Square - Extremely Fishy!

Had pretty much the same experience with them as many "P.O.d" customers / clients on this page. After taking a $4500 payment from one of my clients, they demanded a verification process, including the most recent 3 bank statements, which is already way too much private information to provide to any company. After said review, they claimed patterns of "high risk behavior" (without specifying what exactly that might entail), terminated the account - never mind the $4500 of legitimate funds in there, on hold for 90 days - and are essentially unavailable for comment. Very fishy business practices, and absolute NO way to get in touch with them. When trying to call them, the system puts you in a "catch 22' loop, (in which you are supposed to provide a "customer code", which you can't get unless they want something from you), from which is there is no escape. I personally would consider THEM as "high risk", and holding your hard earned money for 90 days is something NO real bank in the US is ever allowed to do! There are far better services out there, such as PayPal credit card services, so no need to put yourself at the mercy of these clowns ... Run, don't walk away from the "square" !

CashApp stole me and my Fiance's money. Over 3,000 Dollars.

Have not recieved a response or reply after we answered the questions for them to investigate. Do not trust this company.

#1712078

Im in on this lawsuit. 7,800 dollars, sent documents in the sum of 50 attachments and it didnt make a difference. These people are crooks and need to be shutdown for singlehandedly killing the hopes and dreams of the small business owner

#1712096
@Anonymous

Can you help me? I took my first payment of $2,000 6/20/19 bank account got verified 6/26/19 now its 7/5/19 and still no deposit...the deposit just says pending everyday but I’m the app it says suspended. But when I login to verify it says “you’re all good”

It Has been well over 180 days since they deactivated my account and I still have no sign of my money, i send multiple emails

#1712097
@Jeryn

just had the exact same thing done to me....holding 2000 dollars......no help no response....but i promise they will hear from me whether they like it or not

View more comments (5)
ID
Hollywood, Florida
Cons
  • Lack of responsiveness
Reason of review
Acct Termination & NO recourse, response, or explanation!
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution