Verified Reviewer

ChangeMyAddress Org - Pissed Customer

ChangeMyAddress Org - Pissed Customer
I was trying to change my address online through the government U.S. Postal Service site, which only charged $1.70 to do a change of address online. Somehow when I was submitting a payment, I was on the ChangeMyAddress.Org site, which charged my debit card $79.95 to do a change of address. It did not show me a receipt of how much was being charged, but the fraud department from my bank sent me a text and asked me if I authorized a charge of 79.95 for a change of address. I responded that I did not authorize it. I thought I was paying only $1.70 and I had not idea how I was removed from the government US postal site because that was the page I had gone to.

User's recommendation: Please be careful when doing a change of address online. You may go to a government site, but it might not be one really. Make sure it shows you a receipt of what you are actually being charged.

ID
#2057370 Review #2057370 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Changemyaddress Org Change Of Address
Pros
  • Quick change of address online
Cons
  • Appears to be part of the us post office
Preferred solution