Resolved: Cold Hearted US Airways/ American

My grandfather passed away and I canceled my upcoming trip to Hawaii. After speaking with my family and Fiance they said to go ahead and go as it is much needed. My grandpa and I were very close and I know he had been sick for a while but it really devestated me. When I called to rebook the similar flight which ended costing less. I had a $2,150 credit and ended only using $1,600 and instead of them using that to pay for my $400 changing fee they asked they i paid out of pocket. I understand the policy...but when i asked them to please waive my fee and still pay for my fiances, Amanda at American, just said no and show NO compassion that my grandpa had passed. With so many airlines out there I dont have to fly with American and I dont think anyone should. I understand, business is business but I will not fly with such a cold hearted airline ever again. very disapointed.

This is business, not a charity. You agreed to pay the change fees when you bought the tickets.

Now you complain when you are held to the contract terms you agreed to. No airlines takes vouchers for the change fee. The change fee is totally separate from the ticket. You are paying for them to change the ticket.

That requires the payment of cash.

Look at it this way. You still have $550.00 worth of credit to take another trip.

Resolved