Carlos Paz, Mahogany Entryways

Update by user Jan 29, 2017

After stealing money from several customers, they are out of business.

Original review posted by user Jan 28, 2017
First, the free shipping cost me $800 as the shipper had no way to off-load the entryway. I had to pay for storage, and then pay for, and operate a fork lift to complete the delivery. Second, the installation instructions required that 31 holes be drilled in the entryway frame. Carlos provided no trim to cover the holes. After months of emails, he apologized, promised to provide pictures of the trim being manufactured and that he would ship the final product by air freight. Several months later after additional inquiries (and no pictures), he stated that he was awaiting the complete filling of a shipping container (so much for air freight). Months later after more inquiries he stated that my trim was held up in customs. More months and several emails later, no response at all. Apparently his year's worth of emails were all an elaborate construction of lies.
Service
Mahogany Entryways Door Installation
Poor customer service
$2000
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Heckards Door - Heckard's Door Overcharged $300

Heckard's Door was commissioned to install a replacement mahogany entryway that I had had manufactured. The contract stated minimum $950 for six hours to a maximum of $1250 for 10 hours work by two installers. The installers worked less than 5 hours, 40 minutes and I was charged the full rate of $1250. When I asked about the $300 overcharge, the customer service representative said that it was for her time. What she fails to understand is that her time is classified as "administrative overhead", which along with other overhead such as depreciation, is already rolled into the hourly rate unless otherwise specified in the contract. On top of that, I derived absolutely no benefit from her efforts and in fact found her more of a hindrance than help. For instance she failed to give the installers the code enforcement approved installation instructions and the inspection failed as a result. I had to install an additional 17 anchor screws in order for the installation to pass inspection - many of which could have been installed in the remaining 20 minutes of work that I paid for but did not receive. Bad enough that I had to pay for her time once in the overhead, I certainly do not want to pay twice. Their overall price was more than half again as much as a bid that I received from a fiberglass window and door installer that I trusted (he had done only eave work for me), but I chose Heckard's because mahogany door manufacturing and installation was their business.
#2001461

please call me 386-454-****

Jacksonville, Florida
Pricing issue
Price reduction

Mahogany Doors Honduras - Stole $3000

Update by user Sep 14, 2015

I forgot to mention that the phone number for the Doral Police Department is (305) 593-****, press 7 and ask for the front desk.

Update by user Sep 14, 2015

You have to file a police report with your own city in order to then file a complaint with Miami (Doral) Florida police (a JSO officer came to my house to do this). I provided email correspondence and proof of payment for the JSO report.

The JSO officer then provided me with a case number. I then called the Doral Police Department and provided them with my DL#, JSO case number and answered some questions.

The Doral officer stated that the complaint would be forwarded to the Miami fraud detective division for processing. Since mine is a relatively small amount of money, he said that several reports will be required before any action is taken.

Original review posted by user Sep 09, 2015
Gary took a $3000 down payment with my supplied CAD drawing, and could not provide an even close fleshed out drawings after some attempts and two months. I fired him and he replied that he was sorry to let me down and that he would return my money. I have not heard from him in nearly 2 months in spite of repeated attempts to email him. I have since found that his web site has been up and down and he has had several customer complaints. I have filed a complaint with Florida State, Miami Dade, and IC3 and will soon be filing a police report in Miami.
Jacksonville, Florida
Cons
  • Stole the entire deposit
Order processing issue