Thor Industries - 2016 THOR ACE All Models very uncomfortable to drive

We just bought a 2016 THOR ACE 30.2. This vehicle does not have a seat that lowers up and down making it very uncomfortable to drive. The vehicle is very uncomfortable to drive. The first trip we took was only 120 miles a I fund it very difficult to push the gas pedal. I called the THOR Manufacturer and explain the situation and he basically told me it's yours you bought it. They did not offer any solution to the poorly designed drivers seat. Not the help I was looking for after spending $85,000 plus. After all the whole reason for buying a RV is to travel comfortably.

Didn't you drive it before you bought it???

@Anonymous

Yes but not far enough. Only about 10 miles.

The first trip we took was several hundred miles and that is when I realized how comfortable the seats were. I had 5 inch rises installed by the dealer (see comment below) and that made the seating lower like a car. It rides much more comfortably now.

Good Luvk they are very attractive coaches but I have to agree the quality control is very lacking.

I have found over a dozen loose screws just lying around. Never had that with any car or boat I have bought.

Just bought 2016 ACE 30.2. Had to build a 3 inch platform to go on the floor under the drivers feet and the passenger seat feet since neither have vertical adjustment.

Very uncomfortable. Both bunk Tv's are are mounted too low to be viewed lying down - and the side mounted DVD player slot is blocked by the GFI power cord making them unusable.

It's as though no one from Thor took the time to ever review their engineering. Coach is 2 weeks old.

@Anonymous

Thor makestwo other riser heights 5 and 7 inches. We had the ten inch risers replaces by 5 inch rigors by the dealer we bought the THor ACE from. This worked great as it not seats more like a car.

Good luck. We have a 2015 ACE, purchased Feb 2015, that has been with the dealer more then with us.

Not major repairs, except for the toilet backing up, but enough to be a pain in the rear. From what I have read after the fact.

Poor quality, poor manufacturer service and lots of unhappy customers. Too late for us since we are their victims but hoping other prospective purchasers find out before purchase.

View more comments (4)
ID
Powell, Tennessee
Cons
  • Product quality
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution