never saw the other part of the document. His business doesn't make enough money to support anything more than $99 a year for a website service and my dad knows that and wouldn't have agreed anything else. We fought his through his credit card company, wrote a letter to Local Lighthouse as THEY REQUESTED, asked to cancel our agreement due to a LIE, and we are now being harassed by their collection agency for $427.55. This place will lie to you and your loved ones. They say you can cancel anytime if you are not happy- that is a LIE. Small businesses like my dad's could take a serious hit trying to deal with these corrupt practices. Do NOT believe anything they say and warn others to stay away from them. They took advantage of a senior citizen and they will take advantage of you.
ID
Allen, Texas
Cons
  • Lying to me from beginning
  • Difficult to cancel
  • Did not want me to cancel
Reason of review