Friedmans Jewelry - Friedman's Jewelers Sucks!

My fiance went to Friedman's to purchase my engagement ring. He was told he was purchasing a VS2 diamond center ring (w/accents). He was told no card was available for the ring but that the diamond was a colorless VS2. When I got the ring, it had a crack in it, visible to the naked eye, which reflected black. When we went back in they offered to move the diamond so we wouldn't see the crack. When we told them what he'd purchased, they said he was misinformed. They then told him he could come back in to replace the diamond when their jeweler brought more in. They were very rude! On his third trip to the store, he picked out a new diamond that fit the description he was told he bought originally and they charged him a fee to upgrade to what he was supposed to have originally purchased. They also resized the ring to the size they told me I was in the store. Needless to say, after my fiance's 3rd trip, I had to make a 4th trip to the store because the ring was still too big and there was black stuff all over the ring. The black stuff turned out to be cleaning stuff that I still can't get off. There are also now scratches inside the ring. THE ONLY reason I still have this ring is because he bought it for me and it's the ring he proposed with. I will never, never, never purchase anything again from this jeweler.

Good pos My fiance went to Friedman's to purchase my engagement ring. He was told he was purchasing a VS2 diamond center ring (w/accents).

He was told no card was available for the ring but that the diamond was a colorless VS2. When I got the ring, it had a crack in it, visible to the naked eye, which reflected black,thanks for.Woodbury Jewelers

My wife has lost a diamond in her ring. I am weary of their catering mostly to teens.

Their watches are not adjustable unless you get the expensive ones. I'm glad they are going, hopefully for good.

I know what you are going through I am going through it to. I am on my 3rd set going on a forth.

Here is how my story started before my husband and I even got married last June I had to have the wedding band brought back in because I was looking it over and it had a cracked diamond in the wedding band.Took it to the store and the guy tells me it is just how the diamond was cut and I knew better and told him if that was so hows come none of the others were like that. He became speechless and was all sorts of shaking and then he told me we could just swap it out cause we had the protection plan through them. So we did and then we married mind you I was only engaged less than a year before my husband and I start to notice that my rings were irritating my finger so I took it in and the manager told me it was because it needed to be filed down. So it had to be sent off and I was out a ring 2 weeks and I get it back and that very night the band broke completely.

She told me where it had broke was the bridge of the ring and it would be hard to fix cause the golds might not match up. So i go back in there she apologized and I was told she could order me a new set cause my set was saudured together and it took over a month for them to find my set i had and when I got the set the ring looked darker all together the diamond and the gold. And this ring did not have the word love engraved in it like my original one did with the o having a little diamond in it. She assured me it was real..So by this time my business went elsewhere as far as anymore purchases went but I still had insurance on the one I have.

So a month or two goes by and my rings needed to be re dipped and i had to go yet another 2 weeks without my rings. Well when I just got them back right before Easter I notice that it was dark it was form where they had left it in the solution to long. I dealt with it and i start to notice that my ring is snagging and I just thought it was a prong no it was the 1/2 caret chipped. I instantly go into the office and tell them I feel as if i was given a cheaper set of rings as a replacement of the original set that was ok.

And I told her this diamond had so many black spots in it as to where the other didn\'t. She told me they could replace the diamond or she could just give me a new set. Well I wanted a nice set that my husband was paying big bucks for. So I pick out a new set the selection was so slim I really had no choice to go by and I was told i could come by to pick a set at a restyling event and I didn\'t want to do that cause a friend of mine did that and had nothing but problems with it.

So I choose a Princess Cut I had to go to a 1/3 caret and because of the difference in price I was told i could pick out another piece of jewelery to even the amount out he had spent on my original set. So I choose earring. Well I just got my new set of rings rings this past Friday and I pick them up I really like the set.When I picked it up the manager told me Freidman\'s was going out of business they were just told last night.(Thursday 4/3/08) Well I was sitting outside on Sat to enjoy the sun and i am admiring the ring and I notice that one of the diamonds looked funny on the wedding band Well go figure it is cracked. I call the store I was so mad you can understand what I am going through i was not nice to them at all and told them what I thought..

The girl tried to tell me that a diamond is hard to break so that it was probably an inclusion deep in the diamond. I said if that was the case I would not be able to run my fingernail across it and fill where it was broken. She told me I would have to bring it in and the manager would take care of it on Monday. So you all can imagine how things are going to go.

I am taking the earrings and the rings in and telling them I am not happy with the service and I want what he is paying for my 1/2 caret diamond back.. So wish me luck..But needless to say no wonder they are going out of business they are selling junk rings..My business has went elsewhere and I have referred others to anyone but Freidman\'s..

Here is how my story started before my husband and I even got married last June I had to have the wedding band brought back in because I was looking it over and it had a cracked diamond in the wedding band.Took it to the store and the guy tells me it is just how the diamond was cut and I knew better and told him if that was so hows come none of the others were like that. He became speechless and was all sorts of shaking and then he told me we could just swap it out cause we had the protection plan through them. So we did and then we married mind you I was only engaged less than a year before my husband and I start to notice that my rings were irritating my finger so I took it in and the manager told me it was becuse it needed to be filed down. So it had to be sent off and I was out a ring 2 weeks and I get it back and that very night the band broke completely and i go back in there she apologized and I was told she could order me a new set cause my set was saudured together and it took over a month for them to find my set i had and when I got the set the ring looked darker all together the diamond and the gold.

And this ring did not have the work engraved in it like my other one did with the o having a little diamond in it. So by this time my business went elsewhere as far as anymore purchases went but I still had insurance on the one I have. So a month or two goes by and my rings needed to be re dipped and i had to go yet another 2 weeks without my rings. Well when I just got them back right before Easter I notice that it was dark it was form where they had left it in the solution to long.

I dealt with it and i start to notice that my ring is snagging and I just thought it was a prong no it was the 1/2 caret chipped. I instantly go into the office and tell them I feel as if i was given a cheaper set of rings as a replacement of the orginal set that was ok. And I told her this diamond had so many black spots in it as to where the other didn't. She told me they could replace the diamond or she could just give me a new set.

Well I wanted a nice set that my husband was paying big bucks for. So I pick out a new set the selection was so slim I really had no choice to go by and I was told i could come by to pick a set at a restyling event and I didn't want to do that cause a friend of mine did that and had nothing but problems with it. So I choose a Princess Cut I had to go to a 1/3 caret and because of the difference in price I was told i could pick out another piece of jewelery to even the amount out he had spent on my original set. So I choose earring.

Well I just got my new set of rings rings this past Friday and I pick them up I really like the set.When I picked it up the manager told me Freidman's was going out of business they were just told last night.(Thursday 4/3/08) Well I was sitting outside on Sat to enjoy the sun and i am admiring the ring and I notice that one of the diamonds looked funny on the wedding band Well go figure it is cracked. I call the store I was so mad you can understand what I am going through i was not nice to them at all and told them what I thought.. The girl tried to tell me that a diamond is hard to break so that it was probably an inclusion deep in the diamond. I said if that was the case I would not be able to run my fingernail across it and fill where it was broken.

She told me I would have to bring it in and the manager would take care of it on Monday. So you all can imagine how things are going to go. I am sure I am not going to be able to get any of my husbands money back but I do hope to get what he originally paid for in the first place.

I am taking the earrings and the rings in and telling them I am not happy with the service and I want what he is paying for my 1/2 caret diamond back.. So wish me luck..But needless to say no wonder they are going out of business they are selling junk rings..My business has went elsewhere and I have referred others to anyone but Freidman's..

THEY ARE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS ANYWAYS, BUT DON'T YOU LOOK OVER THE MERCHANDISE BEFORE YOU MAKE A PURCHASE??? VS2 MEANS VERY SLIGHT INCLUSION 2.

WHICH MEANS IT HAS 2 VERY SLIGHT INCLUSIONS IN THE RING.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD PAY FOR A PERFECT DIAMOND????? :p

Try cleaning your ring in a mixture of 1/2 and 1/2 Mr. Clean without ammonia.

This works best when you heat up the mixture. Use a toothbrush to lightly scrub the ring. The "scratches" that you see inside the ring are called "feathering" and have always been there; you may not have noticed it on first inspection.

Also, do not trust most sales associates, the majority of them have no clue about what they are selling. A few good ones do, but they are hard to come by.

View more comments (5)